New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Round 1 - Match 1

Which team do you think would win Match 1?

• Total voters

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.

Match 1 - GingerPrince11 vs phelans shorts

GingerPrince11

Tactics
I don’t want to bore you lot, and the majority won’t even read this. But, against Phelans Short’s team, I feel the game will be played and won through the wings. Hazard and Neymar are quality wingers able to cut in and shot at ease, I don’t see his half-backs being very successful against them. And there’s always Kagawa being able to provide width, by switching positions with either Hazard or Neymar. Necid’s 6’3’ frame and heading ability will be ideal as my wingers send crosses in, which will cause problems for his centre backs, especially Mussachio.

Sandro and Bender will do well in containing Hamsik and Phelan’s wingers, similar to how Bender kept Holtby out of the game earlier this season (Dortmund vs. Mainz). Both midfielders are comfortable on the ball and able to make key forward passes.

Kjear and Jones are both experienced defenders, and are strong and quick enough to keep Pato out of the game. And Kagawa engine will be key as he keeps Fellani and Sahin on their toes, pressuring them when defending, and making hidden runs when on the attack.
phelans shorts

Tactical overview.

Well for this opening game the tactics will be quite simple, relying heavily on the pace of counter attacks, Fellaini and Sahin sitting deep and allowing us to soak up pressure, breaking up play before releasing the ball to Hamsik/wide men for rapid breaks, with crosses coming in to the box for Fellaini arriving late, Hamsik releasing through balls to Pato more centrally and the combined ability of all of them to make things happen with the ball at their feet, full backs tracking the wingers of GP's side.
More details of the teams can be found: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/new-fantasy-draft-completed-teams-327994/

The match is underway, which team do you think would come out victorious?

GingerPrince11

A short description of the players on my team!

Sven Ulriech- Starting goalkeeper for Stuttgart, the German has quick reflexes, agile and most importantly, a good shot-stopper.

Kyle Naughton- Probably more known during his days at Sheffield United, and his transfer to Tottenham. Naughton is quite quick, and able to defend with his positioning. He also has an eye for the goal, scoring five goals this season for Leiceister City and has been named to the PFA Championship’s Team of the year (his second time, also in 2008-09)

Simon Kjear- One of the most-sought after defender in the world, the Danish international has put in impressive performances both internationally and for his club, Wolfsburg.

Phil Jones- Another sought-after centre defender, besides being English. Does anything else really matter? Besides being versatile, Jones is a good reader of the game, good with the ball at his feet and a great tackler.

Daniel Schwaab- A relative unknown, the young german has represented the U-21s numerous times, winning the U-21 European Championship. Schwaab plies his trade with Bayern Leverkusen, his ability to defend is the reason why I picked him, as the majority of the other teams will contain more attack-minded players.

Sandro- The Brazilian defensive midfielder took his time to get settled when arriving in England, most recently put in a MoM performance against Milan and scoring a cracker at Stamford Bridge.

Sven Bender- The unsung hero that is one of the reasons of Borussia Dortmund’s rise to the top. Besides having a joke of a name, Bender does all the dirty work, plugging the holes between the midfielder and defence, and maintain Dortmund’s pressing game.

Eden Hazard- The young Belgian winger has been a regular for Lille, collecting over 100 league appearances at the age 20, with the ability to change a game in a heartbeat, he has been compared to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.

Shinji Kagawa- The young Japanese, was a relatively unknown few months ago, but has made some standout performances for Bundesliga Champions’ Borussia Dortmund and for Japan at the Asian Cup.

Neymar- The young Brazilian has been compared to other Brazilian Greats, the young starlet has already represented the Brazilian National Team, scoring two goals against Scotland and is one to watch at this year’s Copa America.

Tomas Necid- Tall, strong, and an eye for the goal are just some the qualities Tomas Necid possess, the Czech is a regular for both CSKA Moscow and his national team, where he has netted 6 times in 18 appearances.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Btw, I forgot to ask Dr to include it in the opening paragraph, but the poll will last 24 hours.

Whilst I'm debating if I should vote strategically.

Enigma_87

You know who
1 for PS.

Although lighter in defence. His team is more balanced IMO with some pretty solid names on paper..

Cal?

CR7 fan
Wow 10-10 right now...

I'll vote when I get up...

Valentino

Are you guys for real?

