NCAA College Football 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

Ominous signs for Clemson but a lot of football to play still. Definitely the two best teams in the country.

sport2793

Yep. Burrow was older when he won the Heisman than Lamar when he wins the NFL MVP. Pretty unreal.
Not to mention Lamar already has a Heisman, truly a once a generation player regardless of the result on Saturday.

Carolina Red

Staff
I didn’t think the Ohio St guy targeted Lawrence and I don’t think Skalski targeted there.

That guts our defense. Goddamnit.

sport2793

I didn’t think the Ohio St guy targeted Lawrence and I don’t think Skalski targeted there.

That guts our defense. Goddamnit.
Um that was an easy targeting call from a neutral perspective. Will give you the benefit of a doubt as a fan in the heat of the moment.

sport2793

I’m a neutral and that wasn’t targeting
If you read the law it's clear cut. LB led helmet first and contacted the other players helmet first. Player is falling to ground but not low enough where one can say the contact is incidental. Even if incidental, I've seen targeting called this year on those.

Carolina Red

Staff
Um that was an easy targeting call from a neutral perspective. Will give you the benefit of a doubt as a fan in the heat of the moment.
Benefit of the doubt for what?

I didn’t think the Ohio State defender targeted my own team’s QB on an almost identical hit.

That’s a weak ass targeting call.

Carolina Red

Staff
We’ve had to dial up exotic defenses all season to cover up for a dodgy secondary. Finally met an opponent who could pick them up and still throw the ball.

LSU is a helluva football team.

sport2793

Rough ending for Lawrence, he needs to keep his head high and work hard this next offseason. Bright future ahead for him (and likely a Heisman) provided he puts in the work.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Congratulations to LSU. Phenomenal team. Good news for Clemson at least is that they still have Trevor Lawrence and ACC don’t look like threatening their dominance anytime soon. Expect to see them back in the playoffs.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Was texting with one of my work colleagues earlier, an LSU alum; her sister was in the cheer squad tonight.
What a night for her and the state of LA.
The dominance of the SEC is crazy.

Carolina Red

Staff
Congrats to LSU. They’re a great team and Burrow is one of the best college QB I’ve ever seen.

Rough way to end the season, but all in all, I can’t complain. I’ve been lucky to see the best decade in my team’s history and I’m just enjoying the ride. Hopefully the team will use this as motivation to get back at it again next year.

Go Tigers!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
1. Congrats to LSU (feck their fans though). We will see if they can run this back. The rest of the SEC seems to be going through transition (Alabama, Georgia, Florida).

2. Clemson further proved their quality. All season there's been nonsense talk about how good they really are in the ACC. Well they've shown it against OSU and LSU, who were the better team tonight but not by much.

3. Burrow had a fantastic year but barring injury/being drafted by the Browns, Lawrence has the better career I think. Very eager to see how Burrow does in the NFL. Clemson's secondary are better off staying back another year, their draft stock took a hit tonight

4. The crystal trophy was much better than this tacky one, bring it back

5. I'm all for expansion of the playoffs but there's no debate that the best 4 teams were selected this year.

6. Find some way to pay college players. All this money and nothing for the players that make it happen? Pay the players.

Recruiting season kicks off but that's boring. See y'all in August

Status
Not open for further replies.