NBA 2023-2024

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He needs to stay in college for another year or two. They keep talking about this dream Bron has for them to play together but surely not at the expense of the kid’s development? He doesn’t look anywhere near ready for the NBA.
I think this is what's happening actually yeah. I think he and his dad know LBJ doesn't have another 3 years in the league to wait for him to be ready. Might as well do it now, and figure it out from there. He's 19, he might stay for 2 seasons, move to europe, complete his development as a player there, then come back to the NBA at 23-24 and have a good nba career

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's going to be the weakest draft in a while so I can see the kid and his family thinking this might be the best chance to get picked. Lakers might just figure a second round pick is worth the rest of Lebrons career.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Jordan vs Lebron will never stop to amuse me. Ok, maybe the old dog catches another one in his last years so people will bang on that (it still isn't' close).

But otherwise.. LeBron had it tougher? The man literally choosed and handpicked teams and teammates (Wade, Bosh, Allen, Irving, Love, Davis, Westbrook....). Jordan had Rodman though. No one will tell you Rodman was traded for Will Perdue. That was his value at the time.

Whatever.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Jordan vs Lebron will never stop to amuse me. Ok, maybe the old dog catches another one in his last years so people will bang on that (it still isn't' close).

But otherwise.. LeBron had it tougher? The man literally choosed and handpicked teams and teammates (Wade, Bosh, Allen, Irving, Love, Davis, Westbrook....). Jordan had Rodman though. No one will tell you Rodman was traded for Will Perdue. That was his value at the time.

Whatever.
It's kind of ironic in a way. If he'd been better at handpicking players, he might have won more.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Whatever.
I mean the answer is Bill Russell

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

Whatever.
im comfortably in mj camp but he wouldnt be mr. 100% if he was up against warriors.
not really connected with what you saying but just wanted to say it :D

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Most important game of the season tomorrow night for the Dubs....

....and they're not even playing in it.

Nuggets vs Wolves.

Almost certainly, the best the Dubs can do is an 8th seed. If they have to play the Nuggets in round 1, season's over. Against the Wolves, they have a chance. Not a great one but they would have a shot.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win tonight. Not sure how much difference it's going to make though. It looks like it's Dubs v Lakers in the play in. The only question is "who gets home court?" Double edged sword for the Dubs since they have a better record on the road than they do at home

We shall see...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
New 4-year, $135m contract for Jrue Holiday who's about to turn 34 in two months time. Pretty, pretty good that one.

Also it looked last week like the Lakers might go on a run and clinch a direct playoff berth but they pretty much fecked it up against the Wolves and Warriors in their last two games :( Not looking good right now - we'd need to win out against Memphis and NOLA and the Kings need to lose against NOLA and the Suns to overtake them for the #8 seed. I'd fancy us in a one-off game against the Suns in that case though, but going through both the Warriors and the loser of Kings vs Suns seems like a tough ask given the current form of the team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So chances are the pacific division will have 4 teams finish with a 47-35 record....how's that work for PI? Anybody knows the tiebreakers? And why Kings vs Suns is playing a 5th time?

Charlie Foley

So chances are the pacific division will have 4 teams finish with a 47-35 record....how's that work for PI? Anybody knows the tiebreakers? And why Kings vs Suns is playing a 5th time?
Kings have tiebreaker over both Warriors and Lakers, and warriors have tie breaker over lakers, I know that much.

reason for the 5th game is the in season tournament impacting the schedule. I believe Kings Pelicans also played each other five times

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Some interesting games left to go. The 6-10 seeds are sorted but in what order?

If we go with betting predictions, we have;

Warriors vs Pels, Warriors -4.5
Kings vs Suns, Suns -5
Lakers vs Grizz, Lakers -15.5

The lines for

Warriors vs Jazz
Wolves vs Suns
Pels vs Lakers
Kings vs Blazers

have not been released yet, but you can almost guarantee the home team will be favored in all 4.

If all favored teams win, the final standings would be:

Pels. 49-33
Suns. 48-34
Warriors. 47-35
Kings. 46-36
Lakers. 46-36

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Wow! You've got to give credit where credit'a due. Dubs going along ok, leading 35-27 with about 8 mins to go in the 2nd and then the Pels hit 9 three pointers in just over 6 minutes. An 8 point lead became a 16 point deficit.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Tough loss for the Kings. Good news for the Lakers since they now move up to 8th. Bad news for the Lakers is that since the Suns won, the Pels have not sown up the 6th spot and will more than likely not be resting players for their game against them on Sunday

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
To summarize.

