Neville: Varane, Sancho, Kane

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Gary Neville has stated without hesitation that the 3 players we should sign are the 3 aforementioned: Varane for his vast experience, Sancho and Kane for obvious reasons.

Realistic or flight of fancy? No mention of a quality CDM

spiriticon

Gary Neville has stated without hesitation that the 3 players we should sign are the 3 aforementioned: Varane for his vast experience, Sancho and Kane for obvious reasons.

Realistic or flight of fancy? No mention of a quality CDM
I completely agree with those three signings.

Problem is, they will cost nigh on 250 million in total. No way is Uncle Joel forking out that money.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Posh Lindelof and Toffee knees Kane wouldn’t be top of my list but fair enough.

Where’s he reckon the money is coming from for that lot then?

Skills

Snitch
Has Neville also said the absolute minimum the club should be winning next season if they do sign all 3?

Or is he too afraid of demanding any accountability from his ex teammate?

Andersons Dietician

He’s living in a fantasy world. Where is the 290 mil to buy and say 1mil+ a week extra in wages coming from.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We'll get Sancho and a couple of kids.

Edit.
But, yeah, this isn't going to happen. Obviously it would be great if it did but it wont. No, no, no.
#jinx

DSG

Has Neville also said the absolute minimum the club should be winning next season if they do sign all 3?

Or is he too afraid of demanding any accountability from his ex teammate?
I believe the Ole bashing thread is everywhere else on the Caf, not here, right?

Irwin99

Think everyone is pretty confident that the Sancho deal will be done....right? :nervous:

Varane-i'm not sure the club would be interested in although wasn't there a story a few years back that Ed was chasing Varane? (much to the amusement of Real Madrid).

Kane looks City bound.

redshaw

Should be possible if Gary can win a big Euro millions rollover on behalf of United.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It will be sancho or kane, but not both.

Maybe Real give us Varane and we give them Pogba if he wants out.

Then a CM.

Red Star One

Ah Gary Neville, lately famous for sensible opinions rather than bait after bait in a hunt for any popularity.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think we will get Sancho and Varane for sure.

We will also possibly work out some sort of deal for Rice involving Lingard and Williams or another academy player Moyes likes.

Kane is 100% going to City but I think we will definitely sign another striker to replace Martial.

amsoUG

Neville has been raving on how Cavani, Rashford and Mason are our best front 3 - his understanding of the game is very theoretical and questionable.

As Ole spends big, he is setting himself up for being fired - it will have to come with consequences from the board.

From yesterday's game, we all saw that many of our attacking players except Cavani do not have the right mindset to play as a collective. They were all trying hard to impress.

Reactions: Sultan

Nick7

It would be a superb summer but we would still be struggling in midfield. Add in the fact it would never ever happen and it’s just a bit depressing to think about

Inigo Montoya

We will also possibly work out some sort of deal for Rice involving Lingard and Williams or another academy player Moyes likes.

Kane is 100% going to City but I think we will definitely sign another striker to replace Martial.
100%? Only if Levy squeezes 100m out of them. Knowing what moneybags they are, he’s not going to drop. Plus we all know what Pep thinks of spending mad amounts.

Kearnkoff69

I'd rather prioritize a DM over a striker. If we get Sancho I would like to see more rotation of the ST role and have Amad get more playing time to develop his game. Between Cavani, Rashford, and Greenwood, that's already 3 players who can play up top and Rashford and Mason can also rotate the wing spots. A CB and central midfielder are far more important this summer.

mu4c_20le

As Ole spends big, he is setting himself up for being fired - it will have to come with consequences from the board.
Of course, it comes with the job. If it doesn't work out, someone's head will have to roll. On the other hand, if he doesn't spend, then it'll be groundhog day again. His career is at a crossroads, there is no safe option. Had he won the cup, it would have bought him some time, and while losing on pens isn't a sackable offense, I do think it has made his position vulnerable.

