g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Netflix's all-time top 10 movies

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I liked Bird Box, The Irishman and Triple Frontier.

The Old Guard (which will get big views), Extraction, Murder Mystery and Spencer Confidential were quite fun.

Not bad for a service that also gives you great shows, some good Hollywood and indie movies that you haven't seen in a while as well as Studio Ghibli movies.

Great value compared to Disney+, which is 90% reliant on children and nostalgia.

I started watching a Korean Netflix original called Time To Hunt. Only saw 30 minutes so far (was really tired and it has subs), and so far, it's really good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If you look at the top 10 youtubers, nearly all of them are trash however youtube had a lot of great content. Same for Netflix, there's a lot of original trash and some good trash.

I'm sure Sky has the same ratio of original trash to good original content
Absolutely. I was checking out the top 10 YouTubers in India as well and they're all rubbish but there is some good stuff coming out of here too. The shit usually arises to the top.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Top grossers are generally about the hype, spectacle and escapism. And when these things take a front seat, quality generally takes a hit.

So why are people getting shocked? I mean most of the billion dollar earners are average fares too. Big money or more viewership doesn't equal to quality.

Also just because you consider some things crap, doesn't mean it is crap.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Top grossers are generally about the hype, spectacle and escapism. And when these things take a front seat, quality generally takes a hit.

So why are people getting shocked? I mean most of the billion dollar earners are average fares too. Big money or more viewership doesn't equal to quality.

Yeah, exactly. This is not a top 10 of best Netflix movies, but of the most watched ones. Any year's top 10 of highest grossing cinema movies also tends to consist of ridiculous blockbuster action crap. Maybe the average standard would be a little higher, but Netflix is only one producer, while there are many producers worldwide getting their films into cinemas; you cant expect Netflix to produce films on the level of the rest of the film industry taken together.

I would rather conclude from this list that the Netflix audience is a lot like the general moviegoing audience (although it's surprising in that sense to see The Irishman and, especially, The Platform in the list) and that they spend their money wisely: the list probably includes most of Netflix's most expensive movies as well.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Ha! Good summary.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Watched Triple Frontier last night had never heard of it before - was ok maybe a 6/10 though at most.

Might give The Extraction a go tonight.

0le

I have not heard of any of them but judging by the comments here, I am not missing out on much.