New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Round 1 - Match 2

Which team do you think would win Match 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Although Cling's attacking 4 are already very strong, I think it has to be Di Maria or Lukaku

Di Maria would just be a like for like change - whereas Lukaku would give a different look to the team with a big man upfront

AttackingFlair

The side is heavily reliant on Ozil for creativity. Henderson and Ramsey as a pair would be good enough defensively and also offer more creativity and keep the ball better.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I do think Muamba sticks out like a sore thumb in the side, and strongly disagree with the idea that he's anything more than an average passer (his passing % is lower than anyone in our team bar Giggs and Bebe, is the worst in the Bolton midfield bar Lee Chung-Yong and Taylor, and achieves this despite being only making 5 yard passes every game) but I didn't think either Ramsey or Gotze had enough about them defensively to keep it balanced.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Poor bugger. His team isn't as bad as the vote makes it look.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I do think Muamba sticks out like a sore thumb in the side, and strongly disagree with the idea that he's anything more than an average passer (his passing % is lower than anyone in our team bar Giggs and Bebe, is the worst in the Bolton midfield bar Lee Chung-Yong and Taylor, and achieves this despite being only making 5 yard passes every game) but I didn't think either Ramsey or Gotze had enough about them defensively to keep it balanced.
Exactly - and Muamba isnt there for passing ability, he is there to get his foot in and win the ball - which he does very well !

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Exactly - and Muamba isnt there for passing ability, he is there to get his foot in and win the ball - which he does very well !
I dunno, I don't see a whole lot of Bolton games - and obviously he's not one for MOTD - but when in the England u21 team he (and Cattermole) always looked so limited, so technically lacking, that they'd never be able to make it in a good side. I don't think he's exceptional at winning it back and I think he is so poor on the ball that he'd need to be to make up for it.

Not my kind of player to say the least!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Think you are underrating him there - although I have seen him more for England U21 than Bolton - he is even captain sometimes so quite highly regarded.

You need players like Cattermole and Muamba - might be limited in some ways but play an important defensive role (England had Batty and Butt doing the same in the past)- I think one of them might end up as a full international sooner or later as I dont see any other ready to take Barry's place in the squad.

AttackingFlair

Henderson holding and Ramsey being a sort of deep lying play maker wouldn't be too bad. His other priority is the striker. Wingers aren't the best but I guess he could do worse in an under 23(?) fantasy draft.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Reckon swopping Lukaku for Johnson, with Ozil given a free-role on the left to do his magic and Walcott acting as a wing-forward with Bojan and Lukaku. Would offer a nice option of 433 and 442 depending on opponents.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well, I guess this is pretty much decided...

*off to prepare match 3*

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
That's because I voted for DE just to give the vote a slightly less landslide feel.

I honestly don't think DE's team is that bad.
Yeah, I feel bad too I voted for Cling. But I do believe his team is better..

Valentino

to be honest the more you look at DE team the more you realize what an incredible pool of talent he managed to get together. I guess the problem is, many voters they dont think to much about it. They see oh Bojan, ozil and welcott and vote for it.they dont stop to give a deeper thought about DE team. there are not that much of big names, but there is plenty of pure talent.

i believe his team is the strongest from the 2 matches we seen so far. I think he is this kinda genius who so easily identified top talent and got it, but he got crushed cause common peasant voting just cant think on his level.

I am not saying that Cling team is bad. Its great but to go for the most recognizable names is easy, anyone can do it. But DE did something great with his team. If it was real competition and not votes i would actually fancy his team to win this whole damn thing.

maybe Cling just knew how to appeal to voters, maybe thats why Cling deserves to win it. But lets say i would ten time much rather DE was United scout than Cling. I mean basing purely on the teams assembled. If SAF asked for striker, Cling would say "yeah there is this Bojan 4 years ago he was hyped as new coming of jesus, got called up for spain, sit on Barca bench".... and DE seems to me like the guy who would say "hm Sir Alex actually there is this kid in Mexico goes by the name Chicharito..."

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
to be honest the more you look at DE team the more you realize what an incredible pool of talent he managed to get together. I guess the problem is, many voters they dont think to much about it. They see oh Bojan, ozil and welcott and vote for it.they dont stop to give a deeper thought about DE team. there are not that much of big names, but there is plenty of pure talent.

i believe his team is the strongest from the 2 matches we seen so far. I think he is this kinda genius who so easily identified top talent and got it, but he got crushed cause common peasant voting just cant think on his level.

I am not saying that Cling team is bad. Its great but to go for the most recognizable names is easy, anyone can do it. But DE did something great with his team. If it was real competition and not votes i would actually fancy his team to win this whole damn thing.

maybe Cling just knew how to appeal to voters, maybe thats why Cling deserves to win it. But lets say i would ten time much rather DE was United scout than Cling. I mean basing purely on the teams assembled. If SAF asked for striker, Cling would say "yeah there is this Bojan 4 years ago he was hyped as new coming of jesus, got called up for spain, sit on Barca bench".... and DE seems to me like the guy who would say "hm Sir Alex actually there is this kid in Mexico goes by the name Chicharito..."
You voted for Cling.

GingerPrince11

There's another Chicharito?

You voted for Cling.
pwnage.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Can we give him manager of the year award or smth as consolation prize for his effort?
Well, I can't give out any awards, and whilst I agree with you that DE's team is a good effort, that still doesn't change the fact the majority of caftards don't think much of it.

Anyway, I've sent Dr the information for match 3, hopefully it'll be up soon.

Valentino

Well, I can't give out any awards, and whilst I agree with you that DE's team is a good effort, that still doesn't change the fact the majority of caftards don't think much of it.

Anyway, I've sent Dr the information for match 3, hopefully it'll be up soon.
the winner of next match will face Cling. so we will have the first quarterfinal game set up.

oh and one of the competitors selected Chris Wood 4th choice.

AttackingFlair

What are you on about? I'm sure no one voted simply because Bojan was on the team. DE has good players but no balance at all in midfield and to top it off, he's playing 442 with these unbalanced midfielders.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Well done Cling. Valentino, thank you for the compliments. I too blame the common peasant voting.