NBA Thread 2013-2014

NM

Am i the only one who thinks Evan turner is a distinctly average NBA player?
I wouldn't even call him average. Watching him (as a sixers fan) infuriates me. No IQ, poor shot selection.. What a waste of aa #2 pick. Glad he is gone.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't even call him average. Watching him (as a sixers fan) infuriates me. No IQ, poor shot selection.. What a waste of aa #2 pick. Glad he is gone.
yeah. agree. Although i'd be really excited as a Philly fan. You're going to have a top 5 pick, and likely another top 10 pick via NOP.

Think Noel is going to be pretty good, building around him, Thad, MCW and 2 first rounders next season will be nice.

Feel for me. Pistons are in a dire situation and we'll likely concede our first rounder to the bobcats. Ben gordon was so shite we had to give up a first round pick for someone to take the last year of his contract.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
He's not a star, but he's a good player, very athletic, and would be a good addition to Indiana's bench. Definitely an upgrade from Granger.
Yeah. Not overly convinced tbh. Right now Stephenson runs that 2nd unit, he basically plays point.. Turner only ever plays ok when he's handling the ball alot, not overly convinced with him playing off the ball.

I mean, i guess it's a slight slight upgrade, but really think turners just an average player. Does quite a few things ok, but nothing really well.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Yeah. Not overly convinced tbh. Right now Stephenson runs that 2nd unit, he basically plays point.. Turner only ever plays ok when he's handling the ball alot, not overly convinced with him playing off the ball.

I mean, i guess it's a slight slight upgrade, but really think turners just an average player. Does quite a few things ok, but nothing really well.
You may have a point. Chemistry is an important factor as well, and I may be overrating him a bit.. Let's wait and see how it works out for Indiana.. We'll revisit this after Indiana played 5 games.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
@gooDevil, was it you who admired Jimmy Fredette a lot when he was drafted? He's agreed a buy-out with Sacramento today. Looks like he's going to be a good pick-up.

With Davis, Granger, Butler, MWP, and now Fredette up for grabs, Miami decided to sign DeAndre Liggins (probably thinking they're getting Andrew Wiggins) from D-League (for a 10-day contract). :annoyed:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
@gooDevil, was it you who admired Jimmy Fredette a lot when he was drafted? He's agreed a buy-out with Sacramento today. Looks like he's going to be a good pick-up.

With Davis, Granger, Butler, MWP, and now Fredette up for grabs, Miami decided to sign DeAndre Liggins (probably thinking they're getting Andrew Wiggins) from D-League (for a 10-day contract). :annoyed:
Definitely not, I'm not a fan.

NM

He's not a star, but he's a good player, very athletic, and would be a good addition to Indiana's bench. Definitely an upgrade from Granger.
Athletic yes. Good player - you haven't seen him enough. Maybe he will do better off the bench.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Athletic yes. Good player - you haven't seen him enough. Maybe he will do better off the bench.
Yeah I admit I haven't seen him that much, so like I said, I might be wrong here.. But I was comparing him to Granger who hasn't been that great for Indiana really since he got back from injury. Looked to me like a definite upgrade.

We'll see how it pans out.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The Pistons have given up 8 dunks, 30 points in the paint, 41 points total in the first quarter against Houston. Josh Smith is shooting 4 for 13. Everything that is wrong with this team encapsulated in one quarter.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Question two:

Anyone watched a Milwaukee Bucks game and can gimmie a report on Brandon Knight and Khris Middleton? They've had some big games this year, but then on a team that bad someone has to score some points in 48 minutes.

But I can't be bothered to actually watch a Bucks game.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Brandon Knight big games:
23 pts, 5 ast @ Pacers
30 & 8 vs Pacers
25 & 7 vs Knicks
25 & 8 vs Phoenix
27 & 5 vs Atlanta
26 & 7 @ Houston
27 & 4 vs Memphis
25 & 8 @ Phoenix
37, 2 & 8 re's @ Lakers
26 & 14 @ Charlotte
36, 3 & 9 vs Knicks

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Khris Middleton big games:
22 @ Pacers
20, 8 & 4 vs Houston
25, 3 & 6 @ Denver
19, 3 & 4 vs Knicks
23, 4 & 9 vs Wolves
19, 3 & 6 @ Charlotte
27, 4 & 5 vs Philly
20, 2 & 9 vs Knicks
29, 2 & 7 @ Washington
20, 2 & 4 @ Charlotte

NM

yeah. agree. Although i'd be really excited as a Philly fan. You're going to have a top 5 pick, and likely another top 10 pick via NOP.

