NBA 2022-2023

ExoduS

Embid deserved MVP this year, just as Jokic deserved it last year. Post season failure should have no reflection on who should have been MVP. Jokic is my MVP but Jokic didn't outshine Embid nor Giannis. You have to be spectacular just to win the double, let alone triple MVP award (in a row).

Doc Rivers is a best choker to ever live. Guy can't close out series - it is pathetic.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Embid deserved MVP this year, just as Jokic deserved it last year. Post season failure should have no reflection on who should have been MVP. Jokic is my MVP but Jokic didn't outshine Embid nor Giannis. You have to be spectacular just to win the double, let alone triple MVP award (in a row).

Doc Rivers is a best choker to ever live. Guy can't close out series - it is pathetic.
Nope, just be the best player in those years, the degree of difficulty shouldn't go up based on you having won it before.

Jokic was the MVP and got robbed.

Sandyman

We're never making it to the Conference Finals, are we. Should have closed it in game 6.

While the players will rightly take the blame for that awful performance, can we please finally show Doc out the door.

R'hllor

People screaming last part is out of context quote to fit some narrative (guess as a thrower of others under the bus - which he already did after prev game) but in full answer, suddenly basketball is a team game, blame spreading on all, specially after game where he and James were the worst in that team.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Stop believing the media bullshit. There’s no rule that says it should be harder to win consecutive MVPs in a row.

RedDevilQuebecois

Tree taking no prisoners as always, but do you know how big of an egg had to be laid before he made a video about basketball? Ouch!

WARNING: Harden.exe has self-deleted its files.

Please try to reinstall program during regular season. :eek: :lol:

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

People screaming last part is out of context quote to fit some narrative (guess as a thrower of others under the bus - which he already did after prev game) but in full answer, suddenly basketball is a team game, blame spreading on all, specially after game where he and James were the worst in that team.
Poor Joel, him and Harden were so amazing last night but were let down so badly by all those underperforming teammates. :(

Revan

Assumptionman
Sure Embiid's been shit too. No need to tell me that. But you know, like I said, Harden's not know to elevate himself for a game 7 is he? It's not all on him of course, since Paul and Embiid have blown up in Game 7's next to him... but if he kind of helped Durant's all time classic performance just a bit more that the sub .300 he shot, he'd have a ring right now.

I like the guy, but this series has summed up where he is now, capable of dropping bangers... but then seemingly coasting along the next game. Dudes nuts.
To be fair to him, he was injured and shouldn’t have even played in those 2 games against Bucks. He couldn’t ever run.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Embiid and Harden shot 27% and 25% FG. The rest of the team? Harris 53%, Tucker 57% and Maxey 41%. I think it’s obvious who needed to find ways to be better last night :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Both conference finals are rematches of the bubble playoffs three years ago as well now.
Boston-Miami for the third time in 4 years too. Lakers and Nuggets finally healthy again after 2 seasons derailed by injuries for both
Sure Embiid's been shit too.
He also played with a knee brace though. That's Embiid's biggest problem, he just can't stay healthy in the playoffs. He's the big man version of Chris Paul

Tatum is the player I'd most want to sign for my team, just ridiculous

Sarni

Spot on Joel, you were immaculate last night, just spectacular, carrying the team to a tight 24-point loss on your back with your superb performance. One could only think how far from competitive you'd have been without your 5 made shots. 5 shots. Not 1, not 2, not even 3. NOT EVEN 4. YOU MADE FIVE !!!!!! Five is five times more than one, and far more than three.

If only those other fecks could do their job. It's so unfair.

Sarni

Embiid and Harden shot 27% and 25% FG. The rest of the team? Harris 53%, Tucker 57% and Maxey 41%. I think it’s obvious who needed to find ways to be better last night :lol:
That means Harris missed 47% of his shots. Tucker missed 43%, and Maxey missed 59%. If you feel that's good enough, Joel will never be able even if he's this amazing. He can't carry them on his back if they all miss almost half of their shots (or even more in Maxey's case). Success is not built on missed shots, it is built on made shots.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Boston-Miami for the third time in 4 years too. Lakers and Nuggets finally healthy again after 2 seasons derailed by injuries for both

He also played with a knee brace though. That's Embiid's biggest problem, he just can't stay healthy in the playoffs. He's the big man version of Chris Paul

Yeah, I think he also has a soft spot for the Lakers being such a big Kobe fan when he was young(er).

Can't see it happening though with his ties to Boston right now, at least not in the near future. But he's an absolute stud.

R'hllor

For grinding his knees good portion is on him, most of the time when he flops and hunts for gifted FTs he ends up on his ass in some form because in regular season by doing it, he sells a flop easier, which leads him to have what 11-15 FT per game, not saying he is not getting fouled but good % of those are just on baiting, flopping, hitting a ground, such a easy way to rack up points, specially when you are great FT taker of 85% +

I mean watched some highlights vs Nets, its pure comedy show. Who ever told him to kiss a ground after every 2nd attempt, did not do him any favors.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That means Harris missed 47% of his shots. Tucker missed 43%, and Maxey missed 59%. If you feel that's good enough, Joel will never be able even if he's this amazing. He can't carry them on his back if they all miss almost half of their shots (or even more in Maxey's case). Success is not built on missed shots, it is built on made shots.
Emiid is the one talking about teammates needing to do better while shooting 27% and literally missing all of his 3 attempts. League average is around 46%, if you have role players shooting well above league average while the two star players are bricking everything, it'ts pretty lame of the star player to come out and blame the embarrassing loss on the lack of help from the role players.

Sarni

Emiid is the one talking about teammates needing to do better while shooting 27% and literally missing all of his 3 attempts. League average is around 46%, if you have role players shooting well above league average while the two star players are bricking everything, it'ts pretty lame of the star player to come out and blame the embarrassing loss on the lack of help from the role players.
You are blaming Embiid for missing 73% of his shots while forgetting he actually made 27%, and those 27% were just so important and perfect.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty sure that Sarni post was full on sarcasm mode :D

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You are blaming Embiid for missing 73% of his shots while forgetting he actually made 27%, and those 27% were just so important and perfect.
27% important shots of true mvp calibre, one might add.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty sure that Sarni post was full on sarcasm mode :D
Like I wasn't sure. I knew the other reply to the Lillard tweet was blatant but it was hard to tell for sure with the reply to my post. My bad bro @Sarni :lol:

ZDwyr

Westbrook has been to the west finals and Dirk won a ring
Yep, I misinterpreted the stat.

I think it’s meant in their career and not specifically for that season. So Westbrook made it to the finals before and Dirk obviously won a championship.

Otherwise Jokic lost in the first round last season as well.
I see. In that case, very interesting stat.

R'hllor

ESPN is so itchy to drop this whole shit on Harden`s head, by SAS words, Harden was so bad that there was no space for him to even mention Embiid initially.

Sarni

ESPN is so itchy to drop this whole shit on Harden`s head, by SAS words, Harden was so bad that there was no space for him to even mention Embiid initially.
Harden was bad in most of the series but he actually won them two games. He was the main reason why the series even went 7, strangely.

If Embiid was able to win them 2 games as well in the same fashion, they'd have won the series.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sarni. Embiid hater by day, mathematician by night.

Sarni

Sarni. Embiid hater by day, mathematician by night.
:lol: I don’t really hate Embiid. I rate him highly as a player, I think the blame game he’s been playing for a while at Sixers is a bit embarrassing though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: I don’t really hate Embiid. I rate him highly as a player, I think the blame game he’s been playing for a while at Sixers is a bit embarrassing though.
I'm kidding, I have the exact same opinion. The other day I was wondering which other player can be at the same time as pathetic as Embiid while being objectively great. He brings the best of both worlds.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Harden was bad in most of the series but he actually won them two games. He was the main reason why the series even went 7, strangely.

If Embiid was able to win them 2 games as well in the same fashion, they'd have won the series.
Playing alongside the league MVP I'd rather that my second option is as steady a contributor as can be, rather than win you some games but completely disappear in others. He has (or should have, at least) enough experience by now to know what's needed of him in that team to gain an advantage in the series over Boston, but going on hot/cold stretches like he did barely ends well - and of course especially not if Embiid is indeed unable to step up in the games that you disappear.

I'd have the trophy odds as Denver > Boston > Lakers > Miami at the moment but it's close imo. I give Boston a ~65% to go through and Denver a ~60% chance, I think.

Jokic vs AD will be fascinating.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm scared about Jokic just wearing him down honestly - potentially into injury given AD's history. When we beat them in the bubble a large part of that was Howard getting under Joker's skin, getting him into foul trouble and generally making life difficult for him. Whenever we had AD on him Joker feasted.

I repeat, how AD and we as a team attack Jokic is gonna be more important than what we do defensively

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm scared about Jokic just wearing him down honestly - potentially into injury given AD's history. When we beat them in the bubble a large part of that was Howard getting under Joker's skin, getting him into foul trouble and generally making life difficult for him. Whenever we had AD on him Joker feasted.

I repeat, how AD and we as a team attack Jokic is gonna be more important than what we do defensively
Fair points. Hopefully Mo Bamba is back and can give us some meaningful minutes to rest AD from time to time. We can't go small against Denver or Jokic will ruin us.

ExoduS

Stop believing the media bullshit. There’s no rule that says it should be harder to win consecutive MVPs in a row.
Media who vote for MVPs basically said that - You can't be just the best player, you have to be clearly the best player. Had Jokic gotten triple double average, I think he would have gotten it. But honestly - feck it - I think MVP puts target on your back. I like it that he has to face AD without any additional pressure.

R'hllor

Yea and like you said, i also find him to be a great great player but holy shit he has few unlikeable traits, you just cant ignore it.

Even if you ignore flopping, his whining campaign for MVP etc., his trait to out runs blame train and start pushing anyone and anything under it when question comes is just...ugh.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Media who vote for MVPs basically said that - You can't be just the best player, you have to be clearly the best player. Had Jokic gotten triple double average, I think he would have gotten it. But honestly - feck it - I think MVP puts target on your back. I like it that he has to face AD without any additional pressure.
That’s my point. They’re making shit up just to justify not giving Jokic the MVP when he has had a better year than Embiid.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Did Perkins say anything about MVP Embid's terrible Game 7 performance? Or did he too blame the supporting cast?
He was pretty empathic in his blame of Embiid and Harden on Twitter. I think he said Doc will eventually get all the blame when his stars did nothing.

I'm always surprised why Tobias Harris never gets more attention, the guy is on a max contract and is no where close to being an all star. One of the worst contacts right now.