NBA 2022-2023

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well there you have it folks. @Sarni has spoken, the Miami Heat are your 2023 NBA Champions

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Speaking of that, I say Nuggets comfortably in the Finals. Let's see if I can be wrong even about that. :lol:

I don't really have a huge preference between the two. Like both of them, don't really totally love either. Just two likeable sides with their own, very different, merits. I don't think the audience stats are going to be very good for the NBA though.
My main wish was fulfilled by the Nuggets (preventing the Lakers from winning it), I really don't have a soft spot for either. May the most deserving team win.
I just hope to have a long final, 7 is the dream with tight games in each one of them :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Jimmy already a HOF'er or does he need his ring first?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Well there you have it folks. @Sarni has spoken, the Miami Heat are your 2023 NBA Champions
There's no way Nuggets won't win a single game. It just won't happen, there's 0% chance of a Miami sweep.

You know what you have to do with this...

ExoduS

Nuggets should destroy the Heat. Maybe Heat has some magical defense that I am unable to recognize, but to me they seem very average. Jokic and the crew should be able to carve them like pumpkin.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nuggets should destroy the Heat. Maybe Heat has some magical defense that I am unable to recognize, but to me they seem very average. Jokic and the crew should be able to carve them like pumpkin.
Man if both of us have said that, it's done for the Nuggets. Kiss of death right here.

ExoduS

Man if both of us have said that, it's done for the Nuggets. Kiss of death right here.
Nah. This one is too easy to call. It is obvious that Nuggets will easily handle them. I predict this to go to max 5 games - if Denver decides to celebrate back home.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I agree with Perk, Celtic in 6 vs Denver, also agree with him regarding Tatum, he is way better & more great than Jokic, he was cooking so much, had to turn off rest of his take.
Ah, so Perk went full homer again. Comical. Still defies explanation how he was retained on ESPN when early evidence showed he's a garbage analyst and full of himself. Stephen A. probably did him some favors behind the scenes.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Perhaps it will be so. But, if the Heat find a way to nick a win at Denver in the opening two games of the series, they may find a way to drag the series all the way to six or seven games. As for that Knicks team, they stood no chance against Duncan/Robinson without Ewing. It was a surprise they weren't swept by Spurs. It was a miracle they got past the Pacers without Ewing for most of the series.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I’ve been following the post season and it’s been brilliant, hope the final series is a good. Admittedly I’m not the most knowledgeable about net ball ;) but if Lebron & Anthony Davis couldn’t cope with Jokic, how the hell are the Heat going to handle him? Could well be a white wash by the Nuggets.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’ve been following the post season and it’s been brilliant, hope the final series is a good. Admittedly I’m not the most knowledgeable about net ball ;) but if Lebron & Anthony Davis couldn’t cope with Jokic, how the hell are the Heat going to handle him? Could well be a white wash by the Nuggets.
You are in the right place then. We are all clueless. :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bam is better suited to both guard him 1on1 and especially in the p&r with Murray. Heat play a nasty zone when they need to(which yeah, against Jokic it would boil down to giving him different looks in the hopes of confusing him), and unless Duncan Robinson is on the floor they have no weak defender. Jokic is Jokic, so he will get his anyways, but Miami with Spo scheming is probably the best you can do at finding ways to limit Jokic this side of having Joel Embiid. And the Heat have been shooting lights out from 3 pretty much all playoffs, and the Nuggets don't really have the inside presence to keep Butler from scoring at will, and Spo is going to coach rings around Malone

Unless Aaron Gordon plays the series of his life defensively, going through every pick and staying attached to Jimmy like a shadow, the Nuggets will need to get creative

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I saw Nurse to 76ers, it could be interesting.

Rams

Bam is better suited to both guard him 1on1 and especially in the p&r with Murray. Heat play a nasty zone when they need to(which yeah, against Jokic it would boil down to giving him different looks in the hopes of confusing him), and unless Duncan Robinson is on the floor they have no weak defender. Jokic is Jokic, so he will get his anyways, but Miami with Spo scheming is probably the best you can do at finding ways to limit Jokic this side of having Joel Embiid. And the Heat have been shooting lights out from 3 pretty much all playoffs, and the Nuggets don't really have the inside presence to keep Butler from scoring at will, and Spo is going to coach rings around Malone

