New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Round 1 - Match 1

Which team do you think would win Match 1?

• Total voters

johnmufc

It is a difficult decision, but I will choose phelans shorts.

Valentino

22-23 thats it. finish the voting. lets announce the winner.

Valentino

But remember I dont have an assistant, so I am already down one vote.
no mate. i voted honestly. If i thought u had the better team i would voted for you. But i dont.

Holtby, pato and Hamsik in my opinion is just to much for your team to handle. some said that pato is isolated upfront. But Holtby is lke this Ronaldo/Messi kinda figure he plays inside forward in this team, he provides more than enough support.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How your team is more balanced. PS have better GK and better fullbacks. You edge in central defence. Now midfield ok u have these 2 fantastic wingers (even though i doubt anyone had seen much of Neymar) and solid central. But PS has fantastic central midfield and solid wings. Thats pretty equal to me. And PS forward shits all over your forward.
You're talking about quality not balance, although in saying that I don't think PS' team lacks balance.

He's saying that Necid is suited to playing up top on his own - whether that's true or not I don't know, he plays alongside a partner currently - whereas Pato isn't. I would tend to agree that it's far from Pato's best role, he doesn't even look all that comfortable there for Brazil despite heavy support from Neymar. It involves too much selfless work that he doesn't thrive doing. It helps having Holtby pushing on alongside him at times but Albrighton won't help there at all and getting on the end of crosses is hardly Pato's forte. I'd have Pato in a striking two or in a wide position before up top on his own.

I just think that Neymar's up against PS' weakest player (with help from Albrighton) and would exploit that, and Hazard and Kagawa would be an absolute handful for Sahin and Fellaini. I don't see anywhere in the team that cause as much trouble for GP11.

That said, if PS' team wins and takes either Neymar (better player) or Hazard (better fit) for Albrighton it completely changes the look of the team.

Valentino

You're talking about quality not balance, although in saying that I don't think PS' team lacks balance.

He's saying that Necid is suited to playing up top on his own - whether that's true or not I don't know, he plays alongside a partner currently - whereas Pato isn't. I would tend to agree that it's far from Pato's best role, he doesn't even look all that comfortable there for Brazil despite heavy support from Neymar. It involves too much selfless work that he doesn't thrive doing. It helps having Holtby pushing on alongside him at times but Albrighton won't help there at all and getting on the end of crosses is hardly Pato's forte. I'd have Pato in a striking two or in a wide position before up top on his own.

I just think that Neymar's up against PS' weakest player (with help from Albrighton) and would exploit that, and Hazard and Kagawa would be an absolute handful for Sahin and Fellaini. I don't see anywhere in the team that cause as much trouble for GP11.

That said, if PS' team wins and takes either Neymar (better player) or Hazard (better fit) for Albrighton it completely changes the look of the team.
i agree that Pato is not used to his full potential. but on the other hand this not fully used Pato is still way better than most of all other strikers. so though team doesnt fulfil its all potential, it cant be called major disadvantage to vote against it

And yeah Albrington is the odd one on the team. Its strange to have him, the only use of him is for fellaini arrive to the box trying to get on his cross. He is a weak point. Hopefully PS will get a chance to fix it for next match.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Ps's Assistant must be close to a touchline ban, giving it lots of lip on the sideline. :lol:

MalteseRedDevil

if this draft is won by a single vote then the assistant manager will be the decisive vote. Not getting an assistant may be gingers biggest mistake

Valentino

if this draft is won by a single vote then the assistant manager will be the decisive vote. Not getting an assistant may be gingers biggest mistake
are you implying that i vote for PS team just because i work for him? How dear you. I am honest man.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
The assistant manager vote is going to haunt GingerPrince... Any mods fancy promoting my assistant, ParkJiSy ? :angel:

Valentino

The assistant manager vote is going to haunt GingerPrince... Any mods fancy promoting my assistant, ParkJiSy ? :angel:
for the love of god. can u stop talking about assistant vote? it decided nothing at all. It is irritating and it insults my honour. For like 100 hundred time i say i didnt not vote just for sake of voting for my team. i voted for the team i though was better.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
for the love of god. can u stop talking about assistant vote? it decided nothing at all. It is irritating and it insults my honour. For like 100 hundred time i say i didnt not vote just for sake of voting for my team. i voted for the team i though was better.
:lol: It was more of an attempt to get my assistant promoted as he is a good mate of mine in non-internet life ;)

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
peep-peep!

A tight contest but phelans shorts comes out the winner after a terse second half. thanks everyone for voting and see you at the next match!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hard luck mate.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Wow, finished with just 1 vote between you...

Final score 26-25 to PS

Valentino

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a win!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What a game. From 13-19 down early, to win this by 26-25. Absolutely incredible. What a fighting spirit.

Congratulation Phelan Shorts. This is the moment we worked so hard for last 2 weeks. amazing achievement

And Ginger Prince. well nice game mate. I would like to tell you that you were strong and worthy opponent of this great PS team. But you just weren't. The only problem was that albrington kid down the right flank who cost PS votes.

But now it can be fixed by only deciding which one to take away from you Neymar or Hazard. And for this i am thankful to you Ginger Prince.