NBA 2023-2024

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Re: Doncic - he's clearly banged up and the combination of that plus Dort's defence is severely limiting him on offence. The other side of the coin though is he's defending his arse off :eek: and what do you know...when he's engaged he's actually a good defender :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Malone has decided to treat Antman like he's Michael Jordan for real, and it worked. Potential game 7 in Denver, Joker isn't losing this. Sorry @JPRouve. Then again as a Wolves fan you probably expected this :lol:

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Jokic played a monumental game. Looks like Denver were written off too quickly.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What does this mean for @Sarni ‘s trip? I forget
Looking better than a week ago right now but I doubt it will be game 7. Seems Denver has them on the ropes and it might be done after next game, so it’s all about OKC v Dallas outcome.

These semifinals have actually been quite boring as individual games, too many blowouts and games that are done well before the end. We’ve had about 3 or 4 close ones so far in all series combined.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who had Jalen Brunson is really Isiah Thomas on his bingo card?

Best player in the playoffs so far

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unreal, he had something else in his game. Like a "you can't stop me" attitude
The reality is Gobert *can't* stop him - no one can, yet - and the Nuggets turned this series around simply by...forcing the wolves into making Gobert guard him 1vs1...

Honestly, Wolves should drop Gobert at this point. As great as he is on defence, it's useless in this series now because he has to guard a guy he can't guard 1vs1, so he's getting cooked and he can't play help defence, and he simultaneously doesn't offer enough on offence to make up for it. With the Nuggets systematic doubling of Edwards 25 feet from the basket the Wolves need more playmakers who can punish that choice

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The reality is Gobert *can't* stop him - no one can, yet - and the Nuggets turned this series around simply by...forcing the wolves into making Gobert guard him 1vs1...

Honestly, Wolves should drop Gobert at this point. As great as he is on defence, it's useless in this series now because he has to guard a guy he can't guard 1vs1, so he's getting cooked and he can't play help defence, and he simultaneously doesn't offer enough on offence to make up for it. With the Nuggets systematic doubling of Edwards 25 feet from the basket the Wolves need more playmakers who can punish that choice
Conley being out is a big problem

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Jokic was absolute phenomenal but the coverage post match on TNT was absolutely disgraceful. Shaq and Charles weren't there with Carter and Draymond replacing them and the level of discourse was what I would expect from 10 years olds.

Draymond couldn't shut up about blaming everything on Gobert and refusing to discuss anything else about the game, it was clear he had only one thing on his mind and that was to sh*t talk Gobert whenever he had the chance to speak. I really hope they don't invite him back or that Draymond gets a lot of backlash, a lot of talk for someone who couldn't even get out of the play-in.

I don't understand the general hate players have for Gobert, teams he's been in haven't been successful in the playoffs but to blame all of that on him is stupid, especially for those who saw a bit of Utah in the playoffs.

Including Draymond making everything about Gobert, they were also saying that Jokic took this battle against the DPOY personally. Anyone who has listened to a bit of Joker and his teammates would know making a game about a personal battle is the last thing he'll do, he's only about winning and making the best decision to get that win. He was probably feeling it early today and decided the best option was to try and go one on one against his defender and therefore did that. Doesn't mean he went on the court thinking I'm going to embarrass anyone, utterly moronic take.

I love NBA on TNT but today was horrible.

Ironically the worst game Jokic has had in that playoffs were when Gobert was in France and Naz Reid played. That being said, Jokic was scoring on Reid today as well but Reid is a more versatile offensive threat than Gobert (despite Gobert getting 18 points today).

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Re: Doncic - he's clearly banged up and the combination of that plus Dort's defence is severely limiting him on offence. The other side of the coin though is he's defending his arse off :eek: and what do you know...when he's engaged he's actually a good defender :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Malone has decided to treat Antman like he's Michael Jordan for real, and it worked. Potential game 7 in Denver, Joker isn't losing this. Sorry @JPRouve. Then again as a Wolves fan you probably expected this :lol:
Don't be sorry, I expected it because they have the better starting 5. Malone made the proper adjustments and the more talented team is cruising.

stepic

Just took a look at the 2014 draft again out of interest, insane the Joker was picked 41st. Then noticed who picked 40th - Minnesota :)

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Shaq was conspicuously absent on TNT post-game last night. Vince Carter filled in for him. :lol:
What's more he made the DPOY look like a Turkish G-League player and left with zero turnovers too.
Don't get the hate against Shaq when he said SGA should be MVP. That wasn't a horrific take at all and him saying it to Jokic was Shaq being candid, and I'm pretty sure Jokic did not mind that because Jokic isn't that type of guy to obsess over individual accolades. Shaq still acknowledged that he's the best big man in the game (I think he also said best player in the world but not sure).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cs make the East finals for the 6th time in 8 years in the Tatum-Brown era

Big Luka game after poor Luka game seems to be the trend this postseason. Mavs defence still giving OKC fits. I still maintain that the Lakers would have beaten anyone other than the Nuggets - and maybe the Wolves. Pity how the play-ins shaked out :keano:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Damn Wolves started this game like a runaway bullet train. Insane first quarter.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
After watching the highlights of game 5 and Jokers masterclass I was not expecting to see that result this morning.

JPRouve

Scout
This series is frustrating because I know that the Wolves are good but I'm also convinced that long term this roster isn't good enough. And I don't know what changes they can make.

Sarni

Does this mean you’re going to the decider?
Yes! Got my tickets bought on VividSeats already. Flying to Denver in a few minutes, the timing could not have been any better.

Fallon d'Floor

Really strange game.

Nobody put up big numbers for either team. The Nuggets really struggled to shoot the ball. Too many turnovers. Joker was the only one who performed to an acceptable level.

A big game is required from Jamal Murray in game 7.

JPRouve

Scout
The reason the series is strange and both teams are able to beat the brakes off the other is because they are on opposite ends when it comes to their style. One team is an offensive juggernauts while the other is a defensive juggernauts, if either of these teams get the upper hand in their favored area the other has nearly no chance. If Wolves contest shots at a high level and contain Denver's attack, they easily win, if they can't Denver easily win. And they have the ability to actually do it.

In the games that I have seen the same dynamic applied to Celtics vs Denver.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This series is frustrating because I know that the Wolves are good but I'm also convinced that long term this roster isn't good enough. And I don't know what changes they can make.
You are in a 7 game series with the Nuggets bro. How are you not enjoying this? :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
You are in a 7 game series with the Nuggets bro. How are you not enjoying this? :lol:
I enjoy it but I want it to last. We can't go back to being basement dwellers after tasting the good stuff.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yes! Got my tickets bought on VividSeats already. Flying to Denver in a few minutes, the timing could not have been any better.
That’s amazing, do yourself a favour and go for a drink at Terminal Bar at Union Station, it’s a great little bar.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I enjoy it but I want it to last. We can't go back to being basement dwellers after tasting the good stuff.
I hear you, that comment just seemed so miserable in the midst of your best season in recent memory :D

Sarni

That’s amazing, do yourself a favour and go for a drink at Terminal Bar at Union Station, it’s a great little bar.
Will give it a try! We aren’t really going to be in Denver much, going to Colorado Springs and we’ll be traveling for the game from there, then going to Estes Park and northbound to Teton/Yellowstone, then Oregon/Seattle. Denver is just tonight and then a couple of hours for the game.

Real Name

Will give it a try! We aren’t really going to be in Denver much, going to Colorado Springs and we’ll be traveling for the game from there, then going to Estes Park and northbound to Teton/Yellowstone, then Oregon/Seattle. Denver is just tonight and then a couple of hours for the game.
You lucky bastard you.