NBA 2023-2024

Zen

Lose on purpose only to lose to the Warriors. Would be peak LeGM.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So true :lol:

But I doubt they're thinking about that. Just get into the playoffs ASAP, yo udon't throw away a game to get in in order to secure a win-or-go-home game imo.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The same LeGM that embarrassed the warriors in the finals, knocked them out of the playoffs last year and dropped 27/11/17 with 5 steals at 39 years old. Warriors fans need to worry about Sacramento not their daddy lebron and the Lakers.

Charlie Foley

If Nuggets make it to Conference finals and OKC don't, I should be in Denver for games 1 & 2 of that series. What sort of prices would I be looking at for Conference finals games in Denver?
Looking at google, I’m guessing starting at $300.

Charlie Foley

So true :lol:

But I doubt they're thinking about that. Just get into the playoffs ASAP, yo udon't throw away a game to get in in order to secure a win-or-go-home game imo.
Yeah no way LeBron is approaching it like that, and it would be the wrong attitude to have going in. I think that’s a conversation that only starts, or should only start anyway, after a team loses the 7/8 game

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There was 4:44 left in the game if that box score in the lower right is anything, not really end of the game so I did some digging. Here is what it was about. What a bizarre promo.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/04/rockets-boban-marjanovic-missed-free-throw-free-chicken-clippers
Much like many sports teams do, the Clippers have a promotion that can net fans free food should certain conditions happen in a game. For the Clippers, fans can get a free Chick-fil-A sandwich if a visiting team misses two consecutive free throws in the fourth quarter. Pretty specific, but in this case, it worked out perfectly for fans in the arena on Sunday.

MrMarcello

The same LeGM that embarrassed the warriors in the finals, knocked them out of the playoffs last year and dropped 27/11/17 with 5 steals at 39 years old. Warriors fans need to worry about Sacramento not their daddy lebron and the Lakers.
That's a bit odd considering the Warriors beat this supposed daddy thrice in four Finals, including back-to-back thrashings in the last two.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
That's a bit odd considering the Warriors beat this supposed daddy thrice in four Finals, including back-to-back thrashings in the last two.
Nobody counts those KD warriors teams as demonstrative of anything. They added the second best player on the planet to a 73 win team for fecks sake. And the first time they played in the finals weren't Kyrie and Love injured and Lebron played so well people wanted to give him MVP in a losing effort.

Charlie Foley

I find that acceptable. Fingers crossed they make it there!
Yeah, I’m trying to find what we paid for game 3 of warriors-kings last year but that was (a) at Chase Center and (b) first round, so two big variables there. It’s a great experience though

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd rather play the Thunder than the Nuggets to be honest.

So lose against the Pelicans and win against the Warriors vs Kings winner is the best outcome, but I'll gladly take the #7 seed as well.
Yes, but we'd have to beat the Dubs/Kings. I'd rather make the playoffs and take my chances then risk not making them at all...

Even though I'm 100% convinced the nuggets sweep us again

Zen

Yes the same LeGM who’s 1-3 in finals to the Warriors despite building ultra super teams to try and compensate for Curry’s ability to turn Klay and Draymond into superstars.

MrMarcello

Nobody counts those KD warriors teams as demonstrative of anything. They added the second best player on the planet to a 73 win team for fecks sake. And the first time they played in the finals weren't Kyrie and Love injured and Lebron played so well people wanted to give him MVP in a losing effort.
So, those Miami stacked teams winning two titles don't count either, ya know joining forces with two other top ten players at the time. Nor when he coaxed AD to joining the Lakers, ya know another top five/six player at the time, that shouldn't count either. Am I playing your apologetic dismissive game correctly?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So, those Miami stacked teams winning two titles don't count either, ya know joining forces with two other top ten players at the time. Nor when he coaxed AD to joining the Lakers, ya know another top five/six player at the time, that shouldn't count either. Am I playing your apologetic dismissive game correctly?
No, because no other super team is remotely comparable to the KD to the Warriors situation. The Heat won 47 games the season before LeBron joined - the Warriors broke an NBA record which was deemed almost unbreakable.

