NBA 2023-2024

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I know what you said, I was talking about the overall narrative. But your second point is even more important, he never wins it singlehandedly, the Wolves base everything on defense and sharing the ball on offense. Wolves generally wins by having a handful of player scoring double digits points, not playing iso and by playing team defense otherwise they lose.
Yes. Which is why I thought they would lose. In particular the 2 guys I trusted the least in a game 7 like that were your best players in the game :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes. Which is why I thought they would lose. In particular the 2 guys I trusted the least in a game 7 like that were your best players in the game :lol:
Kat isn't really surprising, as long as he isn't in foul trouble early, he is a very efficient scorer and he is by far the best offensive player in the team. McDaniels is a bit strange because he has all the tools to average between 15 and 20 points but he is extremely inconsistent for no apparent reason, though I think that he is going to fix it overtime.

I say no apparent reason but there is a trend, when he has been heavily involved due to injuries, he has always upped his production and efficiency. Which could point to the idea that he struggles with very low usage, iirc he also isn't that comfortable with very high usage.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That was crazy three from Brown to force the overtime. The Celtics got away with this one, but they still don't look convincing.

Jim Beam

Cracking game. Luka and Kyrie are playing great defense and Kompany will become Bayern coach. We are definitely approaching some Armageddon scenario.

Props to the Mavs. Still expecting this series to be split 2-2 after 4 games, but it should be great and close one.

Assuming Boston goes through - who's a better match up for them in the finals?
On first look I would say Mavs (better for Boston I mean) as the Celtics have best perimeter defense in the league and can throw Jrue, White, Tatum and Brown at Luka and Kyrie. But the Celtics are so weird. They will shoot their 45-50 threes no metter if they are hitting them or not. If they hit >35% they will win, less than that and they will probably lose. The opponent can be Detroit Pistons.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
people pay way to much attention to regular season and circus basketball....the second playoff starts and real ball begins you see who are the players and who are pretenders.

ps: time for that ring luka

Šjor Bepo

also, i only remember as he was my favorite player but a lot of people here were constantly shitting on jason kidd, before he even start to manage mavs and even during his tenure....i wonder whats the opinion now?

they continue to play amazing offensively, became damn good defensively, team has proper character, dealt with hot potato kyrie better then anyone could even imagine....one of the best coaches in the league surely?

Jim Beam

Wow, what a game and what a shot by Luka. That was an awful call (rule) on McDaniels, if the Wolves somehow get a basket on that possession it is most likely game over.

But the Mavs are playing brilliantly on both ends and are full of confidence. You just can't give them any chance and if the game is tight you are pretty much shitting your pants seeing Luka and Kyrie on the other side.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
also, i only remember as he was my favorite player but a lot of people here were constantly shitting on jason kidd, before he even start to manage mavs and even during his tenure....i wonder whats the opinion now?

they continue to play amazing offensively, became damn good defensively, team has proper character, dealt with hot potato kyrie better then anyone could even imagine....one of the best coaches in the league surely?
Might start a campaign to make Hot Potato an official nickname

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m torn between a natural inclination to want all Dallas teams to lose (plus feck Mark Cuban) and a love for Luka.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That final Pacers play was great, you just know that’ll be a mainstay - just run 4 verticals for an open three :lol:

Series going as expected, the Pacers are no match for Boston. It’s a damn shame in the West that the series isn’t going to Dallas tied up at 1 a piece. Don’t see the Wolves coming back from this because Dallas will win at least one at home imo, but never say never.

Charlie Foley

I’m torn between a natural inclination to want all Dallas teams to lose (plus feck Mark Cuban) and a love for Luka.
This is where I’m at. It helps that I’ve no love for the TWolves or Celtics and Pacers don’t have a shot. Process of elimination I guess, let’s go fatty

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This is where I’m at. It helps that I’ve no love for the TWolves or Celtics and Pacers don’t have a shot. Process of elimination I guess, let’s go fatty
How can you not root for Minnesota? First time in their franchise history that they are relevant this deep into the playoffs, and Edwards is friggin amazing. Will become the face of the league after this season imo.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
My disdain for NE teams far outweighs my feelings towards Dallas for sure. Not really arsed about the others either way.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How can you not root for Minnesota? First time in their franchise history that they are relevant this deep into the playoffs, and Edwards is friggin amazing. Will become the face of the league after this season imo.
Maybe it’s my NFL tinted glasses but I dislike the Vikings so for me I feel a weird vibe with Twolves too

Šjor Bepo

how can you be face of the league if you are not best in the league?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
how can you be face of the league if you are not best in the league?
Therein is the issue with American sports. It's not about who is the best, it's about who is the most marketable. Who would you want to hold-up as one of the best in your league? A young kid who plays like, and has the attitude of, the greatest playes of all time or a European who looks unfit and says he enjoys playing with horses more than basketball.

Šjor Bepo

Therein is the issue with American sports. It's not about who is the best, it's about who is the most marketable. Who would you want to hold-up as one of the best in your league? A young kid who plays like, and has the attitude of, the greatest playes of all time or a European who looks unfit and says he enjoys playing with horses more than basketball.
sure but was there ever a face of the league that wasnt the best?
do you even need a face of the league at this stage?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
sure but was there ever a face of the league that wasnt the best?
do you even need a face of the league at this stage?
Nah, and in fact the whole concept is a bit daft seeing a the nba has no competition. It’s not like say La Liga vs the Premier league

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's been Jordan, Kobe, then LeBron imo between 1991 and now. Perhaps Shaq for a few years between Jordan and Kobe but not sure.

Curry, LeBron, Durant are all at the end of their careers. Giannis isn't European and doesn't like the media attention enough / isn't marketable enough, Jokic is almost 30 so too old (and doesn't remotely care enough either). Perhaps Luka could fit the mould, Tatum as well although for me he is in the tier juuuuust below absolute superstar status.

Ant is funny off the court, exciting on the court, still only 22 years old, American, with room to improve - ideal and obvious fit really for me. And Wemby might join him as well.

Face of the league doesn't equal best player at all but is more of a "who would your average Joe on the street (in Europe/Asia/... or the US) recognize or mention as a name in the NBA that he/she knows. Even if LeBron hasn't been the best player in the league for half a decade or so now, he'd still be mentioned before the likes of Jokic and even Curry I think.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe it’s my NFL tinted glasses but I dislike the Vikings so for me I feel a weird vibe with Twolves too
Fair enough - never felt it with Minnesota teams either but I'm a huge Jefferson and Edwards fan.

stepic

Luka is better than Edwards right now. If Edwards wants to be the new Jordan/face of league then he’ll have to beat Luka to get there.

Edwards isn’t even in the all nba team yet let alone best player.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Edwards is that flavor of the month we often see in sports, because he put in some spectacular highlights recently. Yeah, he's got great potential but face of the league is just recency flavor bias. And ludicrous Jordan comparisons inflate such.

If Dallas wins it this year it's surely Luka for a year or so, but it's probably Wemby in due time.