NBA 2023-2024

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

Dang. Can't believe they're gonna play competitive basketball 3 hours away from where I live but I can't attend a ;) game because I'd have to give up a kidney for tickets.

That is one hell of a team.
You can live with one kidney.

Revan

Assumptionman

Dang. Can't believe they're gonna play competitive basketball 3 hours away from where I live but I can't attend a game because I'd have to give up a kidney for tickets.

That is one hell of a team.
This has to be one of the best roaster's of all time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's gonna rock to watch that team lose to SGA-lead Canada :drool: :drool: :drool:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The Lakers odds are tempting again. Which makes a lot of feckin sense considering they aren't even in the playoffs atm, but still..

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The Lakers odds are tempting again. Which makes a lot of feckin sense considering they aren't even in the playoffs atm, but still..
Pelicans favored by 1.5 points and Warriors favored by 2.5 points. My brother who is a Kings fan( and a liverpool and cowboys fan) doesn't think they will win tomorrow though. The loss of Monk has really affected them.

Jim Beam

Pelicans favored by 1.5 points and Warriors favored by 2.5 points. My brother who is a Kings fan( and a liverpool and cowboys fan) doesn't think they will win tomorrow though. The loss of Monk has really affected them.
Aye, the Kings fell apart since that injury. Still think it will be a close game as the Warriors are often unpredictable.

People will think am crazy but I was talking about the Lakers title odds. Now, I agree it is a long shot and both the Nuggets/Celtics are clear favorites against them. However, aside of those teams, I wouldn't have anyone as a favorite against the Lakers in a potential tie. That is why I think the odds are skewed now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Aye, the Kings fell apart since that injury. Still think it will be a close game as the Warriors are often unpredictable.

People will think am crazy but I was talking about the Lakers title odds. Now, I agree it is a long shot and both the Nuggets/Celtics are clear favorites against them. However, aside of those teams, I wouldn't have anyone as a favorite against the Lakers in a potential tie. That is why I think the odds are skewed now.
They do seem a little long at plus 3000. Knicks could be a good bet too at plus 4000.

Jim Beam

They do seem a little long at plus 3000. Knicks could be a good bet too at plus 4000.
Same as with the Clippers, am somewhat constant sceptic when it comes to the Knicks :D

Would be really surprised if someone manages to eliminate the Celtics before the finals.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Horrible shooting night from lebron and AD. Zion with a monster game but goes out injured with 3 minutes to go. Lakers up 2 with 40 seconds left

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Made it by the skin of our teeth. Will have to play much better to beat the nuggets. With this version of AD we have no chance

Charlie Foley

The Kings should be embarrassed it’s only a 4 point game.

Kuminga is night and day vs last year’s playoffs

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You know it's bad when you trust Draymond to make a 3 over Klay. Freaking hell just realised Klay is 0-10 and 0-6 from three

Jim Beam

The Warriors have that Jekyll and Hyde type of thing in them since their last title. Feel sorry for Curry, hopefully there is another season where he gets a chance for a deep playoff run.

Nuggets - Lakers it is. Lovely.

Jim Beam

Zion playing out of his mind and then going out with a non contact injury was unfortunate though. The Kings now obvious favorite to go against the Thunder. Didn't see the reports, but that has to be hamstring (or something similar) as he knew right away the game is over for him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Zion playing out of his mind and then going out with a non contact injury was unfortunate though. The Kings now obvious favorite to go against the Thunder. Didn't see the reports, but that has to be hamstring (or something similar) as he knew right away the game is over for him.
Yeah Lakers got lucky with that. He was playing really well too. Without him the Pelicans have no chance.

botond

Yeah Lakers got lucky with that. He was playing really well too. Without him the Pelicans have no chance.

Not sure about that luck , LA just closed out good .

Pels possessions after Zion injury:
Nance scores a 2
Murphy scores a 2
Alvarado turnover
Nance 1/2 from line
CJ scores a 2
CJ scores a 2
Nance scores a 2
CJ missed 3 at the end of game down 4

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not sure about that luck , LA just closed out good .

Pels possessions after Zion injury:
Nance scores a 2
Murphy scores a 2
Alvarado turnover
Nance 1/2 from line
CJ scores a 2
CJ scores a 2
Nance scores a 2
CJ missed 3 at the end of game down 4
Fair, even the last three pels scores were when they were down 4. D lo had a big steal then three that was key.

Zen

I never said he didn't get any help, I just countered your own classic argument "LeBron can only win with other superstars", which I find so strange that it's used so much to discredit LeBron but not others who've done exactly the same in the past.