It would be a superb summer but we would still be struggling in midfield. Add in the fact it would never ever happen and it’s just a bit depressing to think about
We didn't struggle in the midfield last night though, we lacked firepower

Inigo Montoya

Neville has been raving on how Cavani, Rashford and Mason are our best front 3 - his understanding of the game is very theoretical and questionable.

From yesterday's game, we all saw that many of our attacking players except Cavani do not have the right mindset to play as a collective. They were all trying hard to impress.
I thought Greenwood was fine. He worked hard, good passes but you have to give Villarreal credit for excellent discipline. I don’t think I ever once saw them get exposed one on one at the wings.

Rolaholic

We've desperately needed a quality holding midfielder for years, if getting one means that means we can't spunk £150M on Kane then so be it.

It's a need we must address along with the positions of 2 of the 3 targets he mentioned in another CB to pair with Maguire and a right sided winger

Inigo Montoya

Of course, it comes with the job. If it doesn't work out, someone's head will have to roll. On the other hand, if he doesn't spend, then it'll be groundhog day again. His career is at a crossroads, there is no safe option. Had he won the cup, it would have bought him some time, and while losing on pens isn't a sackable offense, I do think it has made his position vulnerable.

We didn't struggle in the midfield last night though, we lacked firepower
We don’t have a midfield runner in the Grealish/ Sancho mould. It’s been apparent all season against a low block.

My preference:
Sancho
Bissouma
Varane

amsoUG

Why would you want to replace MARTIAL after watching yesterday's game? Is it because the British press and pundits say so? Back to spamming balls into the box like yesterday? Many of those players show up at the start of the season to go after stats at the expense of a more rounded team play - technical players like DVB, Pogba and Martial are the ones suffering from this passionate but headless driven football.

Inigo Montoya

Europa final is the perfect example of why Kane makes ZERO sense...he can't score from no chances!
Not just Europa mate. He’s won the golden boot but against the better organised sides Spurs have struggled to create chances. Nevertheless a lot of his goals have been brilliantly taken and down to how good he is.

Still rather we didn’t attempt to sign him

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its just a fallacy to expect those 3 big moves in this climate. We would be lucky to get one over the line.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Yea i am thinking this as well.

Who would you sell? Pogba if he does not sign a new contract? Martial?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Transfer Muppetry knows no borders or divisions. It touches poor and rich , white and black , Muslim and Jew. He's just signaling the official start of Muppet season.

izec

Throw in Mbappe and Rice while he is at it

Sancho and Varane would be possible. Not sure if both though. Kane is wishful thinking

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A smart move for United would be to inquire about the availability of Brozovic or Barella considering Inters financial troubles of late.
Y'know, be abit savvy.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Think it will be Sancho, Pau Torres and possibly a cheap defensive midfielder.
Something like this. Sancho is a good bet to come. Then either Varana or Torres (or someone else good). Then a MF. Maybe if we sell Pogba we can try and sign a better MF than we would if we dont sell Pogba.

A-man

To win the final, what player would have been needed? I think for sure those three players would have bira tWe’d us 5-10 more points in the PL, but would we have won against Villareal?

hobbers

To win the final, what player would have been needed? I think for sure those three players would have bira tWe’d us 5-10 more points in the PL, but would we have won against Villareal?
David Moyes' West Ham would have probably won against them.

Roane

Maybe I'm missing something. But it seems like we want a team of basically forward players.

You need decent forwards no doubt but the team is the sum of its parts. Even someone like Bamford is getting goals but he has a team behind him that can battle and win the ball and get it up to him on a regular basis.

Surely a decent MF is the priority. Ball winners, forward passers who offer both a first line of defence to the defenders and can pick out the runs of wingers and strikers?

Teams walk through our MF. We lose the ball almost as soon as we have it, inviting pressure. We pass sideways and back.

For me we get the MF right and our defence looks better and our forwards get more reward