NBA 2022-2023

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Agree with almost all of this.

My preference for Wemby

1. OKC, obviously
2. Charlotte
3. Indiana
4. Portland

Then anyone but the Rockets or Pistons.
Please have Portland second. Do this for Dame. There will be more drafts for Hali and Ball.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Is Embiid going to win the MVP then? He clearly is holding a grudge because of it and Jokic said more times that he does not care anymore.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's getting interesting down the stretch but it's very possible that teams might be gifted games due to the opposition having nothing to play for. The Suns have already sown up the 4th seed and they have to play both the Lakers and the Clippers. The Bucks already have the one seed in the East and they have the Grizzlies. The Kings could still catch the Grizz, but if the Grizz beat a likely depleted Bucks team then the Kings will be locked into the 3rd seed and have nothing to play for versus the Dubs. Then you have the Blazers, versus the Dubs in the last game of the season and who the hell knows what they're going to do.

Definitely interesting!

Sarni

It's getting interesting down the stretch but it's very possible that teams might be gifted games due to the opposition having nothing to play for. The Suns have already sown up the 4th seed and they have to play both the Lakers and the Clippers. The Bucks already have the one seed in the East and they have the Grizzlies. The Kings could still catch the Grizz, but if the Grizz beat a likely depleted Bucks team then the Kings will be locked into the 3rd seed and have nothing to play for versus the Dubs. Then you have the Blazers, versus the Dubs in the last game of the season and who the hell knows what they're going to do.

Definitely interesting!
As for Portland, you know what they will do on the final day of season - do their best to lose that game.

Aside from the West play-in/final playoff spots race the rest has nothing to play for. East seedings are basically done, Miami have a tiny change to catch Brooklyn but it’s almost non-existent so we will have Brooklyn v Philadelphia, Cavs v Knicks, and then play-in of Heat v Hawks and Bulls v Raptors

Going West top 4 seeds have been decided but it’s super interesting below that. Lakers should win both their games but so will Clippers and Warriors. Pelicans v Wolves on Sunday could be decisive on who gets to play Lakers in 7 v 8. Thunder should see out their final two games to play the 9 seed, Mavs with an outside chance but unlikely and possibly best for them to not make it.

Sarni

Thunder have basically secured 10th spot with a comfortable win over Jazz last night. Mavs will need to win both games and count on OKC losing to second string Grizzlies team at home which is not very probable.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Season is almost over so it's time to think about All NBA. Who you got?

3rd team

Mitchell
Fox
James
Markkanen
Sabonis

2nd team

Lillard
Doncic
Brown
Butler
Jokic

1st team

Curry
SGA
Tatum
Antetokounmpo
Embiid

It was close between Jokic and Embiid but I went with the latter. I was also torn for the second guard position after SGA with Luka, Steph and Dame Lillard in contention. Finally went with Steph because I think he's been slightly better than Dame playing a similar number of games and although Luka has had his usual great season, forgiving his really poor defense and sometimes lack of effort on that end of the floor is much more forgivable when the Mavs are winning. In this latter part of the season they weren't so Luka dropped to 2nd team.

To qualify, as far as I was concerned, a player had to have played at least 50 games.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win but the Kings gifted us the game.

A win is a win though and I'll definitely take it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Season is almost over so it's time to think about All NBA. Who you got?

3rd team

Mitchell
Fox
James
Markkanen
Sabonis

2nd team

Lillard
Doncic
Brown
Butler
Jokic

1st team

Curry
SGA
Tatum
Antetokounmpo
Embiid

It was close between Jokic and Embiid but I went with the latter. I was also torn for the second guard position after SGA with Luka, Steph and Dame Lillard in contention. Finally went with Steph because I think he's been slightly better than Dame playing a similar number of games and although Luka has had his usual great season, forgiving his really poor defense and sometimes lack of effort on that end of the floor is much more forgivable when the Mavs are winning. In this latter part of the season they weren't so Luka dropped to 2nd team.

