NBA 2023-2024

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sengun saw your Wemby hype and said not tonight little rookie :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Wemby is how I'd imagine if Gumby were real and played in the NBA... and if he was really good at it.

Trivia I saw on Get Up! this week... Which ROY had the most blocked shots in his rookie season? Please note that it is not just any rookie but the player that eventually won ROY that season.

Skåre Willoch

Wemby is how I'd imagine if Gumby were real and played in the NBA... and if he was really good at it.

Trivia I saw on Get Up! this week... Which ROY had the most blocked shots in his rookie season? Please note that it is not just any rookie but the player that eventually won ROY that season.
Surely it has to be Shaq or the Admiral? I'll go with Shaq.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I used to think that but the more I watch him the more I think he’s closer to Pau Gasol than Jokic.
Ha, not bad comparasion either.. His potential to run the offence and play at his own pace (along with his immense passing ability) still move me closer to Jokic. Also, that slow fadeaway jumper right before it looks like he will attack the basket is pretty much copycat Jokic move. Then again, the ability to do all the things on the court (and same craftiness) does remind of Gasol as well and now that you said it there are definitely shades of him as well.

Btw. I see now that Maxey is a favorite for MIP. Imo, it should go to Sengun.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ha, not bad comparasion either.. His potential to run the offence and play at his own pace (along with his immense passing ability) still move me closer to Jokic. Also, that slow fadeaway jumper right before it looks like he will attack the basket is pretty much copycat Jokic move. Then again, the ability to do all the things on the court (and same craftiness) does remind of Gasol as well and now that you said it there are definitely shades of him as well.

A mix of Gasol and Jokic is a pretty impressive archetype :eek: I truly truly hope he fulfils at least 70% of his potential.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Calm down. :lol:

And even in Wemby's worst game he's still only 3 games way from equaling Shaq's record of 10 consecutive games with at least 5 blocks.
Calm down from what? I just posted a silly sentence with Sengun highlights ;)

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

Kuminga.

Jim Beam

A mix of Gasol and Jokic is a pretty impressive archetype :eek: I truly truly hope he fulfils at least 70% of his potential.
It did cross my mind at one point that we are putting a poor kid in the same sentence with Pau Gasol and only the best player on the planet. :lol:

But it was more about playing style. For me, speaking about his potential I would say, at his peak, he could be a fantastic 2nd option on a title contending team if he continues to devolop. But I sure love the way he plays (no wonder as am in awe with Jokic every time I watch him on the court).

Jim Beam

It's fair shout as well. Maxey does all the things he did before, he just has the ball in his hands more. Like, if someone told me Maxey will get more exposure (and more prominent role) I would fully expect this kind of season.

Both Sengun and Kuminga clearly improved in every aspect of their game though.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Steph Curry truly is the inverse of the Glazers. When he came into the league Manchester United was the most valuable sports team in the world at 1.8 billion dollars. They are now no longer in the top 10. At that time, the Warriors were not even in the picture when discussing valuation, having been a perennial cellar dweller for a number of years. They are now ranked number 2 overall at 8.2 billion, only behind the Dallas Cowboys.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What a day. The Dubs blow out the Bucks (after a brief 3rd quarter hiccup) and to top it all my Vols win the SEC (outright) for the first time since 2008.

Definite woohoo!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Have been watching the Australian NBL playoffs recently as it’s early in the morning and live on YouTube. It’s very very chaotic but a lot of fun

Charlie Foley

A few of my friends are experiencing the same thing. Right now if you google nba and look at the scores, they keep jumping to 300-200

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
A few of my friends are experiencing the same thing. Right now if you google nba and look at the scores, they keep jumping to 300-200
I just saw that. I thought we squandered a 13 point lead. It was actually 113.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I thought a 4th quarter comeback was too good to be true and then Steph goes down.

Just when you think a corner has been turned.....

Last edited:

Jim Beam

What a performance from D'Angelo Russell in a massive game. For some time now I also think the criticism that AD still gets have zero sense. I get it from the time he was available for 50% of the season, would somewhat shrink against dominant centers and in important games. But, he has been constantly good/great and available for over a year now. He also isn't fully comfortable being a center, but in terms of his performances he is the key part of the Lakers team. Take LeBron out and they are still a pretty good team. Take AD out and everything would fall apart (in part because of the way they built their team). Talking about availability he took a brutal elbow from Giannis last night, but I think he will be fine.

Most of the above would go for Russell as well, but he needs to prove it in the playoffs as well. The Lakers need to find a way to have Russell in the similiar rythm with LeBron on the floor.

As for the Bucks, I wanted to compliment Doc a bit because their defence looks better while Lillard and Giannis look more complimentary then earlier, but the way they blew out their lead in the last 2 minutes (having 6 point lead) just brings back bad flashbacks.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That might be the most pitiful performance I've seen in an age. Losing by 19 to the Spurs when Wemby's not even playing. I knew Steph was carrying this team but how much I just can't believe.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That might be the most pitiful performance I've seen in an age. Losing by 19 to the Spurs when Wemby's not even playing. I knew Steph was carrying this team but how much I just can't believe.
Second half was marginally better but defense was diabolical.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Boston throwing Brown, White, Tatum and Jrue Holiday on Durant at times double teaming or helping each other. The man scores 45 on 70% shooting. The Suns lost, but don't think with healthy Booker anyone wants them in the 1st round.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Luka has six straight games of 30-10-10 breaking Westbrook's five-game record, of which five straight topping 35 points breaking Robertson and Westbrook's three-game 35 pt triple double streak marks.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like a season ending injury for Sengun. Proper ‘we won but at what cost’ vibes tonight. Hope he’s ok.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Boston throwing Brown, White, Tatum and Jrue Holiday on Durant at times double teaming or helping each other. The man scores 45 on 70% shooting. The Suns lost, but don't think with healthy Booker anyone wants them in the 1st round.
But how many times can he pull that off in a series? And would you rather LeBron, Steph, or Luka? Zion? The Kings feel like the "easiest" out in the first round, and they're great

The West is a bloodbath. Whoever comes out won't have won so much as survived the West

Jim Beam

But how many times can he pull that off in a series? And would you rather LeBron, Steph, or Luka? Zion? The Kings feel like the "easiest" out in the first round, and they're great

The West is a bloodbath. Whoever comes out won't have won so much as survived the West
The Celtics actually already have expirence and managed to limit Durant to one of his worst playoff series (percentage wise) when they swept the Nets 2 seasons ago. It definitely isn't sustainable for a series which is the reason why I said a healthy Booker is a must.

And yes, it is bloodbath. You end up 1st or 2nd and your reward is the Suns, the Lakers, the Warriors... or the Mavs/Kings. If the season ended up today, you would have Kings - Mavs and Lakers - Warriors match ups in play-in games. The Suns are also only 0.5 game ahead of the Kings. Crazy. One thing is sure, you don't want to end up at 9th or 10th seed if you are one of these teams.

Last edited: