g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2021-2022

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
What do you guys think about Vanderbilt? He has always shown the right attitude since he has been with the Wolves and the Nuggets were also full of praise, he was unpolished on his strength which was defense and rebounding but this season he has put things together and keeps improving, I don't know what his ceiling is but it could be something else. To me he is the kind of player that is invaluable, someone that all teams in the NBA would love to have.
Undersized big who's limited and relies on his athleticism. Once he loses his athleticism he'll be out of the league because his only advantage is being fast enough to switch on to smaller player and not get burnt.

He needs to work on his 3s. That can be the difference between him being out of the league and finding himself always able to get the vet's minimum to ring chase.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This season it has been the opposite. It's the defense that has been driving their current record while inconsistencies on the offensive side have seen them unable to capitalize on the improved defense. For the entirety of this current season the Wolves have had a top 10 defense and a bottom 10 offense.
Haven't express myself well... Wolves aggressive defense is great and what makes them very good this season with Beverly/Vanderbilt being big part of that. However, they hinder the Wolves to some degree in the offense.
On the other hand, if they go on the bench their defense suffers. That's what I meant by saying they are struggling a bit with the overall balance of the team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Haven't express myself well... Wolves aggressive defense is great and what makes them very good this season with Beverly/Vanderbilt being big part of that. However, they hinder the Wolves to some degree in the offense.
On the other hand, if they go on the bench their defense suffers. That's what I meant by saying they are struggling a bit with the overall balance of the team.
The Beverley/DLo/Edwards/Vanderbilt/Town starting five has a 135 ortg and 85 drtg. Vanderbilt is actually very important offensively due to his offensive rebounding abilities while Beverley high 3pts% is also important for this team. The issue has been the bench and the lack of consistent offense coming from it in particular with the likes of Beasley and Prince scoring way below what should be expected. The Wolves issue is that they lack depth offensively with Reid being the only reliable point scorer while the likes of Nowell and Beasley can get hot but can also be ice cold, which they have been for a large part of the season.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The Beverley/DLo/Edwards/Vanderbilt/Town starting five has a 135 ortg and 85 drtg. Vanderbilt is actually very important offensively due to his offensive rebounding abilities while Beverley high 3pts% is also important for this team. The issue has been the bench and the lack of consistent offense coming from it in particular with the likes of Beasley and Prince scoring way below what should be expected. The Wolves issue is that they lack depth offensively with Reid being the only reliable point scorer while the likes of Nowell and Beasley can get hot but can also be ice cold, which they have been for a large part of the season.
Beverly has barely over 30% for 3pts and is often left alone. Vanderbilt is indeed hugely important in terms of offensive rebounds, but that's about it. Think they are definitely upgradable in the offensive scheme.

However, I do like that starting 5 and that ortg/drtg is quite impressive, so I will concede a point here in terms of their bench and that being the most important factor.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
A loss is a loss is a loss, but hey it was better than last time...

....and Jonathan Kuminga looked pretty darn good.

Deery

Dreary
The Celtics beat the Knicks and Kemba which was good…. Bleed Green!

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Anthony Davis for me is one of talents of the history of power-forwards.His soft attitudes and injuries are destroy his career right-now.Even KG who is a lot slimmer than him could guard 5 better than him100 times.

elmo

Anthony Davis for me is one of talents of the history of power-forwards.His soft attitudes and injuries are destroy his career right-now.Even KG who is a lot slimmer than him could guard 5 better than him100 times.
You could breath on him when he's on the ground and he'll act like he got shot.

It's bloody annoying because you think he suffered a career ending injury from how he's acting but nope, it's just a fecking twisted ankle.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You could breath on him when he's on the ground and he'll act like he got shot.

It's bloody annoying because you think he suffered a career ending injury from how he's acting but nope, it's just a fecking twisted ankle.
It's the same for all the superstars of this era. Curry, Harden, LeBron, Durant, Giannis, Luka etc

ZDwyr

It's the same for all the superstars of this era. Curry, Harden, LeBron, Durant, Giannis, Luka etc
Davis is far worse than any of those.

This past draft class is so good. One of the deepest in a long time.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Everybody flops, but not everyone acts like they suffered a career ending injury almost every game.
That's it in a nutshell. Harden for instance doesn't feign injury (at least no longer than he needs to in order to get to the line). He's a flopper. LeBron, now there's somebody who feigns injury. At least Davis didn't come out to the post match presser with a cast on.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I weirdly enjoy teams being forced to sign those random players on 10 day contracts. Some recognizable faces back in the league.

ZDwyr

I weirdly enjoy teams being forced to sign those random players on 10 day contracts. Some recognizable faces back in the league.
Agree. It would probably be better for some more G-League players to get these opportunities but there's a fun nostalgia to some of the signings.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Best game from Steph in a month. Great win. The Grizz always seem to give the Dubs problems.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Still can't believe the Lakers let Caruso go to supposedly keep Horton-Tucker.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's not just Caruso though, most of their moves make no sense at all. Some of their lineups are hilariously bad at this point . Was watching the Suns game and they had Bron,Russ,Melo,Rondo and THT on the floor together which was just so strange to watch and their only replacement was Isiah . I understand that they have a few people out but it's not looking good

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's not just Caruso though, most of their moves make no sense at all. Some of their lineups are hilariously bad at this point . Was watching the Suns game and they had Bron,Russ,Melo,Rondo and THT on the floor together which was just so strange to watch and their only replacement was Isiah . I understand that they have a few people out but it's not looking good
It's almost as if someone decided to cherry pick players he thought were good, but didn't do any due diligence on how they play with others.

....or if they were older than dirt.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Fixed this for you.

Let's be honest, if Caruso was signed with Klutch, he'll still be with the Lakers.
That's just what I read, they only had money for one of those two.

Pretty sure Russ makes more than LeBron, why not blame him?

elmo

That's just what I read, they only had money for one of those two.

Pretty sure Russ makes more than LeBron, why not blame him?
Because Russ is actually playing well?

Besides, the plan for Russ is always for him to play in the regular season so LeBron is healthy and rested for the playoffs.

They chose THT, who's only really played well in some games other than the summer league over Caruso who was at worst their third best player in the playoffs last year. Doesn't even make any sense considering they're in win now mode and THT doesn't fit the timeline at all but they're still willing to go over the cap for him over Caruso.

LeBron playing GM is cancer for his team. He could get away with it when he was in his 20s, because he was that good. Not so anymore.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
LeBron playing GM is cancer for his team. He could get away with it when he was in his 20s, because he was that good. Not so anymore.
It's almost as if someone tried to cherry pick players he thought were good etc......

Ladron de redcafe

Lebron James wants to understand what makes Covid any different from the common cold or the flu. "Help my out folks" he writes, adding a shrug emoji.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wish this was more common on fast breaks.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Not looking forward to this one. With Wiggins, Poole, Lee and Moody out along with Klay and James Wiseman, things could get ugly.

RORY65

Not looking forward to this one. With Wiggins, Poole, Lee and Moody out along with Klay and James Wiseman, things could get ugly.
Doesn't Curry also have a terrible record on Christmas day? Unless that changes it's very difficult to see how the Warriors will even be able to get close to the Suns.

massi83

Tatum is the dumbest player in the league for last possessions of quarters. And Smart and Brown aren't much better.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
At least you still have a couple of starters. The Wolves lost the last member of their starting 5. :lol:

ZDwyr

Entertaining game. Thought Booker was quite terrible. Porter was very good for the Warriors.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
We freaking won. We freaking won. Dammit, we freaking won.

Woohoo!