Nemanja Matic| BBC says deal agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Some of you really do make fools of yourselves.

"I want Veratti" or "But I wanted Bakayoko".

It's not your fecking job to decide who plays for Manchester United and thinking your whining opinion counts over Jose Mouirnho is wholly embarrassing for you.

Matic is being bought because he is the player Jose wants. Given that we played City the other day in training and set the midfield up with Herrera/Pogba and Miki ahead of them, I would imagine that the CDM Jose is bringing in, is being brought in for a certain and limited number of games this season. Perhaps home legs in Europe when we are already ahead, perhaps games where Mourinho sees a point as good enough, perhaps late in games when we are holding on to a lead. I don;t think Matic is being brought in to be our No.6 EVERY game. It will be Pogba and Herrera with Miki ahead of them by the looks of it for the main part of the season. Matic is being brought in to play a certain role in certain games and points in the season.

You guys wanting a shiny new toy like Verratti are playing 'Fantasy Football' trying to squeeze in as many cool names as you can into the squad. You clearly have no idea what Mouirnho is thinking.

Can I also mention the name Timothy Fosu Mensa who is looked upon as a CDM with superb potential.

Calm down. The fact that some of you think you know better than Jose Mourinho about what Jose Mourinho is actually thinking is just mortifying.
Oh the irony of that sentence.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Back in 2005 we didn't have over half a billion of revenue. Do people not understand inflation or what?
Forget inflation, people here don't understand the concept of seller setting up a price and buyer not willing to meet that price.

Nobody has even read the article and are acting like children.

Halftrack

Nonetheless, it proves that people can be right when they question the manager's decisions. Which makes the argument that we should all blindly agreee with whatever Mourinho does quite obviously a silly one.
Oh, absolutely. I wasn't suggesting you can't criticize or disagree.
Don't be idiotic. No one is saying we'll become bankrupt. No one at all. That's your strawman argument. We could pay 100m for Matic and not go bankrupt, would that make it smart or sane?

Overpaying for old players means you end up with fewer reinforcements than what you had in mind. Something Mourinho already suggested is the case. Money does't grow on trees, there's a limit on every budget.

The biggest and most valuable club finished 6th last season. The price for years of extremely poor transfer policies dictated by managers. The price for buying previous managers pets (Fellaini and Schweini) when obviously they were not the best transfers for United.

Considering those failures why would you show implicit trust? And if you do, what's the point of being on a discussion forum?
It started with a guy being worried about United spending money irrationally, because companies who spend money irrationally only go one way. Another guy then chimed in and said that worrying about the clubs sustainability was perfectly rational. That's as close to suggesting they'll run the club into the ground as you're going to get, and that's what I was responding to. Nothing idiotic about it.

I wasn't arguing for spending silly money on shit players or something, I was arguing against the notion that the people in charge are clueless.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Sorry but our scouting system must be able to find players equally to Matic or Dier?
I honestly don't believe it's our scouts that's the problem. I believe Jose is the problem. He's set on his targets and he won't budge, hence the humiliating back and forth with Inter over Perisic, and now this. I really doubt Ed Woodward is such a masochist that he keeps going back for more rejections, or that he's crazy about spending over the top money for good but not great players.

In any case, I've given up, if the club want's to spend the £50M then so be it.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I honestly don't believe it's our scouts that's the problem. I believe Jose is the problem. He's set on his targets and he won't budge, hence the humiliating back and forth with Inter over Perisic, and now this. I really doubt Ed Woodward is such a masochist that he keeps going back for more rejections, or that he's crazy about spending over the top money for good but not great players.

Smart post

TheBiggest

Oh the irony of that sentence.

In what way....

In that I said 'I would imagine...' and gave a view or opinion.

Makes sense to me.

It's not like I'm going around, suggesting: 'No, don't sign Matic, I don't like him. Sign Varetti. He is better" like a fecking plumb. It's not as if I'm going on like I know more than Mourinho, I am trying to understand how/what Mourinho is thinking, I'm not doing his thinking for him.

So explain to me...how is that sentence 'ironic'?

The Bloody-Nine

I honestly don't believe it's our scouts that's the problem. I believe Jose is the problem. He's set on his targets and he won't budge, hence the humiliating back and forth with Inter over Perisic, and now this.
You have no idea if that is true or not. It's just meaningless speculation. Nobody knows what's going on (see the Lukaku deal), just wait and see what happens.

