NBA 2022-2023

ExoduS

This was a chance to make big money. Those who had the balls to bet on history. Not making history, but maintaining it.

R'hllor

Jokic, KCP, Murray, Gordon, MPJ and Brucy are about to sweep this team. No game will be under 10 point difference.
Not if they dont bring same level of hussle as Miami and they bring it every night regardless how bad they play.

Charlie Foley

Celtics choking just as predicted. That team can't play when heavy favorites.
Not predicted by you anyway that’s for sure
Lot's of teams came back from 3-1 :D There is hope for Celtics. I think Miami will choke. They are not a better team and first two games were strange. Let's see what happens. Want Miami to win but I smell choke.
Boston coming back. I am telling ya. I didn't put money on it but I should have.

R'hllor

Why they keep yapping and tagging those players as undrafted like they its a disease, them being undrafted is feck up on those who rated them as such, they clearly have certain qualities.

AFC NimbleThumb

Haslem making Kobe’s farewell tour look like a night at Zippo’s Circus trying to go out with a ring & 0 minutes played.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Heat having to play 2 games in Denver now against a well rested team is brutal. Hard to see them not being down 2-0

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Denver should take the first two but I don't see it being a sweep. 4-1 nuggets is my prediction

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The way Tatum twisted his ankle, that's exactly what happened to me at futsal (not the same way) but it was a lot less severe for me thankfully. I could finish the game based on the adrenaline but since yesterday.... I can barely walk, these injuries truly suck and to have it early in Game 7, I kinda feel for him

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Typical, Celtics terrible in game 7.
Actually it was anything but typical. They had been excellent in game 7s prior to this, 6-1 in the last 7 (the loss being against LeBron’s Cavs when Tatum and Brown were still very young) and crushed Philadelphia and Milwaukee in Boston in the last 12 months.

Glad to see Miami win, had my alarm clock set for the beginning of 4th quarter but woke up in the middle of it to see Heat lead by 17 and just went back to sleep. I will try to watch extended highlights today instead, nonetheless very surprised to see this outcome as I was sure Boston would take care of business at home after all the effort they had to put in to even put themselves in position to play that game.

It just illustrates how tough it is to win 4 in a row under pressure of elimination in each of them. Even though Bucks beat Suns 4 in a row in 2020 Finals and Raptors beat Bucks 4 in a row in 2019 ECF, showing it is possible even against the best of teams, it was to go from 0-2 to 4-2. Something will nearly always happen to prevent you: injuries, an off game, the other teams player suddenly exploding… this was as close as we got to a 3-0 comeback, at least prior to the game.

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When asked if the Celtics are too reliant on the 3pt and if it should change, the Boston just went "no" :houllier: Nothing else was added
Your typical baiting ass question from the media, no need to expound and give the critics more ammo to light your ass up with.

But yes, they are too reliant on the 3 pt

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
18-90 from three. Those are the stats for Tatum and Brown from three this series.

They're shooting 20 % but averaging about 6 threes each a game. It's a clear problem and probably extends from Brown believing he is the alpha and not willing to concede anything to Tatum.

massi83

Virtually and objectivelly...

Smart-arse
If you are totally clueless about something, normal people would either read about it or ask questions. Not triple down on their stupidity.

It obviously is not impossible. These are concepts average 10 year old should understand.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well. I am always right people.

Way i see it, only way a team can come back and win from 3-0 down is injury luck. Something that would radically change the balance of strenght between the teams. Otherwise, in 4 attempts, you will be unlucky once and that's all it takes. And that's ignoring the mental burnout from even coming back in the first place

0/151

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think this is quite an historic achievement by the Heat as I don't see any play-in team get to the Finals in the next decade or so. They've had things go in their favor such as the best player on the #1 seed injured in the first game, then facing a very beatable Knicks team in the semis. Not to take anything away from them because they deserve it and have been phenomenal, but this won't be repeated anytime soon I'd guess.

Sarni

We like Sarni for that, he wouldn't be the same otherwise.
To be fair prior to last night's game I genuinely found it hard to believe Heat had it in them to take it after the blow they were served on Saturday (+ Celtics having the momentum and being at home), however wanting Heat to win or at least give them a game I was aiming to perform some voodoo with that particular post as I know the minute I post anything here it goes the opposite way.

Have to admit I did very well here with this particular one. It may have even been me to cause Tatum to roll his ankle, if you think about it.