To qualify, as far as I was concerned, a player had to have played at least 50 games.
LeBron shouldn’t be in it and surely Harden has to be on it? He’s leading the league in assists.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
LeBron shouldn’t be in it and surely Harden has to be on it? He’s leading the league in assists.
LeBron is averaging 29/8/7 on 50% shooting. He's still one of the best players in the league so he just squeezed in. As to Harden, the guard position for me is really deep this year having some really strong contenders and IMLTHO Steph, SGA, Luka, Dame, Fox and Mitchell are more important to their respective teams than Harden is to the Sixers. Therefore for me those six get the nod. Harden would definitely get an honorable mention though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How close would you have Edwards in those teams? Unlike most of the guards mentioned, he has turned into an actual two way player while also scoring at a high rate and efficiently.

elmo

Mine. I can’t split Dame/Steph this, and I’ll probably flip flop around both every time I think about it. Both deserves to be first team but definitely not over SGA.

55 games requirement for me. Special mentions Tyrese for being a fantasy stud, Ja for being a fecking idiot and getting suspended and Tyus Jones for winning me my fantasy championship when I picked him up in my finals to match up against the guy who had ja suspended.

First team
Dame/Steph
SGA
Tatum
Giannis
Jokic

Second team
Dame/Steph
Luka
Lauri
Sabonis
Embiid

Third team
Harden
Mitchell
LeBron
Randle
AD

Last edited:

elmo

LeBron is averaging 29/8/7 on 50% shooting. He's still one of the best players in the league so he just squeezed in. As to Harden, the guard position for me is really deep this year having some really strong contenders and IMLTHO Steph, SGA, Luka, Dame, Fox and Mitchell are more important to their respective teams than Harden is to the Sixers. Therefore for me those six get the nod. Harden would definitely get an honorable mention though.
You’re right. I wrote LeBron off initially because he failed to meet my 55 game criteria which is 67% of a season, but the Lakers have one more game and he’ll reach that mark, so he’s in for me too.

elmo

How close would you have Edwards in those teams? Unlike most of the guards mentioned, he has turned into an actual two way player while also scoring at a high rate and efficiently.
Below Tyrese, Ja and Fox.

He still has another gear to step up, and I think he’ll do it next season when KAT is healthy and Edwards takes over the reign as the main guy on the Timberwolves.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Below Tyrese, Ja and Fox.

He still has another gear to step up, and I think he’ll do it next season when KAT is healthy and Edwards takes over the reign as the main guy on the Timberwolves.
Also below Jamal Murray and possibly Trae Young although not a huge fan of the latter. As @elmo says. Give him another year.

JPRouve

Scout
Also below Jamal Murray and possibly Trae Young although not a huge fan of the latter. As @elmo says. Give him another year.
So to you defense is not a factor at all? And in the case of Murray, you have a worse scorer.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So to you defense is not a factor at all? And in the case of Murray, you have a worse scorer.
I don't think Murray is a terrible defender. I think he does what the Nuggets need him to do which is complement Nikola Jokic. I do think Edwards has a much greater upside though.

As to Trae. As I said, not a huge fan and if I had to chose would probably go with Edwards.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think Murray is a terrible defender. I think he does what the Nuggets need him to do which is complement Nikola Jokic. I do think Edwards has a much greater upside though.
But Murray is a worse defender, worse scorer and worse rebounder. What exactly makes Murray better?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
But Murray is a worse defender, worse scorer and worse rebounder. What exactly makes Murray better?
One's a PG and one's a SG so it's not a direct comparison. Murray has more assists and is a better 3 point shooter. than Edwards. Also Murray is a complementary player for the Nuggets which is what they need. Edwards will eventually (if he's not already) be the main man for the Wolves but right now if I was choosing one of the two for all NBA I think Murray is better in his role than Edwards is in his.

