NBA 2022-2023

R'hllor

If Lakers dont win this game, they showed their hand way to early with moving away AD from Jokic. Malone is worst at ingame adjustments, guy forced Murray at Lebron till he got to 5 fouls, fecking muppet

edcunited1878

Denver settling for way too many jumpers at the end and not attacking the rim or paint.

Looks like they just held off LA, but Jokic thr star man doing just enough against AD who came on strong in the 2nd half.

Murray has to be better and a positive factor down the stretch in future 4th quarters if Denver wins 3 more games. Lakers took a big punch in the first half and nearly recovered.

Great game one, but Denver bench needs to step up a little more as Lakers have Rui and Walker while Denver only had Brown.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That couldn't have gone much better for the Nuggets. Yes, they made some mistakes down the stretch but both AD and LeBron played 40+ minutes in a losing effort and then they have to come back in two days and play again in Denver at altitude.

ExoduS

I was ready to write "never underestimate chocking ability of a smaller team and aura of a bigger". This should have been a blowout and ended up being a nail biter.

R'hllor

Denver bench cant step up while Malone is giving minutes to his son Jeff, he also putting Christian Braun on the wrong guy

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I was ready to write "never underestimate chocking ability of a smaller team and aura of a bigger". This should have been a blowout and ended up being a nail biter.
Since they ended up winning a nail biter was better. In a blowout AD and LeBron probably play less than 30 minutes and come back refreshed for game 2. This was the worst of both worlds for the Lakers.

ExoduS

Denver bench cant step up while Malone is giving minutes to his son Jeff, he also putting Christian Braun on the wrong guy
I mean who to play? Malone gave all of them a chance in the last third and they all sucked. Bryant never adjusted, Jackson was a huge letdown, Cancar can't get to old form since the injury. Only two players that should get some minutes are perhaps Nnaji and Watson. Neither have any play off experience. Braun and Watson are only two players that played well at the end of the season.

R'hllor

I mean who to play? Malone gave all of them a chance in the last third and they all sucked. Bryant never adjusted, Jackson was a huge letdown, Cancar can't get to old form since the injury. Only two players that should get some minutes are perhaps Nnaji and Watson. Neither have any play off experience. Braun and Watson are only two players that played well at the end of the season.
He should try a traffic cone, guy is a constant minus, doesnt rebound, doesnt do shit, feck his experience and he has experience at what? doing feck all?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Offensively both teams were impressive shooting 55% from the field. Hachimura on Jokic was interesting as that finally stopped the Nuggets momentum a bit and the team who manages to make better defensive adjustments in the series will have the advantage imo.

But, overall, this is a big win for the Nuggets.

ExoduS

He should try a traffic cone, guy is a constant minus, doesnt rebound, doesnt do shit, feck his experience and he has experience at what? doing feck all?
Thomas Bryant was supposed to be the answer but the guy got lost. Not sure if it is terrible coaching or Thomas just sucks.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Offensively both teams were impressive shooting 55% from the field. Hachimura on Jokic was interesting as that finally stopped the Nuggets momentum a bit and the team who manages to make better defensive adjustments in the series will have the advantage imo.

But, overall, this is a big win for the Nuggets.
That was the key switch and Hachimura has to start the rest of the series. Lakers got cooked when we had three guards on the floor. Denvers shot making was insane, they shot 10/13 from midrange, 15/32 from three. If they keep shooting like that we have no chance. Lakers need to be much better defensively. We can't be giving up 34,35,37 over three quarters.

R'hllor

Thomas Bryant was supposed to be the answer but the guy got lost. Not sure if it is terrible coaching or Thomas just sucks.
He looks great at Lakers at least in offense, comes to Denver and suddenly has no clue how to play ball, yea i would say its Malone, because bench under him is a minus for years now. MPJ losing minutes because of Jeff fecking Green is just mental, put a rookie instead, bet he would suck as much as JG, can guarantee that

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It’s not no. 1 but I am actually happy with the 3rd pick, it is a good leap. It is basically going to be Brandon Miller if we don’t trade that pick and I think he has the potential to be really, really good, but we are almost certainly going to trade it (probably for Anunoby) which is a bit more grim.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The draft should reward the teams that barely missed out on the playoffs, not the teams that were terrible and tanked on purpose.

ZDwyr

The draft should reward the teams that barely missed out on the playoffs, not the teams that were terrible and tanked on purpose.
Just completely flatten the lottery odds for all non-playoff teams.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Putting Hachimura on Jokic with AD as a help defender really ground the Nuggets offence to a halt, we're going back to that for sure and we'll see how Denver adjusts

As expected AD was aggressive and the Nuggets can't guard him, we'll see what adjustments they make about that

Other than that, great game, great spirit for the comeback, pity about the result. Nothing else to take out of this game though, neither team is gonna shoot like this again probably

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Has the NBA ever had a player like Jokic before?
Not quite. He's the best passing big man in NBA history by a considerable margin imo, can't really think of anyone that comes close off the top of my head.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Just completely flatten the lottery odds for all non-playoff teams.
I mean that’s probably never going to happen but at least don’t make a huge event of this lottery. With so much media available now everyone knows about the prospects, so all season long there is talk about Wemby Wemby and then you have this event 30 minutes before the conference finals where all the bad teams have shown up and every person knows that majority of these teams basically threw games this season. Then the spurs guy is out there celebrating on stage. I mean come on man

Sarni

I just hope it isn’t for og or siakam
I expect it'll be for either of them. Just that there's no real need for Raptors to get a wing, they'd be better off with Scoot but there's also the odd chance that Hornets take Miller and Scoot is available at 3.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The Spurs hate online is so ridiculous :lol: "Hey you got two first overall picks 36 and 26 years ago and turned both players into HOF'ers, you even got to the playoffs for 20-something years in a row being competitive as hell with a top-5 coach of all time, but feck me you are so lucky to be picking #1 overall again!"