Sarni

Indeed. Just one more example on a list of literally hundreds of wrong predictions. The question remains why do you keep doing it?
Millions even. I do it because I love it.

Sarni

I think this is quite an historic achievement by the Heat as I don't see any play-in team get to the Finals in the next decade or so. They've had things go in their favor such as the best player on the #1 seed injured in the first game, then facing a very beatable Knicks team in the semis. Not to take anything away from them because they deserve it and have been phenomenal, but this won't be repeated anytime soon I'd guess.
What could also happen is that more teams will slack during regular season and we will see a few more make it from the lower seeds. We saw Lakers go to WCF and Heat making it even further despite play-in. I'm not saying anyone is going to finish 9th or 10th on purpose but there is less risk in being in the 7-8 as dropping down to 9-10 does not automatically eliminate you anymore.

Also, homecourt advantage seems almost non-existent for half those teams. Aside from your odd Nuggets who play at elevation of 10 thousand feet or something, some teams don't even have a positive record at home in the playoffs (think Celtics actually went under .500 in this run with last night's loss).

Sarni

Speaking of that, I say Nuggets comfortably in the Finals. Let's see if I can be wrong even about that. :lol:

I don't really have a huge preference between the two. Like both of them, don't really totally love either. Just two likeable sides with their own, very different, merits. I don't think the audience stats are going to be very good for the NBA though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What could also happen is that more teams will slack during regular season and we will see a few more make it from the lower seeds. We saw Lakers go to WCF and Heat making it even further despite play-in. I'm not saying anyone is going to finish 9th or 10th on purpose but there is less risk in being in the 7-8 as dropping down to 9-10 does not automatically eliminate you anymore.

Also, homecourt advantage seems almost non-existent for half those teams. Aside from your odd Nuggets who play at elevation of 10 thousand feet or something, some teams don't even have a positive record at home in the playoffs (think Celtics actually went under .500 in this run with last night's loss).
Hmm, dunno about that. Miami has an ultimate playoff game-raiser with Jimmy, and a top-3 head coach with tons of experience. Those count for something as well in this story. They're the first 8-seed ever to go to the Finals in a full season, so doubt we'll see it anytime soon again. Also the Lakers pretty much kept pace with the entire West bar the Nuggets after our dramatic start, while we had to deal with injuries to AD and James. Again not just your regular 7-seed if you ask me.

Re: home court, indeed seems to matter less these days, but I think you'd still like to avoid a #1 seed or #2 seed and get automatic entrance into the playoffs if you can achieve that.

Agreed with your other post that I'd have the Nuggets quite comfortably in the Finals, I think they're simply a better all-around (and more rested) team at the moment. Hoping that the Heat can make it an interesting one though.

Sarni

Hmm, dunno about that. Miami has an ultimate playoff game-raiser with Jimmy, and a top-3 head coach with tons of experience. Those count for something as well in this story. They're the first 8-seed ever to go to the Finals in a full season, so doubt we'll see it anytime soon again.

Also the Lakers pretty much kept pace with the entire West bar the Nuggets after our dramatic start, while we had to deal with injuries to AD and James. Again not just your regular 7-seed if you ask me.

Agreed with your other post that I'd have the Nuggets quite comfortably in the Finals, I think they're simply a better all-around (and more rested) team at the moment. Hoping that the Heat can make it an interesting one though.
Yeah, normally you would not expect a good team to finish 7-10. I think there'll be more situations where good teams end up in there due to different circumstances (injuries etc.), which previously would have knocked them out completely, or they will feel less urgency to bring their top players back from said injuries, knowing they can still make it.

I'm not saying it will become the norm, just that there are mitigating factors here that may cause another 1-2 similar situations to appear. Eg I could see Clippers going down similar path in the next 2 years. Interestingly, I'd have maybe expected it to happen in the West a little more than the East, as there are so many good teams in the West that you can end up in 7-8 spots even while being quite good. In the East if you perform during regular season you will be a top 4 seed.

Heat are weird because they are quite clearly not 7th or 8th best team in the West and nobody would have had them there even when regular season finished. Nets finished ahead of them but their record was largely earned by players that were not there anymore then the playoffs started, Cavs and Knicks both overperformed. They'd have been rated comfortably behind Bucks, Celtics and Sixers though, like very very comfortably.