JPRouve

Scout
One's a PG and one's a SG so it's not a direct comparison. Murray has more assists and is a better 3 point shooter. than Edwards. Also Murray is a complementary player for the Nuggets which is what they need. Edwards will eventually (if he's not already) be the main man for the Wolves but right now if I was choosing one of the two for all NBA I think Murray is better in his role than Edwards is in his.
There are more point guards in your teams than SG, so you would choose a PG that is a worse defender and scorer than Edwards but also a worse point guard than the ones you already picked. I get pretty much all the players that you put in your all nba teams and the ones added by Elmo but Jamal Murray makes no sense to me unless you decide to ignore scoring, rebounding and defense. But also better FG% on a higher usage.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
There are more point guards in your teams than SG, so you would choose a PG that is a worse defender and scorer than Edwards but also a worse point guard than the ones you already picked. I get pretty much all the players that you put in your all nba teams and the ones added by Elmo but Jamal Murray makes no sense to me unless you decide to ignore scoring, rebounding and defense. But also better FG% on a higher usage.
I would in this case because Jamal Murray deliberately plays second fiddle to Jokic which is what the Nuggets want and need. As to better FG% we are really splitting hairs here. One shoots 45.9%, the other 45.3%. It's all a matter of preference and what is important to you and I think fit matters and on that basis he would get my vote of the two.

elmo

It’s hard to compare players defense when their teams are playing vastly different defensive scheme.

Edwards defense looks better because he has Gobert in the paint and he can afford to be more aggressive.

Nuggets defensive scheme is basically let everyone drive while they try to beat them by out scoring them. If you don’t foul and don’t let them score a 3, that’s an outcome that Malone would accept because they’re probably going to score at the other end with Jokic running the show.

And Edwards takes on a much higher scoring load because the rest of the Timberwolves are hopeless at scoring other than him and KAT. Denver has a much more balanced attack because anyone of their starters can go for 20 points if they ever want to focus on a specific player. It just depends on the matchup that night.

For most contending teams, Murray is the better player because you know what he’s going to give you each night and he doesn’t need to be main ball handler, but if you’re a rebuilding team, most GMs will probably pick Edwards because the upside is there, even though the consistency and focus just isn’t fully there yet.

JPRouve

Scout
It’s hard to compare players defense when their teams are playing vastly different defensive scheme.

Edwards defense looks better because he has Gobert in the paint and he can afford to be more aggressive.

Nuggets defensive scheme is basically let everyone drive while they try to beat them by out scoring them.

And Edwards takes on a much higher scoring load because the rest of the Timberwolves are hopeless at scoring other than him and KAT. Denver has a much more balanced attack because anyone of their starters can go for 20 points if they ever want to focus on a specific player. It just depends on the matchup that night.

For most contending teams, Murray is the better player because you know what he’s going to give you each night but if you’re a rebuilding team, most GMs will probably pick Edwards because the upside is there, but the consistency and focus just isn’t fully there yet.
Edwards was a good defender without Gobert, last season, he doesn't look good due to Gobert he looked in a totally different defensive setup based on switching everything without an anchor. And the question was about All NBA teams, otherwise KD would be in it because most contending teams will have him in place of anyone, the same applies to Holiday or Middleton.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Looking like 7 if we win, 8 if we lose tomorrow. Unless the Blazers do us a massive favor and beat the Warriors but not counting on that.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Looking like 7 if we win, 8 if we lose tomorrow. Unless the Blazers do us a massive favor and beat the Warriors but not counting on that.
I think it's even more complicated than that. If the Dubs win and the Clippers lose, and both the Pelicans and Lakers win then the Lakers/Clippers/Pelicans would have identical records and in a 3 way tie the tiebreaker is NOP, Clippers then Lakers so in that scenario you'd be 8th. On the plus side since you'd be playing the Clippers it'd be like a home game anyway.

