NBA 2023-2024

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I mean the Lakers have been up double digits in every game of the series, so they have been better for a large part of it but haven't had the ability to closeout games.

Denver need to take game 5 as a game 7 and settle this before it goes back to Crypto Arena. I'm worried they won't settle it there.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
since you started following nba, who are top 3(or 5) overrated players?
1) Paul Pierce - He’s basically Danny Granger that lucked out by playing for the Celtics instead of the Pacers.

2) Dame - Can’t defend, has a bigger green light than Steph but he’s not as good despite all the crap about Dame time.

3) Tatum - Despite the media trying to make it seem like he belongs to Jokic/Luka/Embiid’s tier, he’s not even as good as pre-injury PG. The American media just want to convince themselves that they still have players that belong to the best player in the league conversation after LeBron/Steph is gone.

4) Trae - He’s basically Dame 2.0.

5) Pat Bev - Someone this joker has a long career in the NBA with a reputation for being a good defender. If he even gets called for 10% of the fouls he does, he won’t even last 5 mins on the court. He’s crap.

mav_9me

I never knew Embiid was so dirty. Clocked Brunson off the ball as he was going past him. Then had a 2nd stamp on Hart on the floor after accidental first stamp.

Adding video of stamp on Hart.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Doncic is having a truly terrible post season, it's ironic it's coming off the back of his best regular season.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I never knew Embiid was so dirty. Clocked Brunson off the ball as he was going past him. Then had a 2nd stamp on Hart on the floor after accidental first stamp.

Adding video of stamp on Hart.

He holds the ball high in his pre-shot steps and flares his elbows….and uses them to clobber people. Check out this beauty from the regular season:

Anyway, he was useless today, favouring foul-baiting over open shots

Meller

I think coaches should be able to challenge every single call becuase there's not enough stoppages in the game right now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Kyrie is INSANE! He's had a ton of turnovers himself by man he's made so many big, tough, shots.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Fluke three by George who just threw it up. Then Irving misses a forced layup in traffic and foul-and-bucket at other end shifts it right back to LA's favor. Feck.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Fluke three by George who just threw it up. Then Irving misses a forced layup in traffic and foul-and-bucket at other end shifts it right back to LA's favor. Feck.
Wasn't a fluke, he's been hot all night. Insane skill for that shot.

Harden just cooking PJ Washington in the last 2 plays, seals it for the Clips.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
they need to trade 2 of their big 3 if not all of them for some picks over the next few years or else they’re truly fecked.
Bradley Beal is set to make 50 million plus next year, and the next, and the next...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
they need to trade 2 of their big 3 if not all of them for some picks over the next few years or else they’re truly fecked.
They do actually own some first round picks as you can’t trade them all but they are all encumbered in swap deals. Some of them won’t materialize though, eg this year they will make their pick where they are supposed to make it.

They won’t be able to get anything for Beal and it’s probably past the point where teams would offer much value for Durant either. Trading Booker could fetch them a lot but then it’s probably still too late to build around Durant anyway, Booker is by far their best player. They are in a pretty horrible place. Their only hope is being lucky with free agent acquisitions and those rare draft picks they will be able to still make.

Real Name

Great by Clippers. After losing a 31 point advantage and Dallas getting back 2 times they managed to win. Irving was on fire and near the end of the 3rd it looked it will go Dallas way, but Harden took matters into his own hands and scored about 11, 12 points in a row to close that one out. Incredible 3 pointer from a tuff position from PG too, I think it was about 2 minutes till the end, that were crucial 3 points.

Dončić, as much as a great player he is, has become a totally irritating figure, constantly moaning, yelling, crying and I dont even want to mention flopping where he goes into a contact with his body to initiate a foul and NBA refs are happy to oblige. Some of the stuff refs gave to the Mavs yesterday was crazy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They do actually own some first round picks as you can’t trade them all but they are all encumbered in swap deals. Some of them won’t materialize though, eg this year they will make their pick where they are supposed to make it.