TheBiggest

But sure, the club hasn't been shy in admitting there are three options for every position that needs strengthening The problem isn't Mourinho or even Woodward. The problem is other clubs no longer have to sell players to generate income. Years ago, the transfer window was a time to balance budgets, but with so much money coming into clubs from other means, selling players is no longer a necessity. If we want Eric Dier, tough - Spurs don't HAVE to sell. If we want Peresic, tough, Inter don't HAVE to sell. It's not anyone at our club's fault. Our club have broken down the barriers more than any club n Europe over the past four years when it comes to wrestling players away from clubs. Given the amount of money our club has spent over the past few years, we have feck all to moan about.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"Humiliating" really? fecking hell.
I know it would be laughable if not so embarrassing. If we managed to sign one more then getting 3 of Jose 4 stated targets is a very good window getting 4 like last year would be a brilliant window. Too much drama in here nowadays.

Litch

I thought that's what happens when you are selling or buying anything? Ever bought or sold a property it's no different really. You hopefully find a middle ground that you are both happy with. If not, you move on to the next one. If you want it enough, you keeping trying or you pay the asking price.

Jose can't win, and I'm sure with having clear targets as it gives the player your trying to buy a clear message that you want them. Thats how you convince players to come from big clubs....

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Not sure why people are so negative to us getting Matic, even for a big fee. The guy is one of the best defensive midfielders in the league, has bags of experience in the premier league and europe, and has won many trophies. This whole "he's too slow" argument is just not valid; he's lengthy that's why he appears slow but he has decent pace. Carrick is not the fastest players you'll see in that same role, but he's been brilliant for us.

Jazz

Why are people getting their knickers in a twist if there is even an ounce of criticism with regards to Jose? Like you haven't seen his history? Do you really believe he's infallible or that he doesn't make bad calls? Why the sarcasm if someone points something out not to your liking? Remember, Matic is the player he brought on as a substitute only to substitute him 20 mins later. Clearly he didn't think much of him then, so why now is he so hot on him? That's another reason to question his thinking on this transfer.

In any case, I understand where he's coming from - sometimes you need an experienced stop gap - for a reasonable price - not at £50M as it's not prudent. The odds are that we're likely going to have to replace him sooner than later, and in that case, £50M is bad business viewed in that context especially when there are other players out there, possibly younger, who we could get for a lower price. That they might not have PL experience is irrelevant in my opinion - neither does Mendy nor Silva - yet they are generally viewed as very good acquisitions by City. If they fit the bill, then why not go in that direction?

And yes, with a big fat debt and huge overheads, United cannot afford to be spending indiscriminately.

The Bloody-Nine

Why are people getting their knickers in a twist if there is even an ounce of criticism with regards to Jose? Like you haven't seen his history? Do you really believe he's infallible or that he doesn't make bad calls? Why the sarcasm if someone points something out not to your liking? Remember, Matic is the player he brought on as a substitute only to substitute him 20 mins later. Clearly he didn't think much of him then, so why now is he so hot on him? That's another reason to question his thinking on this transfer.

In any case, I understand where he's coming from - sometimes you need an experienced stop gap - for a reasonable price - not at £50M as it's not prudent. The odds are that we're likely going to have to replace him sooner than later, and in that case, £50M is bad business viewed in that context especially when there are other players out there, possibly younger, who we could get for a lower price. That they might not have PL experience is irrelevant in my opinion - neither does Mendy nor Silva - yet they are generally viewed as very good acquisitions by City. If they fit the bill, then why not go in that direction?

And yes, with a big fat debt and huge overheads, United cannot afford to be spending indiscriminately.
Criticising him because of something you made up and have absolutely no evidence of is going to irk people.

Also, you're using one f*cking game to imply that he doesn't rate him? Christ almighty.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why we can't move on seems to be one of the biggest mysteries of Jose. He seems to be stuck with his 2 targets hence the delay. But that doesn't stop him from saying publicly that our transfer activities have been low

Jazz

Cricitising him because of something you made up and have absolutely no evidence of is going to irk people.

Also, you're using one f*cking game to imply that he doesn't rate him? Christ almighty.
What have I made up?! If we had other people he was willing to go after we wouldn't be f*cking around with Matic and Perisic!!

Jose can do no wrong for some of you, it's incredible! It's not like I even don't rate Matic either, but that price is fecking ridiculous and stupid. We should be walking away promptly.

TrueRed79

Jesus H Christ....How is that in any way humiliating? How is negotiating the best deal possible for a player humiliating? Please explain as i am all ears on this one.

Jazz

Why we can't move on seems to be one of the biggest mysteries of Jose. He seems to be stuck with his 2 targets hence the delay. But that doesn't stop him from saying publicly that our transfer activities have been low
Exactly! I can't believe that people here don't see that.

