NBA 2023-2024

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He was 2nd team all nba this year
Which is what granted him access to the supermax, no?

He's fine, but he's also 27, a 2-time All-Star in 7 seasons and unlikely to (largely) improve on his game from here on out. It's just funny that he's a record-deal signing player, someone I'd consider "fine" but nothing much more than that.

Probably biased since he plays for the Celtics, but still :D

Zen

Shits just circumstantial really isn't it. Looks like it will potentially be beaten by Jamal Murray next and then rotation will go back to the big boys who are at least of age to sign 5-year whopper contracts.

I mean, they are mostly now realizing Saudi have serious money. So they'll fishing to create a fake retirement league there in no time anyway.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
what was this about?
The usual stuff from Green. Rehashing the Jordan Poole situation, and then to try and throw a kink into this year's season as well, mentioning how he didn't understand or get along with Kuminga (It's not difficult to guess who Stephen A. Smith's source was for all the negative stuff that came out about Kuminga last year) and then to top it all, how he said he hated Chris Paul and just because he's now a team mate don't expect him to walk that back etc....

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The usual stuff from Green. Rehashing the Jordan Poole situation, and then to try and throw a kink into this year's season as well, mentioning how he didn't understand or get along with Kuminga (It's not difficult to guess who Stephen A. Smith's source was for all the negative stuff that came out about Kuminga last year) and then to top it all, how he said he hated Chris Paul and just because he's now a team mate don't expect him to walk that back etc....
He loves the sound of his voice too much. The only time I wanna listen to Draymond green is after GS playoff games.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lillard trade is taking too long. I was hoping to get it done by the end of month and not risk having to call him back for camp but it’s looking somewhat likely that he will start the season as a Blazer.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Legend of the game and a surefire HOF'er.

The Finals G2 play against Orlando and the Finals G7 play against the Celtics are his biggest plays for me, especially the latter one was when I finally felt some relief being up 6 after a truly nerve-wrecking Game 7 against our biggest rivals. What a player.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Queta signed with the kings, we keep a player in the nba, hopefully he can get some more minutes this season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

The Finals G2 play against Orlando and the Finals G7 play against the Celtics are his biggest plays for me, especially the latter one was when I finally felt some relief being up 6 after a truly nerve-wrecking Game 7 against our biggest rivals. What a player.
Fantastic player. Came up huge in the finals against the bum ass Celtics.

Sandyman

Just have to laugh at this point. Absolute shambles of an offseason

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Harden could have declined the option and been a free agent, am I correct?

So, he excised the option to get more money this season?
He was promised that they’ll offer him more money this year if he opted out but they didn’t even bother to negotiate with him which was why he decided to play safe and exercised his option. Nobody else has money to sign him to the contract he wants.

Baneofthegame

Also a great guy as well, continued to support and be around Kobes family after his death.

But absolutely deserved and came up with some huge plays when we needed him the most.

Harden could have declined the option and been a free agent, am I correct?

So, he excised the option to get more money this season?
While I don’t like Harden, he took less money to help the team under the pretence they would offer him a max extension, which they then didn’t even negotiate with him.

Pretty easy to see why he’s not happy, Morley has previous with this as well.

elmo

Also a great guy as well, continued to support and be around Kobes family after his death.

But absolutely deserved and came up with some huge plays when we needed him the most.

While I don’t like Harden, he took less money to help the team under the pretence they would offer him a max extension, which they then didn’t even negotiate with him.

Would be hilarious if Sixers get hit with charges for trying to tamper with salary cap :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He was promised that they’ll offer him more money this year if he opted out but they didn’t even bother to negotiate with him which was why he decided to play safe and exercised his option. Nobody else has money to sign him to the contract he wants.