They won’t be able to get anything for Beal and it’s probably past the point where teams would offer much value for Durant either. Trading Booker could fetch them a lot but then it’s probably still too late to build around Durant anyway, Booker is by far their best player. They are in a pretty horrible place. Their only hope is being lucky with free agent acquisitions and those rare draft picks they will be able to still make.
If I'm not mistaken because they are a second apron team, they can't package players or picks in trades, they don't have the MLE and they are limited to minimum contracts. Also iirc if they don't make a move, they lose a roster spot in 2025?

I forgot to mention that they can't trade picks until draft night either.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Minnesota has a good chance to beat the Nuggets next round. I'll be rooting for them or OKC to stop Boston in the finals.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If I'm not mistaken because they are a second apron team, they can't package players or picks in trades, they don't have the MLE and they are limited to minimum contracts. Also iirc if they don't make a move, they lose a roster spot in 2025?

I forgot to mention that they can't trade picks until draft night either.
All correct. I don’t think they would be trading the picks anyway, they need low salary players they would be in full control of to fill out the roster. They just need to get lucky with them hitting the ground running (rare) as well as be able to pick up good minimum salary players in the market (also rare). They won’t be able to trade for anybody anytime soon.

Skåre Willoch

Anyway, he was useless today, favouring foul-baiting over open shots
He summed it up in the closing seconds, when he passed up a wide open mid range jumper to drive the basket hoping for a foul.
I realize he's a very good (great?) player - but he's impossible to root for.

JPRouve

Scout

Ant is right. Funnily enough yesterday I wondered if Ant would say that to KAT at some point.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It seems like only yesterday Phoenix were terrible and they are about to be right back there again.

Built a team for an NBA that has moved on.

Poor Charles...

stepic

Minnesota has a good chance to beat the Nuggets next round. I'll be rooting for them or OKC to stop Boston in the finals.
yeah wolves are definitely my adopted team for the playoffs. Edwards is just so fun to watch and gotta love his mentality

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He summed it up in the closing seconds, when he passed up a wide open mid range jumper to drive the basket hoping for a foul.
I realize he's a very good (great?) player - but he's impossible to root for.
Exactly. He has a great midrange jumper as well, just use it ffs

Ant is right. Funnily enough yesterday I wondered if Ant would say that to KAT at some point.
And here’s a player impossible to NOT root for….I don’t care who he knocks up

JPRouve

Scout
He's the perfect teammate for someone like KAT. Knows how to push his buttons and keep him engaged.
By all accounts, he is a great teammate. He is always positive, tells hard truth to his teammates and about himself. And he is a hard worker.

It's difficult to not follow someone that works hard and probably harder than you but is also having a laugh with everyone. That part was likely underestimated pre-draft even though it was mentioned by Crean.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/10/27/anthony-edwards-nba-draft-tom-crean
The thing that’s a separator for me, if I’ve got to sum it up, outside of all the talent and upside, is that Anthony is one of the greatest teammates I’ve had the privilege of coaching. The way he cares about others, how engaging and involved he is with them. For a young man, he’s got an incredible level of empathy. I don’t try to make comparisons so much when I’ve coached Dwyane Wade and Victor Oladipo. But when you look at their talent level mixed with what kind of teammates they are, what kind of empathy they have as human beings, that’s where I see tremendous similarities [to Anthony]. Different backgrounds, different pathways, but the teammate quality to go with the talent, it’s there. It just needs to be brought out in him now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah he reminds me of CJ Stroud. Just uber talented but also great dudes and incredible teammates. Deep burning desire to be the best as well.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
He's one of the dirtiest in the league, actually approaching Draymond Green levels. The amount of stuff he pulled in Game 3 was insane. "Moving screen" if you could even call it that on OG after an inbounds pass knocking him down on purpose, trying to injure Robinson by pulling on his knee. Worst part is he gets away with everything. I don't understand how this free throw merchant has so many fans.