Unless Aaron Gordon plays the series of his life defensively, going through every pick and staying attached to Jimmy like a shadow, the Nuggets will need to get creative
Your obviously a lot more knowledgeable then I am! Just seems to me that a guy (Jokic) that size yet that skillful has been unplayable the past month, and his teammates are hardly mugs as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Your obviously a lot more knowledgeable then I am! Just seems to me that a guy (Jokic) that size yet that skillful has been unplayable the past month, and his teammates are hardly mugs as well.
Jokic is pretty much unplayable if his shot is falling. But there ways to make things harder for him, and most importantly his scoring is not something to worry too much about. It's his passing that's the real killer for defences. Jokic averaging 40 ppg with 4 assists is something the Heat would take in a hearbeat, and something they might be capable of forcing. And they have the defenders to slow Murray down as well

Ultimately it's not a stoppable offence, but if you can get them from 120+ in offensive rating to, say, 115, they become beatable. This series will be as much about what the Nuggets do to limit Butler and the Heat's 3P% as Jokic/Murray imo. Spoelstra will make sure of that. Add to that Lowry and Spo are champions and Jimmy and Bam played in the finals before. Only nugget with that experience is old man Jeff Green

Heat should also get Herro back at some point

R'hllor

Playoffs are different and they never met in it but i am yet to see Bam guard Jokic at any decent level in regular season. Think Miami best chance is Spo, without repeating myself x1000, Malone are yet to be testing in situation where he needs to adapt on the fly and in those situations he is lost, better chance to give Jokic whiteboard and sit.

R'hllor

Jokic is pretty much unplayable if his shot is falling. But there ways to make things harder for him, and most importantly his scoring is not something to worry too much about. It's his passing that's the real killer for defences. Jokic averaging 40 ppg with 4 assists is something the Heat would take in a hearbeat, and something they might be capable of forcing. And they have the defenders to slow Murray down as well

Ultimately it's not a stoppable offence, but if you can get them from 120+ in offensive rating to, say, 115, they become beatable. This series will be as much about what the Nuggets do to limit Butler and the Heat's 3P% as Jokic/Murray imo. Spoelstra will make sure of that. Add to that Lowry and Spo are champions and Jimmy and Bam played in the finals before. Only nugget with that experience is old man Jeff Green

Ah good old forever minus box score Jeff but think KCP has big role among them, regarding exp.

Rams

What I meant is that Jokic has so many different aspects to his game, not just scoring wise. It like facing Shaq O’Neil and John Stockton in one.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Nuggets are -9 evens in game one. Do you think this line is too strong then?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nuggets are -9 evens in game one. Do you think this line is too strong then?
No, game 1 will be a blow out :D

Heat will steal game 2, blow out win game 3, tight win game 4, blow out loss game 5, JIMMY VULT it game 6 :)

Slevs

likes to play with penises

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

Bam's too small for Jokic I think - honestly think Jokic is going to have an all-time series against him and the heat. Averaging 30+ points, a triple double. In terms of 'the best you can do at finding ways to limit Jokic', I think that's crazy talk when the Heat have Bam and... no-one, while the Celtics would have had Horford and Rob Williams, often at the same time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bam's too small for Jokic I think - honestly think Jokic is going to have an all-time series against him and the heat. Averaging 30+ points, a triple double. In terms of 'the best you can do at finding ways to limit Jokic', I think that's crazy talk when the Heat have Bam and... no-one, while the Celtics would have had Horford and Rob Williams, often at the same time.
Bam is strong enough that Jokic would have a harder time just going through him compared to AD. Yes he's too small, but he's explosive and can make his shot a bit harder. More importantly, he can switch the Murray/Jokic p&r, and he's quick enough to recover on Jokic if they try to take advantage of the switch that way

And even more importantly, their coach is Spoelstra. Yeah the Celtics probably would have been the best team possible at finding ways to limit Jokic, the same way they managed to limit Embiid late in the series, thanks to their 2 bigs, but I trust Spo to find solutions

The key for the Heat would be to turn Jokic into a pure scorer - if he's scoring 40 or even 50 but isn't involving his teammates, the Nuggets are beatable. If he goes for 25/30 points and 10+ assists, you are dead

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Think that Heat are defensively well equipped. No one can stop Jokić, but also no one can stop Butler imo. Gordon can do a solid job, but Jimmy will still have great finals. The Nuggets in 6 for me. Murray will be the key again, if he has close to 30pts per game the Nuggets win.

The longer the series, chances for the Heat will grow. You don't want them breathing at your neck.