SmallCaine

No, because no other super team is remotely comparable to the KD to the Warriors situation. The Heat won 47 games the season before LeBron joined - the Warriors broke an NBA record which was deemed almost unbreakable.
Are you trying to pretend the maimi wasn't a super team? Just because warriors did it better doesn't change the fact lebron only wins when he gets himself costars to build his own super team.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Are you trying to pretend the maimi wasn't a super team? Just because warriors did it better doesn't change the fact lebron only wins when he gets himself costars to build his own super team.
Of course it was a super team, I'm just trying to point out that (i) it wasn't comparable to KD joining the 73-win Warriors and (ii) it's not a slight on LeBron that he lost against that Warriors team in the Finals, especially given what he had to work with in his own Cavs team.

LeBron only wins when he gets co-stars is also such a lazy, lazy argument. He had Kyrie and AD in his last two championship runs, not exactly your "best teammate you could wish for" guys. Don't act as if Shaq didn't have Kobe and Wade, Kobe didn't have Shaq and Pau, Duncan didn't have multiple All-Stars in his championship teams, Jordan had Pippen, ...

Name me one player who consistently won titles on his own? Everyone needs support, no idea why it's used as a stick to beat LeBron with who won titles with three different franchises.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tbf, that would be something more out of the Clippers locker.

Actually, would be tempted to bet some money on that happening if they were in Lakers shoes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Tbf, that would be something more out of the Clippers locker.

Actually, would be tempted to bet some money on that happening if they were in Lakers shoes.
They already pissed away their season like they always do. Leonard and George seem completely fed up with Harden at this point.

There was a Belgian journalist who suggested they might be for real this season around the All-Star break. I chuckled.

Jim Beam

They already pissed away their season like they always do. Leonard and George seem completely fed up with Harden at this point.

There was a Belgian journalist who suggested they might be for real this season around the All-Star break. I chuckled.
Something is seriously off with that franchise. I guess the best thing I can say about them is that they are not boring (in always finding a new way to fail... something like Doc, only as a collective - and even Doc has that 1 ring).

Not a believer in them obviously, but as a neutral, I just wish Kawhi can be healthy because their match up with the Mavs is still one of the most intriguing.

Btw, wouldn't be surprised if both the Clippers and Doc end up packing their bags in the 1st round.

RORY65

Of course it was a super team, I'm just trying to point out that (i) it wasn't comparable to KD joining the 73-win Warriors and (ii) it's not a slight on LeBron that he lost against that Warriors team in the Finals, especially given what he had to work with in his own Cavs team.

LeBron only wins when he gets co-stars is also such a lazy, lazy argument. He had Kyrie and AD in his last two championship runs, not exactly your "best teammate you could wish for" guys. Don't act as if Shaq didn't have Kobe and Wade, Kobe didn't have Shaq and Pau, Duncan didn't have multiple All-Stars in his championship teams, Jordan had Pippen, ...

Name me one player who consistently won titles on his own? Everyone needs support, no idea why it's used as a stick to beat LeBron with who won titles with three different franchises.
This is all fair, I think the argument arose due to him being described as the Warriors "daddy" by one poster despite losing 3 out 4 finals against them (admittedly he played well in all of them, game 1 in 2018 was astonishing, but I don't think he can be called that given the record even when on weaker teams).

It's a team sport, no individual (even easily the best player of his era) can overcome a great team on their own.

Charlie Foley

This is all fair, I think the argument arose due to him being described as the Warriors "daddy" by one poster despite losing 3 out 4 finals against them (admittedly he played well in all of them, game 1 in 2018 was astonishing, but I don't think he can be called that given the record even when on weaker teams).

It's a team sport, no individual (even easily the best player of his era) can overcome a great team on their own.
One poster who was fairly blatantly looking for the reaction everyone gave him. Sometimes it’s best to just ignore

Hoof the ball

C'est magnifique!

Rookie season comparisons between Wembanyama and LeBron. Seriously impressive.