Don't know what mental gymnastics I used either - Parker, Ginobili (you conveniently left out David Robinson) and Gasol are great players, All-Stars (All-NBA even) and Hall Of Famers. Just like Thompson and Draymond for Curry by the way. And of course LeBron also had help, but it's a far cry from the "he can't win with other superstars" imo, not worse nor better than what other stars have had in the past, that's all.

I'm not even a LeBron fan, he has his faults, but what you said is just crazy to me. He is neither the Warriors' daddy nor should it be used as a slight against him that he lost those series against them, especially with KD added to the equation.
With the exception of David Robinson, none of those players become hall of famers without the guidance of their leader.

LeBron isn’t capable of elevating others like that. AD, Wade, Kyrie, talent was already very clear thus they were chosen by him.

Despite knowing this, he still wants to be the one to directly mentor his own son!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
With the exception of David Robinson, none of those players become hall of famers without the guidance of their leader.

LeBron isn’t capable of elevating others like that. AD, Wade, Kyrie, talent was already very clear thus they were chosen by him.

Despite knowing this, he still wants to be the one to directly mentor his own son!
Meh don't agree. They don't become Hall of Famers because they wouldn't have won as many titles as they did if Duncan hadn't been around, but I wouldn't say he was a born natural leader or anything. Just led by example which is something LeBron is perfectly capable of.

AD never wins a title without LeBron either, needed to leave NOLA because it became quite clear he couldn't do it as the #1 option on a team imo. Kyrie likewise.

It's mad that Bronny has declared for the draft, he should be nowhere near consideration to play in the NBA at this point.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

You do know the NBA hall of fame is a joke right. To say they don't become hall of famers is silly when the place has people like Frank Ramsey, Vlade Divac, Sabonis sr, T-mac etc

Jim Beam

You do know the NBA hall of fame is a joke right. To say they don't become hall of famers is silly when the place has people like Frank Ramsey, Vlade Divac, Sabonis sr, T-mac etc
It's not only about NBA. Those two are basketball legends in every sense.

Marciulionis is another one who is rightly there. You don't have Doncic and Jokic today without these guys.

Jim Beam

Petrovic as well.
Absolutely.

Edit: Petrovic was my countryman, think that every Croat (who was old enough at the time), remembers where they were when the news broke he died in car accident. At the age of 28 and in his peak. Oh well, shit things happen in life :(

Last edited:

lex talionis

I was at Golden One last night. What an epic performance it was by the Kings. The competition is too tough for the Kings to expect a long run in the playoffs but what I saw last night was a team committed to an identity and to performing to their peak ability, individually and collectively.

Nothing like this version of Manchester United.

Charlie Foley

I was at Golden One last night. What an epic performance it was by the Kings. The competition is too tough for the Kings to expect a long run in the playoffs but what I saw last night was a team committed to an identity and to performing to their peak ability, individually and collectively.

Nothing like this version of Manchester United.
Nice, and congratulations on the win (if you’re a Kings fan). Mike Brown has done a good job there

Zen

All hall of fames are a joke, I don't watch not really care about them, but just change to whatever works. I just don't see any of Draymond, Klay, Ginobili, Parker and multiple others reaching the heights as individual players without Duncan and Curry. T-Mac had a higher peak than all 4 of them too, so not sure what your point there is.

I don't overly judge players on rings, I treat them as the player and the situations you are in. No one shits on Trout for not winning a world series. NBA has a broken obsession with chasing rings, unless your name is Chris Paul, when's that brother just gonna do his Gary Payton move already and get that chump ring for free.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
All hall of fames are a joke, I don't watch not really care about them, but just change to whatever works. I just don't see any of Draymond, Klay, Ginobili, Parker and multiple others reaching the heights as individual players without Duncan and Curry. T-Mac had a higher peak than all 4 of them too, so not sure what your point there is.

I don't overly judge players on rings, I treat them as the player and the situations you are in. No one shits on Trout for not winning a world series. NBA has a broken obsession with chasing rings, unless your name is Chris Paul, when's that brother just gonna do his Gary Payton move already and get that chump ring for free.
The NFL one is at least tough to get into although they played themselves with the TO thing. I think ginobli is easily better than divac. They all benefited from their situations but pretty much all players do.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
With the exception of David Robinson, none of those players become hall of famers without the guidance of their leader
Ginobili and Parker obviously make the HoF anyways and without Timmy the lasting image of Robinson's career is getting eviscerated by Olajuwon as the incumbent league MVP