Jazz

Jesus H Christ....How is that in any way humiliating? How is negotiating the best deal possible for a player humiliating? Please explain as i am all ears on this one.
It's clear that Inter don't want to sell unless we give them ridiculous amounts of money. How many times can they make that clear? We've been negotiating as you would, but it's not working as they are not budging. To keep going back like this in my eyes is humiliating - they are saying , pay our fecking price or feck off.
If you don't like my description then fair enough. But don't give me shit for it, that's the way I personally see it.

The Bloody-Nine

What have I made up?! If we had other people he was willing to go after we wouldn't be f*cking around with Matic and Perisic!!

Jose can do no wrong for some of you, it's incredible! It's not like I even don't rate Matic either, but that price is fecking ridiculous and stupid. We should be walking away promptly.
This is what you made up.

I believe Jose is the problem. He's set on his targets and he won't budge, hence the humiliating back and forth with Inter over Perisic, and now this
You have absolutely no idea if Jose has set his sights on two players and is refusing to consider signing an alternative. All you're doing is reading speculation in the press and treating it as gospel. And using it as a stick with which to beat Mourinho.

Agenda driven posting at its worst.

Jazz

Because it's complete bullshit. Morata was our "only option" for a striker before we signed Lukaku.
Fine we'll see what's bullshit come August 31st or sooner, if we fork over £50M for Matic.

Jazz

This is what you made up.

You have absolutely no idea if Jose has set his sights on two players and is refusing to consider signing an alternative. All you're doing is reading speculation in the press and treating it as gospel. And using it as a stick with which to beat Mourinho.

Agenda driven posting at its worst.
Let's leave this alone. I haven't made up a damn thing. You just don't want any thing said about Mourinho. I hope your faith in him is justified.

TrueRed79

It's clear that Inter don't want to sell unless we give them ridiculous amounts of money. How many times can they make that clear? We've been negotiating as you would, but it's not working as they are not budging. To keep going back like this in my eyes is humiliating - they are saying , pay our fecking price or feck off.
If you don't like my description then fair enough. But don't give me shit for it, that's the way I personally see it.
I'm not giving you shit. You just seem to post like everything you say is gospel and factual, when it's absolutely not. We are negotiating that is for sure. Everything else is pure speculation. You're getting wound up and spouting things like 'humiliating' 'why can't Jose move on' 'it's all his fault when you actually know jack shit.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I'm not giving you shit. You just seem to post like everything you say is gospel and factual, when it's absolutely not. We are negotiating that is for sure. Everything else is pure speculation. You're getting wound up and spouting things like 'humiliating' 'why can't Jose move on' 'it's all his fault when you actually know jack shit
Not giving him shit, huh?

Nick7

What will you do if we fork out £50mill for Matic and he's shit for us
Be disappointed? I don't think he'll be shit, in fact he's not a shit player but some people in here think it's far beyond the realms of possibility that he won't be shit. Which I think is really really bizarre when talking about a player that's had a decent to big contribution in two of the last three title winning sides.

AndyJ1985

There's some proper whining little fannies in the transfer forum. Having an opinion that differs to the manager is fine, but unfortunately too many people state their opinion as fact and then cry like sulking children because Jose isn't buying the shiny toy they want.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Be disappointed? I don't think he'll be shit, in fact he's not a shit player but some people in here think it's far beyond the realms of possibility that he won't be shit. Which I think is really really bizarre when talking about a player that's had a decent to big contribution in two of the last three title winning sides.
So basically the answer you'll get from your question is "be happy"

Jazz

What will you do if we do sign Matic and he's very good for us?
The point is paying £50M for someone who might or might not be good - that is the issue. Even if he's ok for 1 season, he's not getting any younger. It's more probable than not, that he'll more than likely be 'declining', and hence we'll need an upgrade. If we got him at a reasonable price, I have no problem with that whatsoever - it's £50M for him at this point in time in his career that' the issue. Extremely short sighted in my opinion and a waste of money when there are other possibilities out there if we would only be flexible.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Personally I think Matic would be good for us. His size and strength would compliment Herrera's mobility and tenacity.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
There's some proper whining little fannies in the transfer forum. Having an opinion that differs to the manager is fine, but unfortunately too many people state their opinion as fact and then cry like sulking children because Jose isn't buying the shiny toy they want.
A post positively drowning in it's own irony.

M4nu4Life

The point is paying £50M for someone who might or might not be good - that is the issue. Even if he's ok for 1 season, he's not getting any younger. It's more probable than not, that he'll more than likely be 'declining', and hence we'll need an upgrade. If we got him at a reasonable price, I have no problem with that whatsoever - it's £50M for him at this point in time in his career that' the issue. Extremely short sighted in my opinion and a waste of money when there are other possibilities out there if we would only be flexible.
Agree 50 million for a 24 year old would be ok, but 50 million for a 28 year old (29 in August) is a horrible buy

Status
Not open for further replies.