NBA 2022-2023

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
2 for 1 at the end. Nah. Rather turn the ball over after wasting time and give them a lead.

R'hllor

Thank God Ja is fine with a West, guess fake it till you make it is the way.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Playoff Jimmy Buckets :drool::drool:

Oh if only the Sixers had gone all out to keep him
"Tobias Harris over me?!" :lol:

What a playoff player though, the way he elevates his game in some matches is amazing. Pity Giannis wasn't fit for most of this series or it would have been more exciting. Don't think Bucks can overcome this lead with Giannis not 100%.

ZDwyr

Some of the things you list are just part of being a well run organization. As @SinNombre points out though 2019 was about as bad a run of luck as a team has had in recent years. It almost certainly cost the Dubs a Championship. Also the injuries to Irving and Love in 2015 were pretty much offset by Steph carrying an injury in 2016. Although unlike Irving and Love, Steph was able to play, by the end of the series he was a shadow of his normal self and it almost certainly cost the Dubs that Championship as well. That's even without considering Draymond's stupidity and the league deciding to suspend him.

As I said at the time though, the Raptors deserved their Championship. You can only beat what's in front of you. Same with Cavs in 2016 and the Dubs in 2015. Swings and roundabouts. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don’t.
Part of it is being well-run. But I support a well-run organisation who has had far more bad than good luck. So I'll stew in my bitterness :lol:

Memphis in big trouble this series.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Can Lakers go all the way?
It is anyone title at this point. Personally I think the Celtics are best positioned to win it, but on the other hand it also wouldn't be surprising if they get eliminated by the 76ers. If they go through, they will be favorites as it's a bad match up even for the Bucks if they somehow get past the Heat.

West is far more in the air, but Lebron/AD (and much improved roster) will give them a fighting chance in every series. So, yeah, they can.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Golden state or Sac will give us fits in the next round. The defense gives up too many open threes and we can't rely on Brooks, Roddy and Bane before this game bricking them consistently. Having said that we are incredible at blocking shots and we do have Lebron and AD so anything is possible but we will be underdogs in the next series.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Golden state or Sac will give us fits in the next round. The defense gives up too many open threes and we can't rely on Brooks, Roddy and Bane before this game bricking them consistently. Having said that we are incredible at blocking shots and we do have Lebron and AD so anything is possible but we will be underdogs in the next series.
Would at least be nice if they have to fight out an emotionally loaded and tiring 7-game series while we close it out in Memphis in 5. But I agree we'd be underdogs yeah.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just watched second half and OT. Tying it up with a lay-up over the DPOY and then the game-sealing and-1 with a drive against Dillon Brooks is just :drool:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I have a bb crush for Fox & his fantastic Kings, but the bickering in Lakers-Warriors would be insanely fun. :D

Sandyman

What an amazing finish. Huge win for the Hawks. Still too much to hope they win 2 more though.

edcunited1878

Tatum did well to get outscored by John Collins in fewer minutes of a close out game at home.

Awesome to see Trae bury that game winner in Boston. Hawks should still lose the series to Cs, but that was entertaining stuff!

SinNombre

I had tickets to the Celtics-Sixers game on Saturday. Will have to sell them at a loss now since the game will be on Monday if it happens and I am flying back on Sunday.

:mad:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Close game but Nuggets pull it out. Great game from Jamal Murray.

R'hllor

fecking hell Wolves, Jokic with 3/88 FG% first time in years and they still went useless mode. Now Suns gonna clean them up and Malone will survive as the gonna do run it back bs.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
fecking hell Wolves, Jokic with 3/88 FG% first time in years and they still went useless mode. Now Suns gonna clean them up and Malone will survive as the gonna do run it back bs.
Suns haven't looked fantastic either. George has missed the entire series and Kawhi has missed the last 3. The Clippers are just overmatched as things stand. Nuggets/Suns could go either way.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It is anyone title at this point. Personally I think the Celtics are best positioned to win it, but on the other hand it also wouldn't be surprising if they get eliminated by the 76ers. If they go through, they will be favorites as it's a bad match up even for the Bucks if they somehow get past the Heat.

West is far more in the air, but Lebron/AD (and much improved roster) will give them a fighting chance in every series. So, yeah, they can.
I can’t see past Suns for the West and even possibly the championship itself. Just too much quality. Have not been amazing against depleted Clippers though so who knows.

