NBA 2021-2022

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That could be the worst quarter of basketball the Dubs have played all year. Couldn't hit water from a boat and absolutely dire defense. Spurs players left wide open for numerous threes.

mav_9me

Clearly you didn't, there's a reason why everyone isn't on my case. He started well but faded badly. He's gone 7-22, 4-21, 8-20 the last 3 times he's played them. That's a team that clearly knows how to deal with him.
Umm that reason is cuz some of us think your point is too stupid to argue. For ex I am ignoring your posts on this.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Came all the way back and then fell apart in the last 2 minutes.

ZDwyr

Seems like the Spurs always do well against the Warriors. Not sure if that is the case or if I'm just remembering certain games. The West is really tight outside the top and bottom 3 or 4 teams.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well, whoever new GM at Portland is they will probably have to trade Lillard as the first move. The team outside of him is just abysmal and at 31 he finally has to go to a team where he can go far in the playoffs and compete for the championship as a second or third option (he’s not good enough to be no. 1 on a contender at this point IMO). Or at least go to a big market team that will maybe have a chance of getting a star next to him, like Knicks.

Just get a bunch of picks, maybe one or two semi-decent young players and then find buyers for CJ, Powell, Nurkic, Covington and whoever has any value remaining. Blow it up and build back because being that 41-41 team that gets hammered by any decent team is frankly pointless.

Ladron de redcafe

Nothing to do with choking. Steph was carrying an injury when the finals started. By the time they got to game 7 even Kevin Love was able to guard him. As a fan, it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. You knew the damage was coming but there was nothing you could do about it.

It's funny, but everybody seems to have this misconception that Steph doesn't perform in the finals. He's top 10 all-time points per game as far as finals are concerned. That's pretty damn good!
I agree. If Kevin Love was able to stick with him on isolations, that's as indicative as anything that his MCL injury hadn't healed. Having said that, he didn't help his case with some bad decision making in the final 6 minutes of that game 7.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Nothing to do with choking. Steph was carrying an injury when the finals started. By the time they got to game 7 even Kevin Love was able to guard him. As a fan, it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. You knew the damage was coming but there was nothing you could do about it.

It's funny, but everybody seems to have this misconception that Steph doesn't perform in the finals. He's top 10 all-time points per game as far as finals are concerned. That's pretty damn good!
I think it’s partly because he doesn’t have a Finals MVP. Personally, I think he should have got it over Iggy for their first title win.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Never understood the hate for Golden State. Probably because everyone went on the bandwagon after they became good, but they are really likable with Steph and Klay there.

Ok, understand it after Durant Durant joined.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Never understood the hate for Golden State. Probably because everyone went on the bandwagon after they became good, but they are really likable with Steph and Klay there.

Ok, understand it after Durant Durant joined.
I've said the same thing for years. The Dubs were crap for 40 years and then managed to put together a team the right way through the draft. In addition, Steph and Klay seem to be two of the nicest guys in the sport. Why anybody wanted the Cavs to win in 2016 is beyond me. They were a totally manufactured team where LeBron pulled all the strings to get the players he wanted.

After Durant showed up I can understand some of the bad feeling but prior to that IMLTHO the Dubs were one of the best "feel good" stories in all of sport.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Meh, Curry has always been quite cocky, Klay has also spouted rubbish ("it's a men's game", lol) and Draymond is just a bellend. Add to that guys like Zaza and it's not been a surprise that people dislike/disliked them.
I've got nothing against the organization but the team iself... meh.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
All that and they don't have the decency to bow down to the great Lakers. Spurs, Suns, Warriors, Kings, Clippers all live to beat the Lakers . This is without mentioning the worst NBA franchise of all. The green cnuts in Boston.

Zen

I don't know why people are all that fussed on 'cocky'ness really, at that level, you've kind of got to have some of it to get there, and most certainly, to stay there. Curry seems as genuine as someone can be on that pedestal in terms of being somewhat modest. He's also in ultra elite company on that pedestal - only like LeBron, Tiger, Roger, Ronaldo, Messi, Serena, Mayweather are bigger than him over the past decade, maybe some others too. But it's a small pedestal.... he's also quite heavily credited for absolutely revolutionising his sport, something which, well from that list, only Tiger can also claim to the same level, I guess you could say Federer too... given that serve and volley used to ultra dominate at least 2 slams.

So maybe just maybe, it's a little bit hard not to show a bit of self-appreciation at times. The others all have too.