I thought he wanting to go elsewhere but knew only Philly could give him the most. So he took the money while there may also be a foul by the organization, nonetheless, Harden had control of his own destiny but courted max contract above all else. Am I right or not being fair?

elmo

I thought he wanting to go elsewhere but knew only Philly could give him the most. So he took the money while there may also be a foul by the organization, nonetheless, Harden had control of his own destiny but courted max contract above all else. Am I right or not being fair?
It’s not even about max contract, there’s just no cap space available and the only offer he’s getting if he opted out is the vet’s minimum.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

Morey basically fecked him over by leaving it till late into free agency before letting him know they’re not giving him the contract they promised him.

If he was told about it earlier, he would have opted out while teams still had cap space for him to get a decent contract.

MrMarcello

It’s not even about max contract, there’s just no cap space available and the only offer he’s getting if he opted out is the vet’s minimum.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

Morey basically fecked him over by leaving it till late into free agency before letting him know they’re not giving him the contract they promised him.

If he was told about it earlier, he would have opted out while teams still had cap space for him to get a decent contract.
This seems contradictory. Are you referring to now versus then?

MrMarcello

More than Dillion Brooks at the very least or if there’s a team desperate enough, the max.
Not a bad contract but I know how these stars crave the most, don't blame them in most circumstances but I find his both on Harden and management. Harden could have controlled his own destiny but wanted a max when he's not a max guy these days in my mind - not that my opinion matters in such.

What are the CBA rules in regards to salary if a player refuses to report and/or play? No pay? Fines that basically eliminate the pay?

elmo

Not a bad contract but I know how these stars crave the most, don't blame them in most circumstances but I find his both on Harden and management. Harden could have controlled his own destiny but wanted a max when he's not a max guy these days in my mind - not that my opinion matters in such.

What are the CBA rules in regards to salary if a player refuses to report and/or play? No pay? Fines that basically eliminate the pay?
they can’t do anything. Just do the Ben Simmons defense and claim they’re not in the right head space to play or they’re not healthy.

Baneofthegame

He initially took less money for a year to help the team under the pretence he was going to be offered a max deal this off-season, which the 76ers basically said “nope”.

So while you could argue it was on good faith which ended up going bad, really they screwed him as I’m sure someone like Houston would have offered him a max deal at the start of free agency.

sport2793

Also if he gets traded he will keep his Bird rights which means he can resign to a contract of his choosing with any team. It's pretty remarkable when you think of how Harden has kept his Bird rights while seeking out his 4th team in only a few years.

elmo

Also if he gets traded he will keep his Bird rights which means he can resign to a contract of his choosing with any team. It's pretty remarkable when you think of how Harden has kept his Bird rights while seeking out his 4th team in only a few years.
Not really, all it just means is that he has never left through free agency.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

This is silly, he scored one during an actual game and now he is sharing his new found range. Gobert 2024 Three Points Contest winner? :lol:

elmo

This is silly, he scored one during an actual game and now he is sharing his new found range. Gobert 2024 Three Points Contest winner? :lol:
Players can do this when they’re unguarded in practice. Doing it in actual games is a totally different matter though.

Or I’m too pessimistic and Gobert will turn out to be Brook Lopez 2.0 and be a stretch 5 starting this season.

JPRouve

Scout
Players can do this when they’re unguarded in practice. Doing it in actual games is a totally different matter though.

Or I’m too pessimistic and Gobert will turn out to be Brook Lopez 2.0 and be a stretch 5 starting this season.
The second sentence wasn't serious but he did score in an actual game two weeks ago. He described it as like losing his virginity.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Interesting from Steph on Gilbert Arenas podcast. When asked who was the best PG ever, he said he thought it was himself. As much as I like Steph, Magic was a better PG. I actually think there is an argument that Steph is a better player and if I was picking an all time starting 5 I would pick him to play point because there are other players on that team who could dole out the assists (LeBron for instance). Steph's shooting is incomparable, so I just couldn't leave him off.

Once again, however, I reiterate, Magic - best PG ever and its not that close.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Your boy is dropping bars here :lol: @JPRouve

While I wouldn't be surprised if he did, it was only his thoughts and not what he said.

Edit: Though his response to Bleacher report is pretty good.