NBA 2022-2023

R'hllor

That’s an awful take considering Jokic averages 15 shots a game.

He needs to incorporate Jamal back into the offense and MPJ and AG both can contribute on offense too. Go watch street ball if all you’re interested in 1 on 1 scoring.
Its not even a take its reality, his first and last 15-20 games he went full low attempts route, first 15-20 games to force getting Jamal/MPJ back in a groove and last 15-20 because he lost interest ever since racism and stat padding shit went viral. Here is a problem, maybe he can turn the switch on/off for playoff but rest of that team cant and they go as he goes, he comes out not interested in game, they follow being all over the place, which leads them into bad habbits, being called soft by their own HC etc.

I never was supporter of selfish basketball of any type but there is a difference between sharing a ball style and what he was doing last night, away game vs 76ers and other games. You can check other writers who follow Denver

Bobski

Perkins decided the MVP race.

Thankful the regular season is nearly over then we can watch some real competitive basketball.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If both Clippers and Dubs win, the Dubs will finish 6th regardless of other results. If the Dubs lose, they need both the Pels and the Lakers to lose too, which is unlikely. Clippers can't afford to calculate for similar reasons, too much risk of dropping into the play-in. I wouldn't want to face AD and LeBron in a single elimination match if I were either of those teams.
Aye, the most likely scenario and the one that puts the Warriors firmly at 6 seed. My only small doubt are the Clippers, but on the other hand as you said there is too much risk attached to it.

SinNombre

No one in that 5-9 group in the West is throwing a game.

As Sarni said a few days back, the likeliest outcome was and is all 3 of Clips, Warriors and Lakers winning their last 2 games.

The only game worth watching today is the Pels-Wolves. I like the Pels would really love a Grizz-Wolves rematch which would require them to beat the Pels today and then Lakers in the play-in.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Pretty ridiculous to watch teams drop key players for a big game just to get a better draft pick, or keep their pick. No sport should reward failure, unless they actually want to incentivise it. Laughable scenes this week.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s been nice, he’s a decent bloke by all accounts, but I’m looking forward to have a better coach next season. Nick Nurse maybe?

SinNombre

Some generational tanking going on here - Warriors with 55 points in the 1st quarter against the G-league blazers, and Mavs are down 28 points after one quarter against the Spurs.

R'hllor

Maybe this is all TC but with new owners have a feeling RG trade looked like scene from Draft movie, where owner was looking for splash. Still, the amount of shit was given for Gobert is mental.

SinNombre

Clippers scrape their way to the playoffs.

Unless they somehow PG fully fit for the playoffs, Suns are going to crush them.

Kings-Warriors for a NorCal derby.

SinNombre

Hopefully the Wolves win at the lakers and we get the Grizz-Wolves rematch.

ExoduS

I'm not sure if this is just me but this season felt as one of the worst regular pre seasons ever.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Dubs vs Kings. Should be entertaining.

If Clips can get PG back that should be a good one as well.

As far as the East is concerned I think all of the top 4 seeds win. Probably more chaos in the West.

Bobski

I'm not sure if this is just me but this season felt as one of the worst regular pre seasons ever.
I agree, it has been total pony. No defense, stars constantly sitting out big match ups, low intensity, a vacuous accumulation of self masturbatory stats with few likable teams.

Now the real stuff starts, hopefully they remember how to play it.

ZDwyr

Clippers and Suns will be fun. Russ v KD. If PG can get healthy it's a toss-up imo.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Clippers and Suns will be fun. Russ v KD. If PG can get healthy it's a toss-up imo.
I'm just glad both are on opposite side of the draw from the Dubs. In the end it might mean nothing and we lose to the Kings but this having to win a game on the road in every series doesn't bother me. Yes, the Dubs haven't been great "Road Warriors" this year but it was the regular season. I heard today that Steph has never played in a playoff series where the team didn't win at least one road game. I think they said the streak stands at 25 and counting.

Let's go Dubs! Woohoo!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm just glad both are on opposite side of the draw from the Dubs. In the end it might mean nothing and we lose to the Kings but this having to win a game on the road in every series doesn't bother me. Yes, the Dubs haven't been great "Road Warriors" this year but it was the regular season. I heard today that Steph has never played in a playoff series where the team didn't win at least one road game. I think they said the streak stands at 25 and counting.

Let's go Dubs! Woohoo!
Playoffs dubs are a different beast though. If my team were in the playoffs, the last team I’d want to face would be GS.

ZDwyr

Let's go Dubs! Woohoo!
Yeah things fell quite nicely for the Warriors. If Wiggins comes back and plays well they'll have a good shot at getting out of the West.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So with a clearer mind, I basically agree with everyone that criticized the Wolves and the players.

- McDaniels is an idiot.
- Gobert and Anderson are idiots.
- If what Anderson said is true then Gobert should have targeted his head, it would have been idiotic but if you are being sent home make it worth it.
- Finch lacks leadership, it was visible in the lack of consistency especially against sub 500 teams, to illustrate how ridiculous it is, they had the tie breaker against almost all the teams above them.

So yeah, the Wolves are being themselves. Arguably(not really arguable) the worst franchise in american sport.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So with a clearer mind, I basically agree with everyone that criticized the Wolves and the players.

