NBA 2023-2024

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Doc Rivers really shining as Bucks head coach. Adrian Griffin 30-13, Doc 10-10.

How does this guy keep getting hired?

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Doc Rivers really shining as Bucks head coach. Adrian Griffin 30-13, Doc 10-10.

How does this guy keep getting hired?
And you can bet he'll get another great job after he's inevitably fired from this one.

Skåre Willoch

Doc is figuring things out in Milwaukee I believe. They have shown quite a bit of improvement after his first games.
Now, I don't think the Bucks are anything but a dark horse, but I think they're the second best team in the East, and that they're playing better with Doc lately than with Griffin.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jalen Green channeled his inner Harden and Curry last night :eek:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Real good game between Lakers and Warriors ends in farce. Shot clock won't work, endless challenges. Bah.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Real good game between Lakers and Warriors ends in farce. Shot clock won't work, endless challenges. Bah.
I think the last 2 minutes took half an hour. :houllier:

Great win, especially since a win for the Warriors means they can't lose the season series. Could be important if the teams finish with the same record.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
9th or 10th doesn't really matter. Just need Ham gone and a real coach to have a chance at a title.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
9th or 10th doesn't really matter. Just need Ham gone and a real coach to have a chance at a title.
Lakers like the Dubs have no chance of a title this year. As far as 9th or 10th is concerned, it wouldn't shock me if either team finished 11th or worse.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Warriors beat the Lakers, and United beat Liverpool. What a weekend. :D :) :cool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Fecking hell Ant man, what a play.

Reckon he's gonna be the face of the NBA once Lebron/Curry/Durant are out of it, alongside Wemby. Still only 21 years old.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He dislocated his finger and Collins left the game with a concussion :eek:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
1 step forward, 2 steps back.
We’re creeping up behind you. We’re only 3 games back (4 games really, because you hold the tiebreak) but we’re playing the Wizards tonight and we have a relatively favourable schedule the rest of the season. It could get pretty interesting. We play each other soon, a game that could end up being the make or break.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
We’re creeping up behind you. We’re only 3 games back (4 games really, because you hold the tiebreak) but we’re playing the Wizards tonight and we have a relatively favourable schedule the rest of the season. It could get pretty interesting. We play each other soon, a game that could end up being the make or break.
The Lakers are in this mix too. According to the SOS rankings the Rockets have the 13th easiest schedule, the Lakers the 12th and the Dubs the 3rd easiest. Since we seem to lose to a lot of bad teams things definitely could get interesting.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Lakers are in this mix too. According to the SOS rankings the Rockets have the 13th easiest schedule, the Lakers the 12th and the Dubs the 3rd easiest. Since we seem to lose to a lot of bad teams things definitely could get interesting.
I'd say the strength of schedule on paper might end being not entirely accurate, especially when we get into the final week of the season. We have Clippers in LA second to last game but there's a good chance they sit all their stars if their seeding is confirmed, likewise you have the Pels second to last and they may do the same if they're no longer justling for seedings

Lakers are kind of in the mix but they seem a bit too far away, from a Rockets perspective, and we don't have a game against them left. To me the Warriors are the big target we're trying to chase down.

We'll probably know for sure one way or another in the next 7 days or so, if this is a race worth getting excited about. We have Wizards, Bulls, Jazz and Blazers the next 4 games. Warriors have Grizzlies, Pacers and Wolves the next 3 games.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
MPJ is such a deadly shooter. Denver gonna be really tough to beat if him and Gordon plays well.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
He's my answer to what if Manute Bol had exceptional athleticism and utilized that to develop ridiculous fundamentals and sporting IQ.
or.....

What if Kelly Oubre had exceptional athleticism and utilized that to develop ridiculous fundamentals and sporting IQ.

....and was 7 foot 5.

....and was not totally brain dead from a basketball POV.

cafecillos

To be honest, I don't enjoy that sort of stuff at all. I'm not that impressed by that video specifically, he's just being fecking huge and fairly coordinated for his height, and nobody is even pretending to defend. I also watch more European basketball than NBA and the insane amount of travelling allowed in the NBA makes me physically uncomfortable :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Right now it’s all about the madness. Best sporting event in the U.S.