6th. Pels/Suns
7th. Pels/Suns
8th. Lakers/Kings/Warriors
9th. Lakers/Kings/Warriors
10th. Lakers/Kings/Warriors

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Everything was falling perfectly for the Lakers and then the Nuggets had to lose ffs :mad:

Now i'm not sure we should beat the Pels at all, if it means we end up having to beat the nuggets in the playoffs(we won't. We wouldn't win a game against them. Everyone else we could beat, the Nuggets sweep us again)

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Everything was falling perfectly for the Lakers and then the Nuggets had to lose ffs :mad:

Now i'm not sure we should beat the Pels at all, if it means we end up having to beat the nuggets in the playoffs(we won't. We wouldn't win a game against them. Everyone else we could beat, the Nuggets sweep us again)
The team that finishes as the 8th seed is probably the best positioned since the Thunder are almost certain to be the number 1 seed in the West. Not that they are not a good team, but they are the youngest and least experienced.

If the Pels beat the Lakers, the Suns are the home team for the 7th/8th play in no matter what they do, and the Pelicans will probably have to play the Nuggets in the 3/6 match up. If the Lakers do lose, they will almost certainly fall to the 10th spot as the Blazers and Jazz really have nothing to play for in their games against the Kings and Dubs and the Lakers lose the tiebreak against both teams.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The team that finishes as the 8th seed is probably the best positioned since the Thunder are almost certain to be the number 1 seed in the West. Not that they are not a good team, but they are the youngest and least experienced.

If the Pels beat the Lakers, the Suns are the home team for the 7th/8th play in no matter what they do, and the Pelicans will probably have to play the Nuggets in the 3/6 match up. If the Lakers do lose, they will almost certainly fall to the 10th spot as the Blazers and Jazz really have nothing to play for in their games against the Kings and Dubs and the Lakers lose the tiebreak against both teams.
That would actually work for us in a long view type of thing(avoid the nuggets, get them against 2 teams that can beat them - Suns and Wolves) while playing the team we're most likely to beat(among the top 3 seeds). Thing is, we'd have to beat Dubs and Kings in one off games to make it :nervous: NOT confident of that at all

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Hm.. as it stands. 1. Thunder 2. Nuggets 3. Wolves... 6. Suns 7. Pels 8. Lakers
If it stays that way, the 7/8 matchup will be interesting since the winner gets into the playoffs but has to play the Nuggets.

Jim Beam

If it stays that way, the 7/8 matchup will be interesting since the winner gets into the playoffs but has to play the Nuggets.
Aye, Wolves - Suns looking like the most interesting game atm (both in terms of their position and where will the Nuggets end up)

Zen

Knew the world wouldn't allow a play-in having Durant, Curry and James led teams..... what a collapse by the Pels.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'd rather play the Thunder than the Nuggets to be honest.

So lose against the Pelicans and win against the Warriors vs Kings winner is the best outcome, but I'll gladly take the #7 seed as well.

Jim Beam

If you already have to go through the Nuggets which is likely, your best chance (especially if you are so dependent on fresh LeBron) is probably to try and eliminate them in the 1st round. The rest of the team will get much needed boost from it as well.

Think the Lakers won't calculate and will win the game against the Pels.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
If you already have to go through the Nuggets which is likely, your best chance (especially if you are so dependent on fresh LeBron) is probably to try and eliminate them in the 1st round. The rest of the team will get much needed boost from it as well.

Think the Lakers won't calculate and will win the game against the Pels.
Agreed . I'd want the nuggets early. None of this lose to maneuver crap. Go all out to get that seventh seed

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed . I'd want the nuggets early. None of this lose to maneuver crap. Go all out to get that seventh seed
Yeah I don't want it either but I think it would be best case. Like I said, I'd gladly take a win against the Pelicans as well and be in ASAP. But over a seven-game series, I'd like our chances better against the Thunder than the Nuggets.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Nuggets make it to Conference finals and OKC don't, I should be in Denver for games 1 & 2 of that series. What sort of prices would I be looking at for Conference finals games in Denver?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah I don't want it either but I think it would be best case. Like I said, I'd gladly take a win against the Pelicans as well and be in ASAP. But over a seven-game series, I'd like our chances better against the Thunder than the Nuggets.
For sure we'd have a better chance against okc. I think we can beat the nuggets too if MPJ doesn't pop off.