R'hllor

Suns haven't looked fantastic either. George has missed the entire series and Kawhi has missed the last 3. The Clippers are just overmatched as things stand. Nuggets/Suns could go either way.
Yea but Clippers have one of the best coaches in NBA, Denver has clueless fecker that got lucky to stumble having Jokic in a team.

Edit: They still alive with Westbrook going with shit FG%, put Malone instead and Suns would sweep them with 40 pts difference each game without their stars.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Denver and Suns will be an interesting series. Suns' starters playing high minutes with Denver's altitude could cause some issues. I think I'll pick Suns in 7.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I can’t see past Suns for the West and even possibly the championship itself. Just too much quality. Have not been amazing against depleted Clippers though so who knows.
Aye, them having to dig deep against this Clippers is what paused me a bit with all of their stars having to play +40 minutes. Tbf Westbrook rolled back the years in game 3 and 4 while Powell had a career high in game 3 and they still won both games, but in a more even, potential 7 game series going forward I think it is a bit worrying if they will have enough in their tank.

Purely looking at the Suns offensive quality, I agree, they have a slight edge against every opponent.

Real Name

What next for Clippers. 4th season with Paul and Leonard and fek all happened due to injuries which have plagued their seasons. Their best chance was probably the bubble when they collapes vs Nuggets. In 2021 Kawhi god injured prior to West finals and now missed 3 games in this series which cost them plus of course George not being available.
I heard murmours about Lue stepping down.

R'hllor

What next for Clippers. 4th season with Paul and Leonard and fek all happened due to injuries which have plagued their seasons. Their best chance was probably the bubble when they collapes vs Nuggets. In 2021 Kawhi god injured prior to West finals and now missed 3 games in this series which cost them plus of course George not being available.
I wouldnt be surprised, he cant gel a team and fight for better positions because his star players are either injured or in KL case doing load management whole season and still he cant give you more than few games in postseason, KL and PG games in the same time must be really low.

Real Name

I wouldnt be surprised, he cant gel a team and fight for better positions because his star players are either injured or in KL case doing load management whole season and still he cant give you more than few games in postseason, KL and PG games in the same time must be really low.
Maybe they'll give it a go one more season but time is ticking and Ballmer might go on to give it up and change the whole story.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The Celts are not the Dubs, so if they do not defend… :boring:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Man just imagine the East with the Hawks, Heat, Knicks and Sixers with an injured Embiid...

It won't happen but - man, just imagine!

Ladron de redcafe

While of course any GOAT debate is subjective and everyone has their own opinion on it, saying that LT or Brown are NFL GOATs is a far, far bolder claim than saying LeBron is the NBA GOAT. The former two aren't even in 99% of conversations for the best-ever NFL player - and while I appreciate that MJ truthers will argue that there isn't a debate on the NBA GOAT either, LeBron certainly has some arguments in favor of him (objectively speaking, from a stats, longevity, impact, marketability, ... point of view, basically any metric out there bar Finals wins).
He doesn't have a strong case. It doesn't take an "MJ truther" to agree with the general consensus that jordan was the greatest ever. Objectively speaking and from a stats viewpoint, Jordan had the higher peak and still has a higher career PER and WS average.

Not even sure how anyone isn't trolling could argue that LeBron is more marketable than Jordan :lol: It's one thing to have an opinion and another to expect to be taken seriously when you say something that asinine.

Ladron de redcafe

There was a long twitter thread by a media member who is confirmed to have been around the Clippers (probably and unnamed beat writer) who talked about friction between Lue and the front office and claims the players have a low opinion of Lue, who is apparently indifferent with everything.

So that last rumour makes sense if the content of the leak are accurate.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He doesn't have a strong case. It doesn't take an "MJ truther" to agree with the general consensus that jordan was the greatest ever. Objectively speaking and from a stats viewpoint, Jordan had the higher peak and still has a higher career PER and WS average.
I didn't say he has a strong case either - so questionable who you are arguing against here.

And yeah marketability when I typed that I was more thinking about how the NBA has "rebrandished" its image during the LeBron (and social media) era. Marketing personal brand wise, no one comes close to Jordan.