NBA 2023-2024

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Batum saved 76ers. Think both the Celtics and the Knicks watched that in slight discomfort. Getting 1st/2nd and having to go through one of these teams.

We might have reprise of both East and West last season finals in the 1st round.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Knicks went all out to get that #2 and a shot at either Playoff Jimmy or First Round(aka not hobbled) Embiid. That was really mad honestly

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Knicks vs Sixers and (hopefully) Heat vs Celtics would be two great first-round series in the East.

EDIT: just read that Jimmy reportedly has an MCL injury, never mind :(

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bias, Lewis, and Petrovic - my top three of what ifs in the NBA. Two of them were Celtics though one never got the chance to play.

Could also consider what if prime Sabonis was allowed to transfer over in the late 80s but that's a different circumstance.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Bias, Lewis, and Petrovic - my top three of what ifs in the NBA. Two of them were Celtics though one never got the chance to play.

Could also consider what if prime Sabonis was allowed to transfer over in the late 80s but that's a different circumstance.
Hank Gathers is another, but may be slightly biased as an LMU alum. I do think he was a projected top 5 pick.

MrMarcello

Hank Gathers is another, but may be slightly biased as an LMU alum. I do think he was a projected top 5 pick.
Fair shout there, and possibly a bigger what if over Lewis who had played nearly six full seasons and probably peaked, same can be said for Petrovic as well who was a year older. We'll never know what peak Gathers is in the NBA.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Ad and lebron played well but the others didn't step up especially Dlo. If we don't win game 2 , this series is over.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, 2-0 and it is over. That 2nd game last season also broke the series.

Buuuut... When you take into account this is what 9 games in a row that Denver is taking @giorno is absolutely right from the start

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I really dislike the current Suns team. Most of them have achieved feck all in the playoffs but think they just need to show up and they’ll win. It’s the story this whole season, get shown up by a team that wants to win more and they’re toast.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I really dislike the current Suns team. Most of them have achieved feck all in the playoffs but think they just need to show up and they’ll win. It’s the story this whole season, get shown up by a team that wants to win more and they’re toast.
KD really needs to pick his teams better. Booker seems like he's more focused on off the field stuff than basketball.

MrMarcello

Let's ponder if KD were to leave, where would he go?
Who has the assets and/or cap room for him?
Would it be a situation where it costs so much the gaining team has like 3-5 players signed to contract afterwards?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Let's ponder if KD were to leave, where would he go?
Who has the assets and/or cap room for him?
Would it be a situation where it costs so much the gaining team has like 3-5 players signed to contract afterwards?
Since we are in silly mode. A straight swap with KAT. Durant's shorter contract fits the Wolves and Booker will be reunited with his best friend.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Celtics have dominated the Heat all day it appears, haven't watched a second of it though.

Kawhi ruled out for Game 1, should give the Mavs a solid advantage.
Heat went through a gruesome bricking patch, I think in the second. They seemed to be stuck on 36/38 points for about 10 possessions. It was always a tough task but it evaporated after that

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Clippers absolutely dominating the Mavs. Extremely stiffling defense, Mavs can't buy a bucket.

Mavs playing trash, even easy chances they're getting they are missing. 23% from the field.

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Clippers absolutely dominating the Mavs. Extremely stiffling defense, Mavs can't buy a bucket.

Mavs playing trash, even easy chances they're getting they are missing. 23% from the field.
30 points for the Mavs in the first half, painful stuff. Thought they’d be in with a great chance with no Kawhi but they've been awful

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
30 points for the Mavs in the first half, painful stuff. Thought they’d be in with a great chance with no Kawhi but they've been awful
Just saw that they had 8 points in the second quarter. Like, how does that happen. Must be a record for the least points in a quarter.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
havent watched dallas for a good year, turn on today and see same shit as before....every random big dude looks like prime Shaq against them.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
havent watched dallas for a good year, turn on today and see same shit as before....every random big dude looks like prime Shaq against them.
There was all this talk about Dallas getting bigger with Gafford, he's being bodied by Zubac of all people.

MrMarcello

Terrible performance.

With 0:54 remaining, Doncic and Irving have combined for 21 field goals made, 9 threes made, 15 free throws made while the rest of the team didn't show up. These two have 20 of the teams 41 rebounds. Rest of team is 10 of 35 field goals, 3 of 14 threes, 8 of 14 free throws. This won't win a game let alone a series.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not surprised by Clips winning the first game, usually happens that when a main player is out the others will step up at home.

Dallas will win the next couple, this is Harden's great playoff game of the series, like game 1 vs Celtics last season, and I wouldn't expect him to put in another performance like this till late in the series. Dallas will get a couple more wins, whether it's the series depends on when Kawhi comes back.

Real Name

Clippers absolutely dominated the Mavs. They went for their throat from the word go and really played energetic and powerful. Mavs looked like half asleep, esepcially Dončić, there was something of with him. I dont think they can be that bad in the 2nd game so its really important for Clippers that Kawhi gets back.

MrMarcello

Ross Perot Jr really fecked those late 90s Mavs sides. Went from having a blossoming future with Kidd, Jackson, and Mashburn, to having a collection of shit led by Shawn Bradley. Fortunately, Finley - acquired in the Kidd trade - and Nash - acquired after the 98 draft - developed and they conned the Bucks into trading their pick's drafts right for the Mavs draft rights to Robert Traylor... that Bucks pick was Dirk Nowitzki. But most importantly is Cuban bought the Mavs from Perot's grasp.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I’m confused, so it’s legal now to smack a shooter in the face with your follow through if he’s already shot the ball?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If the Lakers throw this away it’s 100% due to them inexplicably freezing out Davis in the second half. The offense this half looks nothing like the first half.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I now remember why I stopped watching the Lakers. Can’t wait to see the end of LeBron in LA.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There you go. Can't beat them at altitude, go back to LA with our morale under our feet and LeBron might have blown the huge game chip here...

Murray is a top 10 player in the league come the playoffs, and Jokic is prime Shaq...