NBA 2021-2022

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
No Booker, no Ayton, no Kaminsky

no problem.

Suns defense looks amazing though
It does, people are really starting to notice how well Mikal plays on defense, especially when he has confidence that either Ayton/McGee will help him in the paint if someone gets past him.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Predictably, the Mavs have turned into unwatchable trash under Kidd. I think I will just sit his tenure out and come back once he's gone.

reelworld

It does, people are really starting to notice how well Mikal plays on defense, especially when he has confidence that either Ayton/McGee will help him in the paint if someone gets past him.
I;m loving the fact that national media is starting to wake up on how good Mikal in defense is

elmo

Predictably, the Mavs have turned into unwatchable trash under Kidd. I think I will just sit his tenure out and come back once he's gone.
Going from Carlisle to Kidd is :lol:

Your team needs a coach who's willing to put Doncic into his places and get him to stop coming into the season out of shape. It's only going to get harder for him to play his way into shape as he gets older.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

Your team needs a coach who's willing to put Doncic into his places and get him to stop coming into the season out of shape. It's only going to get harder for him to play his way into shape as he gets older.
short version: We need a Coach who isn't an overall idiot and piece of shit

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

They had that with Carlisle as far as Doncic is concerned. That's why he's no longer the coach. Invariably in today's NBA player power trumps coach power to the Mavs detriment.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Awful 2nd half. Steph's pushing way too hard on the 3s right now. Needs to just play his normal game.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! Dubs really not playing well at the moment. Steph is still struggling with his shooting but a win is a win is a win.

One thing I will say. This Warriors team just does not quit.

Charlie Foley

Another poor performance (4 in a row I think) but a huge, huge, win. I’ll be glad when this record business is done. Great D from GP2 again on their last possession

SinNombre

Another poor performance (4 in a row I think) but a huge, huge, win. I’ll be glad when this record business is done. Great D from GP2 again on their last possession
Warriors are playing at the level that people thought they would preseason (until Klay came back). I am hoping this is an artifact of Steph playing poorly and will change once that is off his back.

R'hllor

There is so much talk around Steph but recently his %s went kinda low, doubt talk around him chasing record had any impact, guess its just a overlap.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The Knicks are not very good, but any win on a back to back when the other team is fresh is a good one.

Congrats to Steph, but glad that record chase is over. It's screwed with the whole teams chemistry. Just hope they can get back to where they were earlier in the season.

Charlie Foley

A truly historic night. The GOAT shooter.

a fine win, great defence made the second half pretty comfortable throughout. The passing for that Lee 3

Randle is a really good player.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
A truly historic night. The GOAT shooter.

a fine win, great defence made the second half pretty comfortable throughout. The passing for that Lee 3

Randle is a really good player.
Damn Charlie, you're a lot more relaxed about this stuff than I am. "Pretty comfortable" eh? I'm never comfortable until the game is over. The last couple of years in close games we always seemed to make a mess of things. Hopefully this year things have changed. Nope! Not a bit comfortable until it's over and we've won.

ZDwyr

I thought the celebration and carry-on was a little over the top right after he made the shot. Not sure why they felt they had to stop the game for five minutes. Has this happened before with other records being broken? Maybe I've just missed it.

R'hllor

I find amount of games as a stat related to amount of 3 pts made kinda odd.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I thought the celebration and carry-on was a little over the top right after he made the shot. Not sure why they felt they had to stop the game for five minutes. Has this happened before with other records being broken? Maybe I've just missed it.
I can't remember exactly since it's 10 years ago but I think they made a big deal when Ray Allen took the record from Reggie Miller. I think Reggie was actually doing the game for TNT and there was a lot of hoopla and congrats from Reggie to Ray when it happened.

Can't remember if they stopped the game for 5 minutes though.

Ladron de redcafe

I can't remember exactly since it's 10 years ago but I think they made a big deal when Ray Allen took the record from Reggie Miller. I think Reggie was actually doing the game for TNT and there was a lot of hoopla and congrats from Reggie to Ray when it happened.

Can't remember if they stopped the game for 5 minutes though.
And they've stopped games when Kobe Bryant and then LeBron James passed Michael Jordan on the all time scoring list. I think it's awkward and slightly over the top to stop games, but it isn't new.

Deery

Dreary
Well done Curry, Ray Allen was probably my favourite player when I got into basketball but Steph is insane some of the 3’s he hits and from the positions on the court he gets them from. Truly deserving of the record..

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
SI are proposing a trade for the Warriors. James Wiseman, Kevin Looney and Moses Moody for Miles Turner. Salaries are comparable. Thoughts anyone?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
You're better off trading for Sabonis. He's a far better player and his contract is similar to Turner.
I agree Sabonis is a better player, but if we were going to give up Looney and Wiseman, we'd need a center and Turner fits that criteria and is also one of the best shot blockers around.

Deery

Dreary
The Celtics v Golden State will be good, I think the Celtics are playing better and will win..

SinNombre

Was the difference in the game as it turned out. Definite foul though.
meh

The game was closer than it should have been because of all the calls at the end. Steph gets wrestled and that's called as an offensive foul, and Draymond getting elbowed a no-call.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Wolves are a much better team than their record suggests.
Agree. They are going bit up and down this season (which is still great progress looking back), mainly because the players that are really effective on the offensive end, don't have the same impact on their defense, so you see they are struggling to find the right balance at times.
But, when it all does come together for them, they do look quite dangerous and capable of beating anyone. Also with 3 wins in a row, they are firmly in a playoff battle.

As for the Lakers, they often just don't have answers for aggressive and high intensity units thrown at them. Tough schedule coming too.

Charlie Foley

meh

The game was closer than it should have been because of all the calls at the end. Steph gets wrestled and that's called as an offensive foul, and Draymond getting elbowed a no-call.
Used to it by this stage sadly. Iggy’s post game interview was something. Good game to win especially as we’re sending the 3rd string to play Raptors next

elmo

Agree. They are going bit up and down this season (which is still great progress looking back), mainly because the players that are really effective on the offensive end, don't have the same impact on their defense, so you see they are struggling to find the right balance at times.
But, when it all does come together for them, they do look quite dangerous and capable of beating anyone. Also with 3 wins in a row, they are firmly in a playoff battle.

As for the Lakers, they often just don't have answers for aggressive and high intensity units thrown at them. Tough schedule coming too.
They had this problem against us in the playoffs last year and they decided to double down and got rid of Caruso and brought in more old players :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
meh

The game was closer than it should have been because the Dubs fell asleep in the third quarter. What happened at the end should have been irrelevant although the Draymond no call was particularly egregious.

Steph needs a break though. He's really struggling at the moment (relatively speaking).

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

This season it has been the opposite. It's the defense that has been driving their current record while inconsistencies on the offensive side have seen them unable to capitalize on the improved defense. For the entirety of this current season the Wolves have had a top 10 defense and a bottom 10 offense.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What do you guys think about Vanderbilt? He has always shown the right attitude since he has been with the Wolves and the Nuggets were also full of praise, he was unpolished on his strength which was defense and rebounding but this season he has put things together and keeps improving, I don't know what his ceiling is but it could be something else. To me he is the kind of player that is invaluable, someone that all teams in the NBA would love to have.