Man by man in every position phelan shorts team has a better or equal player to gingerprince team, maybe only except neymar vs albrington. And yet u keep voting for ginger.

Is that of some kind of sympathy for the kid who selected such a poor team? or you wanna see a massive underdog win so bad? I mean sure in football it happens, sometimes a huge underdog pulls out a miracle win versus superior team. But this is fantasy football, and here the better team always win. so just fecking vote for a better team, vote for phelan shorts.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I voted for Phelans Shorts but I'm assuming it is the lack of balance in the midfield that is hindering him.

sajeev

Are you guys for real?

Man by man in every position phelan shorts team has a better or equal player to gingerprince team, maybe only except neymar vs albrington. And yet u keep voting for ginger.

Is that of some kind of sympathy for the kid who selected such a poor team? or you wanna see a massive underdog win so bad? I mean sure in football it happens, sometimes a huge underdog pulls out a miracle win versus superior team. But this is fantasy football, and here the better team always win. so just fecking vote for a better team, vote for phelan shorts.
your players aren't all that great and they are set-up wrong.
Ginger has a better balance between defense and attack. And Pato has gone down slightly in the reputation stakes (for a number of reasons)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are you guys for real?

You are not helping his cause in any way posting that.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
It would be easy for me (and 13 others) to vote tactically everytime in these, but that wouldn't be fair and I hope nobody would throw the game like that.

For me, phelans shorts all day long. Very balanced, great going forward and solid defensive mids. I like this team a lot.

Mighty Boosh

For me it has to be Ginger Prince, I think his side is a lot more balanced and the front three of Hazard, Neymar and Necid would work very well.

I'm just not convinced Pato could be effective as a lone striker for Phelan's Shorts

Valentino

For me it has to be Ginger Prince, I think his side is a lot more balanced and the front three of Hazard, Neymar and Necid would work very well.

I'm just not convinced Pato could be effective as a lone striker for Phelan's Shorts
yeah Necid would work much better instead of Pato. i am sure if u switched them your vote would go for ps.

Mighty Boosh

yeah Necid would work much better instead of Pato. i am sure if u switched them your vote would go for ps.
No, that's not what I said. If for example your team partnered Pato up front with Necid (not that I particularly rate him that highly but Pato needs a strike partner) and went to a 4-4-2 dropping Albrighton then you would definitely have my vote, I just think Ginger Prince's team is more balanced at the moment. It's going to be a close one though.

Valentino

No, that's not what I said. If for example your team partnered Pato up front with Necid (not that I particularly rate him that highly but Pato needs a strike partner) and went to a 4-4-2 dropping Albrighton then you would definitely have my vote, I just think Ginger Prince's team is more balanced at the moment. It's going to be a close one though.
well its not about picking the most balanced team, its about picking the best team. many would say Man United is not balanced side because of the weak central midfield. yet they will participate in Champions League final

GingerPrince11

well its not about picking the most balanced team, its about picking the best team. many would say Man United is not balanced side because of the weak central midfield. yet they will participate in Champions League final
The best team is a balanced team, and who says we not a balanced team? (in regards to Manchester United). We lack a quality attacking midfielder, but our defense and attack is one of the best around, and our midfield is sufficient enough to ensure we are able to defend and create opportunities to score.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ironically, you picked a side which least resembles yours. Your team lacks quality out wide and defence will be found wanting. Man Utd IS a well-balanced side which looks like they're lacking in quality at centre midfield only because of the sheer quality of the rest of the team.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Every team will have strengths and weaknesses, that is the nature of the draft system, hence why for me if someone has been able to get a balanced side then that is a major positive factor.

FWIW I voted ginger prince. The fact that the vote is so close shows that the teams are quite evenly matched, negating any real advantage of tactical voting

Valentino

The best team is a balanced team, and who says we not a balanced team? (in regards to Manchester United). We lack a quality attacking midfielder, but our defense and attack is one of the best around, and our midfield is sufficient enough to ensure we are able to defend and create opportunities to score.
How your team is more balanced. PS have better GK and better fullbacks. You edge in central defence. Now midfield ok u have these 2 fantastic wingers (even though i doubt anyone had seen much of Neymar) and solid central. But PS has fantastic central midfield and solid wings. Thats pretty equal to me. And PS forward shits all over your forward.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Plus if you tactically vote you are a bit of a twat.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Voting for the worst team to improve your chances of winning (obviously only applies to those participating in the draft).