Wemby
Minutes per game - 29
PPG - 21.4
Rebounds per game - 10.6

Assists per game - 3.9
Blocks per game - 3.6
Field goal % - 46.5
3 PT field goal % - 32.5

Lebron
Minutes per game - 39
PPG - 20.9
Rebounds per game - 5.5
Assists per game - 5.9
Blocks per game - 0.7
Field goal % - 41.7
3 PT field goal % - 29.0

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
C'est magnifique!

Wemby
Minutes per game - 29
PPG - 21.4
Rebounds per game - 10.6

Assists per game - 3.9
Blocks per game - 3.6
Field goal % - 46.5
3 PT field goal % - 32.5

Lebron
Minutes per game - 39
PPG - 20.9
Rebounds per game - 5.5
Assists per game - 5.9
Blocks per game - 0.7
Field goal % - 41.7
3 PT field goal % - 29.0
phenomenal season, but I do think it is important to point out LeBron was a year younger and Wemby had multiple years as a pro prior to this year. Even so, he’s the best rookie talent since LeBron in my eyes.

Edit: holy shit, I forgot how awful that Cavs team was.

Last edited:

SmallCaine

The classic lebron had no help argument, this is why no other superstar joined lakers after ad. If lebron's teams win, he gets the credit and when they lose the other guy gets the blame. Only time lebron can claim no help is the first cavs run, post that he got who he wanted, LeGm can't blame the team for why they can't get him another superstar while also having to pay for his Klutch buddies big money because he wants them there.

The mental gymnastics is unbelievable, Ginobli, Parker and Gasol are treated as great players and all-stars who helped their team win titles but pretend AD, Love, Kyrie, Wade, Bosh are just some scrubs who just aren't good teammates.

sport2793

The classic lebron had no help argument, this is why no other superstar joined lakers after ad. If lebron's teams win, he gets the credit and when they lose the other guy gets the blame. Only time lebron can claim no help is the first cavs run, post that he got who he wanted, LeGm can't blame the team for why they can't get him another superstar while also having to pay for his Klutch buddies big money because he wants them there.

The mental gymnastics is unbelievable, Ginobli, Parker and Gasol are treated as great players and all-stars who helped their team win titles but pretend AD, Love, Kyrie, Wade, Bosh are just some scrubs who just aren't good teammates.
This hits the nail on the head extremely well.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Only 3 players have won 2 Championships without a top 75 team mate in the modern NBA (last 50 years): Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant and Steph Curry.

As to "Warriors Daddy." Daddy is 11-17 in the playoffs against Steph, and 23-29 overall.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

I never said he didn't get any help, I just countered your own classic argument "LeBron can only win with other superstars", which I find so strange that it's used so much to discredit LeBron but not others who've done exactly the same in the past.

Don't know what mental gymnastics I used either - Parker, Ginobili (you conveniently left out David Robinson) and Gasol are great players, All-Stars (All-NBA even) and Hall Of Famers. Just like Thompson and Draymond for Curry by the way. And of course LeBron also had help, but it's a far cry from the "he can't win with other superstars" imo, not worse nor better than what other stars have had in the past, that's all.

I'm not even a LeBron fan, he has his faults, but what you said is just crazy to me. He is neither the Warriors' daddy nor should it be used as a slight against him that he lost those series against them, especially with KD added to the equation.

Real Name

There's some news about that or just a speculation?

They upped their game again after Westbrook came back, maybe he should be in the starting lineup.

Real Name

Something is seriously off with that franchise. I guess the best thing I can say about them is that they are not boring (in always finding a new way to fail... something like Doc, only as a collective - and even Doc has that 1 ring).

Not a believer in them obviously, but as a neutral, I just wish Kawhi can be healthy because their match up with the Mavs is still one of the most intriguing.

Btw, wouldn't be surprised if both the Clippers and Doc end up packing their bags in the 1st round.
Clippers never lost a series to Mavs.
Could happen this time of course. But all 3 of their stars are healthy. I think Leonard is. :)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There's some news about that or just a speculation?