Meanwhile there have been disgraceful teams in perennial tank mode and even gave their suckiness a name #TheProcess without anything to show for it.

entropy

I expect it'll be for either of them. Just that there's no real need for Raptors to get a wing, they'd be better off with Scoot but there's also the odd chance that Hornets take Miller and Scoot is available at 3.
I wish we’d sign monty williams and figure out a deal to land bridges.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The Spurs hate online is so ridiculous :lol: "Hey you got two first overall picks 36 and 26 years ago and turned both players into HOF'ers, you even got to the playoffs for 20-something years in a row being competitive as hell with a top-5 coach of all time, but feck me you are so lucky to be picking #1 overall again!"

Meanwhile there have been disgraceful teams in perennial tank mode and even gave their suckiness a name #TheProcess without anything to show for it.
Well the sixers have got insane amount of shit for the process thing. The fact remains though that the spurs have gotten lucky with the biggest prospects when they have tanked. Yes they have done a good job of maximising them but it’s much easier to maximise a generational prospect than to do it with a good prospect. In fact if anything of all the successful teams across sport spurs probably get the least hatred from other fans

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Well the sixers have got insane amount of shit for the process thing. The fact remains though that the spurs have gotten lucky with the biggest prospects when they have tanked. Yes they have done a good job of maximising them but it’s much easier to maximise a generational prospect than to do it with a good prospect. In fact if anything of all the successful teams across sport spurs probably get the least hatred from other fans
Isn't that hindsight too given how Robinson's and Duncan's careers panned out? Duncan appears on most lists of best draft prospects of all-time so I'll give them that, but Robinson doesn't.

In the not so distant past I'd say Zion and AD might be close to what Wembanyama is as a prospect now. And if you look at his frame I'm not at all convinced that he'll have a long NBA career tbh.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
you'd have teams that are close to making the playoffs tanking to avoid them in this scenario
A post regular season tournament is the best idea that I have heard in the context of the NHL. It could work for the NBA.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
you'd have teams that are close to making the playoffs tanking to avoid them in this scenario
Better to have teams throw the last few games of a season than having them throw a complete season, I’d say.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not no. 1 but I am actually happy with the 3rd pick, it is a good leap. It is basically going to be Brandon Miller if we don’t trade that pick and I think he has the potential to be really, really good, but we are almost certainly going to trade it (probably for Anunoby) which is a bit more grim.
Would you take Scoot if he fell to you? I honestly have no interest in this 4th pick. I'd prefer trade it away. It was Wemby or Scoot or bust for me. I'd probably have been happy with Miller too to be honest. The Hornets already have Lamelo though, so would they use the 2nd pick to take Scoot? You guys have Dame. What kinda package do you think it would take for the Hornets to give us their pick?

arthurka

This game was awesome but the Lakers left it a bit late. Jokic is so good, love to watch him play.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Is Brandon Miller still a consensus #2 or #3 after the whole gun shitstorm? He showed a complete lack of self-awareness after the incident imo (unless I missed some new developments), so unless I'm not up-to-date I'd want to take a serious look at his character and mindset in the draft process before I wanna take him that high if I'm a GM.

Sarni

Is Brandon Miller still a consensus #2 or #3 after the whole gun shitstorm? He showed a complete lack of self-awareness after the incident imo (unless I missed some new developments), so unless I'm not up-to-date I'd want to take a serious look at his character and mindset in the draft process before I wanna take him that high if I'm a GM.
He'll easily go #3. NBA teams have forgiven their players for much more than this and he's too good of a prospect to pass on.

Sarni

Would you take Scoot if he fell to you? I honestly have no interest in this 4th pick. I'd prefer trade it away. It was Wemby or Scoot or bust for me. I'd probably have been happy with Miller too to be honest. The Hornets already have Lamelo though, so would they use the 2nd pick to take Scoot? You guys have Dame. What kinda package do you think it would take for the Hornets to give us their pick?
I would take whichever of Miller or Scoot is available. You just take the best player available and figure it out later so even though Scoot overlaps with Dame, we would need to figure it out. Besides Dame will eventually fade into a less prominent role within the team and it won't be more than 3-4 years before it happens (maybe even sooner).

I think it's possible Hornets would take Miller but they won't really be able to trade down if they want him specifically because he won't drop below 3 and Blazers won't give up much to move for Scoot. They can't trade to no. 4 because Miller will not be available there anymore and the step down in quality to the next talent is significant (even though I like Thompson brothers).