NBA 2023-2024

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
While I wouldn't be surprised if he did, it was only his thoughts and not what he said.

Edit: Though his response to Bleacher report is pretty good.

Fair enough. That’s a shame. I was kinda hoping he did say it. I liked it.

Feck bleacher report though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
FIBA world cup started. My country Lebanon has qualified. We're gonna get murdered by France Canada and Latvia but at least we're here. Hopefully no massive humiliating score lines.

massi83

They have fecked up the court ads on Okinawa. Slippery as feck, somebody will get hurt.

Terrible group for Finland as Aussies and Germany are team-oriented, whereas Finland is much better against individual-oriented teams

Slevs

As expected, being somewhat humiliated but a respectable score line so far.
The difference in movement during offense is just, oooff.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
FIBA world cup started. My country Lebanon has qualified. We're gonna get murdered by France Canada and Latvia but at least we're here. Hopefully no massive humiliating score lines.
Good luck!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's funny watching all these insecure NBA players like Durant cry about the Noah Lyles comments. And he's 100% right as well; the "world champs" thing is cringe as feck, and they're even trying to justify it "because the NBA champs would win in every other league in the world as well". Arseholes :lol:

Zen

He's not really right though is he? Creating some World thing would be a totally pointless exercise and waste of time created purely to end such comments over anything else.... the NBA team wouldn't really care either, similar to how the CL winners barely care in that Club World Cup thing.

Pettiness at it's finest. But it's Americans fighting themselves, so that's all fun :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's funny watching all these insecure NBA players like Durant cry about the Noah Lyles comments. And he's 100% right as well; the "world champs" thing is cringe as feck, and they're even trying to justify it "because the NBA champs would win in every other league in the world as well". Arseholes :lol:
The NBA stopped calling the winners the world champions since Silver took over though

Slevs

Yeah just reeks of insecurity to be honest. He was 100% correct.

Slevs

Half time, 37-38 against the mighty France, is the dream alive? :nervous:

Slevs

Stupidity costs us again, even with France not playing any centers. Sigh

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That chart never cease to amaze me, especially when so many people have no idea that McDaniels exist.

massi83

BOGDAN
BOGDANO
BOGDANOVI
BOGDANOVIC
IS A GREAT PLAYER ON
NATION
NATION
NATION LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL

massi83

Lithuania should have lost on purpose to US, Italy by far the weakest team in qf.

massi83

Ger-US should be great, unless Schröder continues to be an idiot

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The moaning and behavior after the ejection was pathetic by Luka today.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Just seen one of the dumbest metrics in NBA history. It is one that ranks the most underpaid and overpaid players of all time. The top 5 most underpaid are LeBron, Giannis, Jokic, Doncic and Harden. Steph Curry is ranked 27th. Somebody needs to tell these folks that Lacob purchased the Dubs for 450 million back in 2010, they are now worth (according to Forbes) a little over 7 billion. Without Curry, the Dubs would not be worth a fraction of that. Also Steph was on a giveaway contract for a good part of his early career.

Morons!!!!!

EDIT: Just looked it up. James Harden's career earnings are just over 301 million, Steph is a little under 303 million. They were both drafted in 2009 (14 seasons). Yet according to this metric Harden is way more underpaid than Curry. Madness!

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
I haven’t been watching this but why Jokic is scoring like 8 points, a rebound and an assist instead of the usual 30-15-10 he does in NBA?

JuriM

Usa are out
Well not out, playing for Bronze with Canada :D

But I see your point. on 3rd quater they should have taken a step back and actually play some defence also.

Last edited:

massi83

Germany just won... 113 : 111
Yes. Schröder wasn't an idiot like in qf, actually he was great, as he often is for you. Germany has been in the medals twice in the WC, both times coached by a Finn, so you are welcome!

Bogdanovic gets to show why he is the MVP in the final and US media gets the US-Canada game they wanted. Everybody wins!

Zen

The fact that almost no one actually knows a "World" basketball competition is actually on is proving Noah Lyles was totally wrong. But dudes profile gone through the roof with the easy click bait comment.

massi83

The fact that almost no one actually knows a "World" basketball competition is actually on is proving Noah Lyles was totally wrong. But dudes profile gone through the roof with the easy click bait comment.
No one in US maybe.

And he is not wrong, NBA/NFL/MLB players calling themselves world champions is hilarious. Doesn't mean it isn't the biggest competition or biggest prize for those sports.

massi83

Congrats to Canada for its first NBA Cup copper medallion!

This version of Dillon Brooks, who only takes good shots and doesn't do dumb shit, is a very good basketball player.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hello fellow basketball fans, finally a game where the ball gets put into a net and we (Germany) do well

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Hello fellow basketball fans, finally a game where the ball gets put into a net and we (Germany) do well
I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek. I remember Gary Lineker telling a story years ago about football. He said it was a game played by 22 players who run around for 90 minutes and then the Germans win.

Pretty accurate I'd say.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek. I remember Gary Lineker telling a story years ago about football. He said it was a game played by 22 players who run around for 90 minutes and then the Germans win.

Pretty accurate I'd say.
It's been a while since it's been accurate, sadly :lol:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
It's been a while since it's been accurate, sadly :lol:
A "while" is relative. Your lot have won the World Cup in the last 10 years. We have been waiting for it to "come home" for over half a century.

As for basketball. I wouldn't be surprised if some college teams could beat our national team.

Just be thankful for what you have. I'm just glad we've got our women's team.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

He was already in a precarious situation in Houston as he was no longer the lead PG with FVV coming in, and we used a high lottery pick draft our (potentially) future franchise PG and he certainly isn’t starting over Green at SG, so his best case was probably 6th man, which would actually have suited him really well. It’s frustrating because everyone in Houston, as well as KPJ himself, worked really hard over the last 2-3 years on his personal issues. We’ll obviously wait to see what the outcome of this case will be but it’s not looking good for him.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Looks like LeBron is recruiting for a kind of "Last Dance" at next year's Olympics. Supposedly, he's already talked to Steph, KD, Jayson Tatum, AD and Draymond about playing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

He was already in a precarious situation in Houston as he was no longer the lead PG with FVV coming in, and we used a high lottery pick draft our (potentially) future franchise PG and he certainly isn’t starting over Green at SG, so his best case was probably 6th man, which would actually have suited him really well. It’s frustrating because everyone in Houston, as well as KPJ himself, worked really hard over the last 2-3 years on his personal issues. We’ll obviously wait to see what the outcome of this case will be but it’s not looking good for him.
Bloody hell. He strangled her so hard he cracked her neck? Get him the feck out of the league.