- McDaniels is an idiot.
- If what Anderson said is true then Gobert should have targeted his head, it would have been idiotic but if you are being sent home make it worth it.
- Finch lacks leadership, it was visible in the lack of consistency especially against sub 500 teams, to illustrate how ridiculous it is, they had the tie breaker against almost all the teams above them.

So yeah, the Wolves are being themselves. Arguably(not really arguable) the worst franchise in american sport.
Do you think Gobert should have been suspended? Personally I thought it was a bit harsh. If he had clocked Anderson in the head, then maybe, but it was more of a shove than a real punch and there definitely was provocation.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
@Sarni thoughts on Lillards latest comments?
I have been quite frustrated with the notion that this team could get competitive by trading its young talent and picks for win-now players, simply because I do not believe a team built around Lillard as the best player could ever win championship. I think we are rapidly reaching a point where a choice will have to be made: do we build a team for now or do we rebuild a team to be competitive in 3-4 years.

I’ll be extremely annoyed if we trade out of this draft to add some decent but not great veteran player (eg OG) and that is probably what will occur if we don’t get no. 1 pick (and I fear we could even trade out of no. 1, though that seems unlikely and is probably an irrational concern). Similarly I’d be livid if we moved on from Sharpe (though would be relatively fine with using Simons as a bait).

I also do not believe we would find it all that easy to trade Dame if we decided to go down the rebuild route with his sizeable contract and advanced age. Most likely that rebuild would have to be conducted with him here.

JPRouve

Scout
Do you think Gobert should have been suspended? Personally I thought it was a bit harsh. If he had clocked Anderson in the head, then maybe, but it was more of a shove than a real punch and there definitely was provocation.
It seems harsh but maybe Gobert's mind was gone in which case it was the right move.

jetlee

- McDaniels is an idiot.

Man, I've just starting to root for them this season, and I couldn't really understand all the flack they are getting everywhere with the historic stuff.

But this is new levels of self sabotage. They even won that game so it was all for nothing seemingly.

JPRouve

Scout
Man, I've just starting to root for them this season, and I couldn't really understand all the flack they are getting everywhere with the historic stuff.

But this is new levels of self sabotage. They even won that game so it was all for nothing seemingly.
As a long time supporter of the Wolves, I'm not in a good place to judge you but you chose poorly! It's going to be pain and misery. :lol:

The worst part about it is that while the team has been inconsistent due to lack of leadership but also lots of injuries, the best players have been good to very good, the roster is deep and full of young talents but the optics are terrible and the leadership issues need to be fixed very quickly.

R'hllor

- McDaniels is an idiot.

At first, had a go at Gobert but if those raports are true i am with Shannon Sharpe on this, Gobert should knock his head off. Clearly i dont see word bitch the same way as them but thats probably because i am Serb and bitch is like baby mild shit compared with shit i heard in my life.

If you come at me in such manner demanding blocks and i reply to you to get some rebounds or trying to explain how due injury i might not being able to, then being called a bitch after that, yea aim for a head.

Whats worse, them having a go is not even the worst thing, McDaniels fecking his hand by that punch, i mean how stupid can you be, holy shit, he should write a wall text of apology to rest of the team.

jetlee

As a long time supporter of the Wolves, I'm not in a good place to judge you but you chose poorly! It's going to be pain and misery. :lol:

The worst part about it is that while the team has been inconsistent due to lack of leadership but also lots of injuries, the best players have been good to very good, the roster is deep and full of young talents but the optics are terrible and the leadership issues need to be fixed very quickly.
Yeah, maybe you are right. :lol:

I think party due to the inconsistency you mentioned I've found almost all of their games really exciting, so this can be a reason to get hooked in.
Plus it seemed to me that the guy they poached from Denver is quite highly regarded as a back office leader, and maybe he'll be able to steer the club in a better direction.

JPRouve

Scout
At first, had a go at Gobert but if those raports are true i am with Shannon Sharpe on this, Gobert should knock his head off. Clearly i dont see word bitch the same way as them but thats probably because i am Serb and bitch is like baby mild shit compared with shit i heard in my life.

If you come at me in such manner demanding blocks and i reply to you to get some rebounds or trying to explain how due injury i might not being able to, then being called a bitch after that, yea aim for a head.

Whats worse, them having a go is not even the worst thing, McDaniels fecking his hand by that punch, i mean how stupid can you be, holy shit, he should write a wall text of apology to rest of the team.
The McDaniels incident is by far the most disappointing because he is the Wolves best defender and he is developing into a decent scorer. But what he did, reminds me that he had temperament issues in college and he managed to control himself for three years just to wreck his hand on the last game of the season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Wolves had higher expectations going into this season but clearly they are still as immature as the last years.

JPRouve

Scout
I haven't paid any attention to the Mavericks during the last month. Did they tank or were they subpar?

From the little I have seen, they are just a highly flawed team. They can't really defend anything whether we are talking about the paint or the perimeter, they can't rebound and offensively the chemistry between Irving and Doncic isn't natural, I'm pretty sure that with an offseason these two could become unguardable but the defensive issues would remain.