They upped their game again after Westbrook came back, maybe he should be in the starting lineup.
Some guy asked Paul George post-game a week ago or so what his view was on Harden's struggles and what they could do to make them go away, and he kinda shrugged and said "I ain't the coach here" or something like that. He quite clearly looked fed up or disinterested with the whole situation imo.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Dang. Can't believe they're gonna play competitive basketball 3 hours away from where I live but I can't attend a game because I'd have to give up a kidney for tickets.

That is one hell of a team.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
C'est magnifique!

Wemby
Minutes per game - 29
PPG - 21.4
Rebounds per game - 10.6

Assists per game - 3.9
Blocks per game - 3.6
Field goal % - 46.5
3 PT field goal % - 32.5

Lebron
Minutes per game - 39
PPG - 20.9
Rebounds per game - 5.5
Assists per game - 5.9
Blocks per game - 0.7
Field goal % - 41.7
3 PT field goal % - 29.0
"Victor Wembanyama became the second rookie in NBA history to lead his team in four (out of five) major statistics. He joined Michael Jordan. Jordan led the Bulls (1984–85) in points (28.2), rebounds (6.5), assists (5.9), and steals (2.4). Wembanyama led the Spurs in points (21.4), rebounds (10.6), blocks (3.6), and steals (1.2)."

The guy is scary good. Still annoyed he went to the spurs. He needs to be a laker one day

SmallCaine

I never said he didn't get any help, I just countered your own classic argument "LeBron can only win with other superstars", which I find so strange that it's used so much to discredit LeBron but not others who've done exactly the same in the past.

Don't know what mental gymnastics I used either - Parker, Ginobili (you conveniently left out David Robinson) and Gasol are great players, All-Stars (All-NBA even) and Hall Of Famers. Just like Thompson and Draymond for Curry by the way. And of course LeBron also had help, but it's a far cry from the "he can't win with other superstars" imo, not worse nor better than what other stars have had in the past, that's all.

I'm not even a LeBron fan, he has his faults, but what you said is just crazy to me. He is neither the Warriors' daddy nor should it be used as a slight against him that he lost those series against them, especially with KD added to the equation.
I said none of these things that's someone else, nor was it ever my argument, I just replied to your he had an excuse everytime he lost to warriors post pointing out lebron can't whine about super teams since he is the one who started the get a super team to win titles in your prime trend.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I said none of these things that's someone else, nor was it ever my argument, I just replied to your he had an excuse everytime he lost to warriors post pointing out lebron can't whine about super teams since he is the one who started the get a super team to win titles in your prime trend.
I suggest you look up how the '08 Celtics won their title...

Jim Beam

Clippers never lost a series to Mavs.
Could happen this time of course. But all 3 of their stars are healthy. I think Leonard is. :)
Much better supporting cast around Luka this time though.

As I said, hopefully everyone on the Clippers are healthy as well. Should be great series if that's the case.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So who's your MVP then?

SGA? Luka? Or still Jokic?

I'd have no qualms with either one of them but I'd give it to Luka personally.

Real Name

Much better supporting cast around Luka this time though.

As I said, hopefully everyone on the Clippers are healthy as well. Should be great series if that's the case.
Wojnaroski saying it's not a serious injury (Kawhi), not comfirmed if he'll be fit for game 1 till now though.

MrMarcello

I suggest you look up how the '08 Celtics won their title...
Trades to assemble star teams has been an NBA thing for a long time, the free agency route Miami used in 2010 was something new. Both routes can be argued for or against.

My biggest complaint in 2010 was the self-anointed 'king' leaving his side to join a rival side when a 'king' should have others join his side. Yeah, I get Miami > Cleveland for various reasons related to and not related to basketball. And the stupid decision broadcast I felt was the epitome of arrogance and entitlement but at least they used some proceeds for charitable causes, so I guess some silver linings and whatnot. I also felt he should have joined the Knicks for a variety of reasons, and I don't much care for them nor their dickhead owner.