New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Quarter Final 4

Which team do you think would win the fourth quarter final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.
* The poll will last for 24 hours

Quarter Final 4 - Cling Bak vs IBleedRed

Cilit Cling Bangersy

More experience, more goals and a World Class player has been added in the form Angel Di Maria.

Standard IBleedRed

Tactics:

Attack Attack Attack! The team may seem a bit lopsided with so much offensive talent but its evened out by world class defensive players like Hummels and especially Busquets anchoring the midfield. De Gea's presence between the sticks will radiant confidence to the defense and make it difficult for even the most talented attackers to break through. Most of the attacking players are versatile and can switch positions when necessary to keep the opposition guessing. Muller will be assuming the role Rooney has been recently for United and will be the nexus of the offense. Marin will put Cling's less experienced fullbacks under pressure and Sulejmani will be required to drop back at times to nullify the threat of Cling's wide players especially Di Maria. Busquets will also be utilized to monitor the threat of the flanks but will always have one eye on ozil to keep his influence on the match at a minimum. Most of the attack will probably come through the middle or on the left with Marin supplying Müller and Arnautović from the left and Müller moving the ball from deeper areas in midfield to more advanced positions.
More details of the teams can be found: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/new-fantasy-draft-quarter-finals-329475/

The late late match for our overseas audience...:nervous:

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
David De Gea:
I probably dont have to save much about Athletico Madrid's talented young shot stopper. He has become hot property in Spain playing 37+ times this season and becoming one of the top targets to replace veteran ace Edwin van der Sar at Old Trafford next season.

Mats Hummels:

Borussia Dortmunds's rock in central defense, he is an integral part of their first place defensive record in the Bundesliga. Hummels has already earned 4 caps as a full international and has 21 caps in Germany's U21 team. He has an especially impressive scoring record with 10 goals for Dortmund in 2009-2011 (scoring 5 in each season) and 5 goals while playing for the U21. With 30 plus games already this season and just as many in 09/10 he has a wealth of experience at the top level for a young defender.

Isaac Vorsah:

Partnering Hummels in the central defense is another defender more than happy to chip in with a goal now and then. Vorsah has 3 goals already this season and an impressive appearance record at Hoffenheim of 71 games total in the last 3 seasons (29+ in 10/11). Vorsah has also earned 15 call ups to Ghana's national team in recent years giving him experience from in and outside of Europe. At 6ft 5 (192cm) he is extremely imposing and not afraid to get physical.

Ivan Obradovic:

The Real Zaragoza and Serbian full back has 20 appearances this season for his club and an impressive 16 caps for Serbia scoring 1 goal. He has good pace and likes to play with his left foot.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos:

AC Milan's versatile defender slots in at rightback. As well as having a cool name he has been called up to the Greek national team 18 times and though only having played 5 times for Milan this season he has plenty of club experience at Genoa playing 51 times and scoring 2 goals from 2008-2010.

Sergio Busquets:

Despite a questionable personality and ethics its hard to take anything away from his abilities as a player. Since early 2008 Busquets has played 82+ matches for arguably the best club midfield of recent years. He has won every trophy possible including the Champions League and World Cup and has also amassed an impressive 28 caps for the world champions.

Thiago Alcântara:
Though he may not have the minutes/caps of his other team mates Alcantara makes up for it by experience at the very top of the game. 10 games for the first team this season show that he can fill the huge expectations of being a Barcelona midfielder. He also played a major role in Spain's 2008 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship triumph and was again instrumental in Spain's 2010 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship campaign.

Marko Marin:

An established German international Marin is one of the promising youngsters that were brought to the World Cup in South Africa. At only 22 He already can claim 16 caps for the elite international side. Marin currently plays for Budesliga side Werder Bremen and has an extremely impressive 89+ games from 2009-2011 scoring 12 goals and 24 assists.

Miralem Sulejmani:

Playing on the right wing is the Ajax and Serbian attacker. Another player with loads of experience Sulejmani has played 115+ times for Ajax over the past 3 seasons and has 13 goals in 2010/2011. He has been capped for Serbia 7 times as a full international. Sulejmani is an extremely versatile player able to play in most attacking positions.

Thomas Müller:

Another versatile attacking option, Müller was the top scorer at the 2010 WC in SA and one of Germany's most important players. He can boast an impressive 15 caps for Germany with 7 goals to his name. On the club side Müller has played for Bayern Munich over 98 times in the last two seasons scoring 19 last season and 19+ in 2011.