Think Noel is going to be pretty good, building around him, Thad, MCW and 2 first rounders next season will be nice.

Feel for me. Pistons are in a dire situation and we'll likely concede our first rounder to the bobcats. Ben gordon was so shite we had to give up a first round pick for someone to take the last year of his contract.
well it looks like all the best prospects are staying in school another year..

NM

:lol: A full season of wasted tanking.
Exacrly. And the best prospects (Embiid and Parker) are staying in school. I'm not sold on Wiggins. Plus we can't pick a center or pint guard as we have those filled

NM

Where did you hear that they were staying in school?
There were articles on it a while ago. Embiid shouldn't be of interest anyway because of Noel.. Wiggins doesn't seem to have "IT" for me.. But he is only a kid.. Hard to tell. They called him the next LeBron a while ago..

NM

Well those are reasons why you don't want Philly to draft them but I'd say they are both 95% going to the NBA.
Wiggins is. I remember distinctly reading about Embiid possibly staying another year. Jabari Parker out of Duke is the real deal though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Indiana have lost 4 in a row, Miami have lost 3. What's the deal?
Miami does this every year, coast in the regular season. Can't speak for the previous games, but the Bulls wanted it more than the Heat today. Noah was a beast. Like I said, expect a different Miami (and Lebron) in May.

Indiana on the other hand... Bit concerning. Paul George has lost his spark. Stephenson had a chip on his shoulder ever since getting snubbed for the All Star game, and his effectiveness has dipped. They need home court advantage much more than the Heat, but are letting it slip away.

First world problems for 2 of these teams, compared to the dross that is the rest of the Eastern Conference (excepting the Bulls and Raptors).

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The two head to heads between Indiana and Miami will decide the top seed. If they split them, then Indiana will get it. I expect Indiana to get the number 1 seed.

I think Lebron's nose injury is affecting him mentally. He's obviously thinking about it now, since he's taken the mask off, which means he kind of thinks the mask was the reason for the slump. I think he keeps distracting himself by thinking about it too much (I think it started after he went cold the night after he went crazy for 61). He needs to forget about it, otherwise this will only get worse.

My prediction:

Miami will finish the season 59-23. Indiana will finish 61-21. Indiana will win the East.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
17 straight losses for the 76ers......
Bucks have won 3 in 10, so with 20 games to go they should win some 3-6 games, one would think.

Bucks - 13-50
76ers - 15-48

The 76ers bombing like a republican president, there's no way they won't finish with the worst record now. And I see a vision of Wiggins in a 76ers jersey, get your money on it! Whether they get the first or second pic, they will get Wiggins via draft or trade, as I think the Bucks would take Parker anyway.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
If the playoffs ended today:

1 Indiana
8 Atlanta

4 Chicago
5 Washington

2 Miami
7 Charlotte

3 Toronto
6 Brooklyn

1 San Antonio
8 Memphis

4 Los Angeles
5 Portland

2 Oklahoma City
7 Dallas

3 Houston
6 Golden State

All of those Western Conference series look very entertaining.

NM

17 straight losses for the 76ers......
Bucks have won 3 in 10, so with 20 games to go they should win some 3-6 games, one would think.

Bucks - 13-50
76ers - 15-48

The 76ers bombing like a republican president, there's no way they won't finish with the worst record now. And I see a vision of Wiggins in a 76ers jersey, get your money on it! Whether they get the first or second pic, they will get Wiggins via draft or trade, as I think the Bucks would take Parker anyway.
What do you think of Wiggins? He seems to float in and out of games for me. Still a kid though - so he will probably grow out of that.