ExoduS

Denver is going into playoffs as number one seed, but I can't recall a team being more underwhelming than them. Since the Memphis game in late February they have been a total disaster but did beat both Bucks and Embidless 76s at home sorta comfortably (if you forgive that 4th quarter bs where they blew 20 point lead ).

Disgusted by Jokic in March. Embid played like he wanted that MVP and Jokic played like he hates basketball.

Not gonna be surprised if they get bounced in the 1st round.

R'hllor

Cant wait to see Denver flame out in 1st round and they fire that clueless donkey Malone, has no proper qualities of a coach. In game adjustments zero, complete opposite of "if you good enough you are old enough" mantra, so annoying how much rookies have shorter rope vs fecking Jeff Green and similar, for X years bench being deep in a minus, have no idea how to coach players, Thomas Bryant looks decent in Lakers, joins Denver and he drops 800%, when being asked why is that, he deflects the blame and throws TB under the bus.

Jokic also deserves 1st round exit and hope he feels it, since start of the season he is doing this whole i decided to take 3-5 shots this game, even when he has 100% ez floater thats 95% 2pts for him, he attempts some weird ass assist under the basket, he supposed to be a smart one.

elmo

Cant wait to see Denver flame out in 1st round and they fire that clueless donkey Malone, has no proper qualities of a coach. In game adjustments zero, complete opposite of "if you good enough you are old enough" mantra, so annoying how much rookies have shorter rope vs fecking Jeff Green and similar, for X years bench being deep in a minus, have no idea how to coach players, Thomas Bryant looks decent in Lakers, joins Denver and he drops 800%, when being asked why is that, he deflects the blame and throws TB under the bus.

Jokic also deserves 1st round exit and hope he feels it, since start of the season he is doing this whole i decided to take 3-5 shots this game, even when he has 100% ez floater thats 95% 2pts for him, he attempts some weird ass assist under the basket, he supposed to be a smart one.
That’s an awful take considering Jokic averages 15 shots a game.

He needs to incorporate Jamal back into the offense and MPJ and AG both can contribute on offense too. Go watch street ball if all you’re interested in 1 on 1 scoring.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tonight will be interesting with many teams probably having one eye on the 6th seed which is in-between Play-In spot and having to face the Suns. The Warriors don't have a tiebreaker against anyone and the only way of ending 6th seed would be in a 3-way tie with Clips and Pelicans, so pretty much impossible scenario (Pels win/all of Warriors,Clippers,Lakers lose). Don't think they will calculate at all. The Clippers with PG still out though? Have a feeling they might take a peak at how the Pelicans are playing with them having a tiebreaker against the Lakers. In a possible Clippers/Lakers/Pelicans 3-way tie, the 6th seed goes to the Pelicans, so by calculating they might drop into Play-in.

To make things better, the Wolves win over the Pelicans would bring them the 8th seed and in the case of unlikely Lakers loss it would even move them to 7th.

Madness. Clippers calculating and getting 6th seed only to be eliminated by the Kings would be the most Clippers thing ever though.

elmo

Clippers won’t lose to the Suns. We’ve CP3, Booker, KD, Ayton, Payne and Bismack out. Apart from Okogie and Craig, that’s basically our entire playoffs rotation.

Akshay

Staff
The Warriors don't have a tiebreaker against anyone and the only way of ending 6th seed would be in a 3-way tie with Clips and Pelicans, so pretty much impossible scenario (Pels win/all of Warriors,Clippers,Lakers lose).
If both Clippers and Dubs win, the Dubs will finish 6th regardless of other results. If the Dubs lose, they need both the Pels and the Lakers to lose too, which is unlikely. Clippers can't afford to calculate for similar reasons, too much risk of dropping into the play-in. I wouldn't want to face AD and LeBron in a single elimination match if I were either of those teams.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
None of these fancy things will happen. Everyone will win their game and the order will remain the same as it is right now