NBA 2022-2023

edcunited1878

Jimmy can't score in a brothel tonight, same as Bam...however, Boston has typically gotten sooo many fouls and non calls in their favor, to the detriment of Miami.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
lowry is washed. butler is exhausted. vincent thinks he has way more athleticism than he actually does. theyre trying to advance to the finals and their offense has on like 4 different occasions had a guy with a linkedin page dribbling around as the shot clock expires

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
lowry is washed. butler is exhausted. vincent thinks he has way more athleticism than he actually does. theyre trying to advance to the finals and their offense has on like 4 different occasions had a guy with a linkedin page dribbling around as the shot clock expires
:lol:

SmallCaine

Would be so funny if butler goes off next game and boston get blown away in game 7 after coming back from being 3-0 down.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well I wonder who was it that said Celtics had no chance
Very few/nobody actually said no chance, most were in agreement it was unlikely with how inconsistent Celtics were and how much it was going to take (them playing well / Heat poorly 3 times in a row).

Fair play to them. They’ll almost surely win it now and are going to be a much bigger challenge for the Nuggets in the Finals.

Sarni

What’s funny is that the actual play they drew up was not even good, why would you have Smart of all players shoot a three there. :lol:

SmallCaine

What’s funny is that the actual play they drew up was not even good, why would you have Smart of all players shoot a three there. :lol:
While I agree a contested 3 is a bad play to draw up, he was the only other Celtics outside of white making 3's this game.

Sarni

While I agree a contested 3 is a bad play to draw up, he was the only other Celtics outside of white making 3's this game.
Yeah but they didn’t even need a 3. White probably saved Mazzulla’s job here, between that and challenging the foul only to get 3 instead of 2 FTs :lol:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Those two open 3's missed by Duncan would be haunting him, but to lose to an offensive rebound with 0.1 seconds left. Miami with a choke job to match Dortmund yesterday.

Strange performance from them, first time I've seen a team by on fire from 3 but absolute sh*t from inside the line. They were banging in threes but nothing else.

SmallCaine

Yeah but they didn’t even need a 3. White probably saved Mazzulla’s job here, between that and challenging the foul only to get 3 instead of 2 FTs :lol:
He really should be fired whether they win or lose, we don't even need to go to the x and o's, mazulla lacks even basic game management, he just watched the game like he was a spectator everytime Miami went on a run.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Ok, I just watched that and need like half an hour to digest everything I saw. Thought it will be a crazy game, but that was beyond every expectation. This series is already in NBA history.

:lol: yeah. It was pretty much a contested fadeaway 3-pointer that almost went in. Was actually in disbelief when he went to shoot it. Fantastic effort from White though who made the inbound pass in the first place.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Just finished watching, wow...

Hats off to the Celtics, if they manage to get the job done at home in Boston. I was never their biggest fan, but they did show a lot of that grit and guile that earned them a lot of fans a few decades ago. Plus, Tatum and Brown are a very likable duo.

I will feel sorry for Jimmy and Spoelstra, though. What a player Butler has become late in his career. And Spoelstra is head and shoulders above his colleagues tactically. But this is basketball, the more talented team will always have its chance to turn things around.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Butler was really cocky when it was smooth sailing. “I can’t believe they thought that was the answer” x 5. Delighted.

Zen

Holy Jesus. GOATed game. 3 seconds on the clock and both teams had it won in the clutch? Only in Basketball! :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I have no words really. Just madness. Not sure how the heat can recover from here

Now watch them win game 7 in a blowout :lol:

Sarni

Who will be favorites in the finals? I’d say Nuggets but Celtics have home court (though they haven’t been great there, Nuggets have won all at home).

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
For the Cs to comeback from this only to lose in the finals doesn't feel like the tone of the script we're watching. They have tons of experience and won't be daunted. I'd put some money on them if I was a bettor.

Sarni

For the Cs to comeback from this only to lose in the finals doesn't feel like the tone of the script we're watching. They have tons of experience and won't be daunted. I'd put some money on them if I was a bettor.
Nuggets are better than Sixers and Heat though. Way more consistent and their homecourt advantage is significant with elevation and all.

SmallCaine

Experience at losing isn't really experience of anything, Nuggets are on a whole another level.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Nuggets are better than Sixers and Heat though. Way more consistent and their homecourt advantage is significant with elevation and all.
Maybe the C's will finally make home court count.
Experience at losing isn't really experience of anything, Nuggets are on a whole another level.
Really? I think you'd admit on reflection that is quite the reach. Five ECF for the Cs in the last 7 seasons.

Last edited:

ExoduS

I watched almost entire game 6. While drama was very high, quality of basketball was sorta poor. Heat had no business winning the game and somehow they almost won it.

I wouldn't count Boston out of winning it against Nuggets, they will have a lot of miles on them prior to finals. Will that extra training add to sharpness or to a fatigue ? Who knows. Boston is a young team (except Horford) so fatigue really shouldn't be a problem.

Anyhow, I'm not 100% convinced that Nuggs are heavy favorites. More like mild favorites.

Lakes vs Nuggets series was definitely much better basketball that Heat vs Celtics, however in basketball matchups are extremely important and it does seem that Celtics can match up well against Nuggets.

SmallCaine

Maybe the C's will finally make home court count.

Really? I think you'd admit on reflection that is quite the reach. Five ECF for the Cs in the last 7 seasons.
Is it? Celtics haven't learnt or improved on their weaknesses, their stars tend to be very inconsistent and they play lazy d for stretches of the game, that was their issue when they lost to heat 3 years ago, that was their issue against gsw last year, its still their issue today. When people talk about lebron or curry and their experience, they talk about playing perfect basketball in the clutch to win, playing through adversity and winning. Celtics have not won anything, last year was the 1st time they managed to get out of east and warriors dispatched them pretty easily, nuggets will do the same this year because over the course of 7 games, murray and jokic can play at great level consistently, same cannot be said of tatum and wannabe kyrie.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Is it? Celtics haven't learnt or improved on their weaknesses, their stars tend to be very inconsistent and they play lazy d for stretches of the game, that was their issue when they lost to heat 3 years ago, that was their issue against gsw last year, its still their issue today. When people talk about lebron or curry and their experience, they talk about playing perfect basketball in the clutch to win, playing through adversity and winning. Celtics have not won anything, last year was the 1st time they managed to get out of east and warriors dispatched them pretty easily, nuggets will do the same this year because over the course of 7 games, murray and jokic can play at great level consistently, same cannot be said of tatum and wannabe kyrie.
What's a knowledgeable basketball fan like you doing on the Café? I concede to your superior point. Only injuy can deny the Nuggets.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I watched almost entire game 6. While drama was very high, quality of basketball was sorta poor. Heat had no business winning the game and somehow they almost won it.

I wouldn't count Boston out of winning it against Nuggets, they will have a lot of miles on them prior to finals. Will that extra training add to sharpness or to a fatigue ? Who knows. Boston is a young team (except Horford) so fatigue really shouldn't be a problem.

Anyhow, I'm not 100% convinced that Nuggs are heavy favorites. More like mild favorites.

Lakes vs Nuggets series was definitely much better basketball that Heat vs Celtics, however in basketball matchups are extremely important and it does seem that Celtics can match up well against Nuggets.
This series going to 7 is perfect for the Nuggets. Opponents running on fumes and playing at high altitude in Denver is going to wreck them.