Marko Arnautović:
Spearheading the attack is the 192cm forward from Austria. Arnautović currently plays for Werder Bremen already has 31 appearances 4 goals and 4 assists for his club this season. For Austria he has 9 caps scoring 4 goals for his country.

The Team:

I took a gamble with no United or premier league players and tried to find players with large amounts of experience for top European sides and countries. My team has a strong German and Spanish backbone with multiple players that have existing chemistry from playing together regularly. They also have the advantage that most the players are fluent or at least familiar with the German and/or Spanish language so communication will be significantly easier.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
IBR got some big players but Cling's team is too good, quality all over and a good balance.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't think Clings has the greatest balance, but a better one than IBleed and a better team for sure.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
True, the midfields aren't great but yours has improved a hell of a lot by taking Wilshere off of me

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well, one game at a time and all that, also the SF will be a very long thread with my new assistant coming up against his former side. :lol:

K Stand Knut

Cling for me - that attacking quartet is just something else. Sheer quality, even at the age range we had to choose from

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Cling for me - that attacking quartet is just something else. Sheer quality, even at the age range we had to choose from
Yep - and worth remembering that he even discarded Adam Johnson in the last round - he would get in virtually all of the other teams here

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Granted Cling has some good attacking players but I think my defense is very talented and Cling would have a harder time scoring against it than most other teams

Valentino

Val has no interest in it, was always going to happen...
some of us have day jobs kid. but yeah this kinda boring game as Cling is head and shoulders above his opposition. Bring on semifinals

IBleedRed its unfortunate for you with a draw that you got such a tough opponent

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You've got the best centre back and holding mid in the draft, and two very talented Spaniards, but 3 of the front four have proven nothing except they excel at flattering to deceive, IMO.

Brwned

Maybe but hasn't he looked a little bit erratic recently? Keepers are hard to judge when they're so young and relying on talent alone. It wasn't long ago that Asenjo was seen as a cert to be a star and Atletico brought him in ahead of De Gea. He didn't settle instantly but he might be ready now to do even better than De Gea if he moves on.

I've really liked the look of Ospina, Szczesny and De Gea but I wouldn't be confident about saying any are the best.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Maybe United can announce signing De Gea before the end of the day and I can get a few muppet fueled votes :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Cling Bak running away with the last QF. It looks like we have our lineup for the SF...

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
IBR's defence is just a bit too weak for me. Both of them obviously have far better attack than defence, but Clings back line at least looks workable; other than De Gea, IBR doesnt really have any defenders I would regard as being top quality (in terms of the draft)

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
IBR's defence is just a bit too weak for me. Both of them obviously have far better attack than defence, but Clings back line at least looks workable; other than De Gea, IBR doesnt really have any defenders I would regard as being top quality (in terms of the draft)
Hummels is top class maybe the best CB in the draft

Brwned

Subotic/Hummels is like Vidic/Ferdinand, Hummels really is fantastic all round.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hummels is one of the top CBs in the draft no doubt, but there is a reason I picked Subotic first. ;)

Cal?

CR7 fan
what is that reason mate?
Subotic is more experienced than Hummels, being a regular for Serbia where Hummels has only made fleeting appearances for Germany. Also, Subotic must have learnt a lot from the bestest CB in the world. :keano:

Valentino

by the way brwned i was wondering for some time now. How much footie per week do you watch? Like 20 games per week? Do you group games like Bundesliga on monday, seria a on tuesday, Northern european soccer for wednesday, south america for thursday? Or maybe you are watching more of highlights than full games.

Valentino

Subotic is more experienced than Hummels, being a regular for Serbia where Hummels has only made fleeting appearances for Germany. Also, Subotic must have learnt a lot from the bestest CB in the world. :keano:
Thats what i thought. Playing alongside the capitan of United is what gives Subotic edge.

Brwned

I don't watch any highlights and I'm sure I greatly exaggerate how much I've seen of numerous players (through overly definitive opinions). From looking at my hard drive I've downloaded 120-odd games this season and I've probably not even watched half of them.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
In desperation I have called Busquets over and given him instructions to act like a fanny and get someone from Cling's team sent off

As if he needed instructions...

Cal?

CR7 fan
In desperation I have called Busquets over and given him instructions to act like a fanny and get someone from Cling's team sent off

As if he needed instructions...

Commentator: Oh, Busquets has gone down there, has he been elbowed in the face? Surely it must be a red card... *shows replay*

Oh, his collar was tapped and his face hurts... on you go son...