BarstoolProphet

I don't know why people are all that fussed on 'cocky'ness really, at that level, you've kind of got to have some of it to get there, and most certainly, to stay there. Curry seems as genuine as someone can be on that pedestal in terms of being somewhat modest. He's also in ultra elite company on that pedestal - only like LeBron, Tiger, Roger, Ronaldo, Messi, Serena, Mayweather are bigger than him over the past decade, maybe some others too. But it's a small pedestal.... he's also quite heavily credited for absolutely revolutionising his sport, something which, well from that list, only Tiger can also claim to the same level, I guess you could say Federer too... given that serve and volley used to ultra dominate at least 2 slams.

So maybe just maybe, it's a little bit hard not to show a bit of self-appreciation at times. The others all have too.
Agree. I also think he is one of the most, if not the most, entertaining players in sports history, regardless of sports.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Meh, Curry has always been quite cocky, Klay has also spouted rubbish ("it's a men's game", lol) and Draymond is just a bellend. Add to that guys like Zaza and it's not been a surprise that people dislike/disliked them.
I've got nothing against the organization but the team iself... meh.
How can anyone dislike them when they're up against the Cavs at that time?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
How can anyone dislike them when they're up against the Cavs at that time?
I don't know, I'm not running a likeability barometer that gives people a suggestion whom to support in which match-up. All I said that the GSW wholesome "started from the bottom" story with so many nice guys is not shared by everyone because of given reasons.

Deery

Dreary
Lakers beat the Celtics last night I think the Celtics would have beaten them if the got their shooting sorted out missed so many 3’s in the last quarter.

elmo

Wow i don't think I've ever heard of a collapsed lung from even from American football! How hard was he hit? I sure hope he recovers that's terrible.
Aren't they fully padded up in American football?

I honestly think basketball is one of the most physical sport in the world when you consider that most guards are going into the lane at top speed and there stands a 300 pounds behemoth ready to take a shot at them.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Aren't they fully padded up in American football?

I honestly think basketball is one of the most physical sport in the world when you consider that most guards are going into the lane at top speed and there stands a 300 pounds behemoth ready to take a shot at them.
Hitting hardwood instead of grass is certainly a big difference, it's definitely very physical, though less so than football imo.

Looks like Drew Brees had a collapsed lung in 2020, Rob Gronkowski in 2021, I see another in 2010, so more common in the NFL.

elmo

Hitting hardwood instead of grass is certainly a big difference, it's definitely very physical, though less so than football imo.

Looks like Drew Brees had a collapsed lung in 2020, Rob Gronkowski in 2021, I see another in 2010, so more common in the NFL.
Definitely more common in the NFL considering NBA players play way more games too

Charlie Foley

Such a frustrating first half. A few warriors fans on Reddit rightly annoyed with some bad calls by the refs but it’s not the refs fault we’ve made 34% of our shots. Stop worrying about the record and go win the damn game

Charlie Foley

In terms of shooting our efficiency was terrible.

In terms of getting one of our worst performances of the year out of the way against a team with their best players missing, our efficiency was fantastic.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
And the streak continues. It's apparently the first time in NBA history that a team has had a 15+ game losing streak and a 7+ game winning streak in the same season.

Also :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
In terms of shooting our efficiency was terrible.

In terms of getting one of our worst performances of the year out of the way against a team with their best players missing, our efficiency was fantastic.
I missed most of the second half since I'd had to drive for 8 hours earlier in the day and the game was so uninspiring I fell asleep. Starting to worry a little bit. We're not looking as good these past few games. Steph's shooting has certainly not been up to his usual high standards. Tough road trip coming up. Need to get our act together.

elmo

I don't get the NBA schedule sometimes, they had us playing 3 times in 4 days last week and now we've 2 games in 9 days.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't get the NBA schedule sometimes, they had us playing 3 times in 4 days last week and now we've 2 games in 9 days.
If they stopped the 4 games in 5 days, then they should stop that, too. A back-to-back should have a 2-day break at a minimum, and if that doesn't work, then at least introduce a 2-day break if a back-to-back involves a team travelling to another location.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
And the streak continues. It's apparently the first time in NBA history that a team has had a 15+ game losing streak and a 7+ game winning streak in the same season.

Also :lol:

How the feck did it happen to him again? It just happened a few weeks ago. :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I think it must be TV related. On this next road trip the Dubs have two back to backs with 3 days in between.