New Gillette ad

Ekeke

Seems to be a crime to be born a white male these days.
Then why were a couple of white males used to show men breaking up fights and bullying with younger people, teaching their children to expect better?

Do you think they forgot to edit them out?

stevoc

The ad is a bit cheesy and lays it on a bit thick, but the overall message is positive. And that message is basically don't be a cnut, they should have just went with that.

Gillette: Don't be a cnut.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
They just want the extra publicity, so I say good on them for being smart and knowing this would give them just that.

Their creative director deserves a raise.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Then why were a couple of white males used to show men breaking up fights and bullying with younger people, teaching their children to expect better?

Do you think they forgot to edit them out?
What kind of fecking animal is going to stand there and watch their child fight rather than break it up? You have got to be one fecked up cnut to do anything other than break it up. The whole advert is a load of bollocks.

99.9% of men of all races are decent people that don’t rape, beat and bully women.

I buy Gillette razor to shave my fecking face, not get a life lesson on how shit men are.

Ekeke

What kind of fecking animal is going to stand there and watch their child fight rather than break it up? You have got to be one fecked up cnut to do anything other than break it up. The whole advert is a load of bollocks.

99.9% of men of all races are decent people that don’t rape, beat and bully women.

I buy Gillette razor to shave my fecking face, not get a life lesson on how shit men are.
Their child. You missed the one who grabbed his child, walked over to some teenagers and broke up that fight.

Rape? Whats that got to do with this video?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Pepsi as racial equality tsar, P&G as feminism chief, Elon Musk as green living and child protection guru.

This is the world you wanted you fecking idiots. You fecking idiots!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Their child. You missed the one who grabbed his child, walked over to some teenagers and broke up that fight.

Rape? Whats that got to do with this video?
It’s the implication that men are low down dirty scoundrels. My point was that most of us are decent guys that don’t do that shit.

Look, I’m not going to argue with you. We are obviously seeing this differently. I just found it a very unnecessary message from a company that make fecking razor blades.

Ekeke

It’s the implication that men are low down dirty scoundrels. My point was that most of us are decent guys that don’t do that shit.

Look, I’m not going to argue with you. We are obviously seeing this differently. I just found it a very unnecessary message from a company that make fecking razor blades.
No, some men. While a bunch of others that were specifically mentioned in the 2nd half of the video are doing what they can to change that and hold other men accountable

Did you watch the whole video?

bpet15

The message is fine and have no real issue with it, other than the preachy nature.

As a commercial, it is a bit shit.

Would like someone to make an advert asking the CEO if he is the best a man can get, given that the cost of a Gillete blade is about $.10 with packaging, yet he charges the absolute shit out of us to buy them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a good ad add with a relevant message.

99.9% is a stretch. There's enough that misbehave for it to be a problem. Do you not think rape/violence/molestation of or against women is a problem?

Also, I always find it amusing how some men, in the face of scrutiny aimed at them (in general), you know, the gender that's carrying out the majority of these acts, decide to play victim. Gillette's message of being more responsible and transparent is ironically exactly what is required as opposed to being defensive and crying foul over the way we're being judged.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
They aren't losing because they of their ads. They are losing because their razors are a rip-off and their competitors offer the same quality for cheaper.

R'hllor

Weird, dont think that commercial will make me more to go and buy a Gillette razor, DrDisRespect Gillette song has more impact then this.

Putting msg on side, looking from commercial pov.

Fridge chutney

They aren't losing because they of their ads. They are losing because their razors are a rip-off and their competitors offer the same quality for cheaper.
I was going to say that Gilette is hardly "losing", because grooming category accounts for 10% of P&G net sales and 14% of net earnings.

But then I checked and Gilette has lost market share to Dollar Shave Club and other competitors for 6 years running! Losing indeed, and it likely boils down to price.

Cait Sith

So when a woman walks by on the street and a buddy of mine is attracted to her and wants to follow her to say "hi" and ask for her number, I should stop him right away by saying: "Bro, not cool, not cool."

Okay.

fergieisold

Thought it was fine, outrage culture and bandwagonning commence. Ad shows some men who are assholes and some others that arent. I feel like people only watched the first 20 seconds then respond
Other than the sexual harassment it is bollocks. So to be a good man I need to - stop hitting on women, stop thinking hot girls dancing in their bikinis are hot and stop little boys play fighting because boys being boys is not cool and actually boys need to be more like girls.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Other than the sexual harassment it is bollocks. So to be a good man I need to - stop hitting on women, stop thinking hot girls dancing in their bikinis are hot and stop little boys play fighting because boys being boys is not cool and actually boys need to be more like girls.
Snowflake.

Am I doing this right?

And don't bother coming back at me. Be stoic and manly and take it on the chin.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
So when a woman walks by on the street and a buddy of mine is attracted to her and wants to follow her to say "hi" and ask for her number, I should stop him right away by saying: "Bro, not cool, not cool."

Okay.
This is disgusting I think you'll find she did not consent to being spoke to. :nono:

And what about the other fella, didn't he tell the girl to smile or something? Off to the gulag with that one, he needs some "not cool bro" re-education.

Actually to be a good man you need to actively stop other men doing those things. That's why today I'm going to put on my anti-rape shoes and consent cape, so I can patrol the streets to make sure to prevent as many men as possible from speaking to women.

Also if I see a gang of kids beating up another kid, I'm going to sort em out with a bit of "come on guys" (maybe a "not cool bro" if they really deserve it). I'll make sure there's some kids around to witness my heroics, I just hope me getting my ass kicked doesn't traumatise them too much.

Snowflake.

Am I doing this right?

And don't bother coming back at me. Be stoic and manly and take it on the chin.
Funny how men are apparently supposed to talk about their feelings more, unless you find saccharine corporate trash telling you to be a better man and how to go about it rather insulting, it's not those feelings you're meant to talk about. It's the other ones!

And you are doing it wrong, it's broflake. :lol:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Funny how men are apparently supposed to talk about their feelings more, unless you find saccharine corporate trash telling you to be a better man and how to go about it rather insulting, it's not those feelings you're meant to talk about. It's the other ones!

And you are doing it wrong, it's broflake. :lol:
I didn't see any feelings in that post, just a stack of snowflakey opinions, broflake.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
It's funny how people here are claiming Gilette has hit a PR home run (I mean I guess all publicity is good publicity), but at the same time they are actively deleting tonnes of comments on YT and people are even saying their dislikes have been removed.

For an ad that has apparently "smashed it out the park" they seem to be very interested in damage limitation and attemps to manipulate public perception.

Minimalist

It's funny how people here are claiming Gilette has hit a PR home run (I mean I guess all publicity is good publicity), but at the same time they are actively deleting tonnes of comments on YT and people are even saying their dislikes have been removed.

For an ad that has apparently "smashed it out the park" they seem to be very interested in damage limitation and attemps to manipulate public perception.
Likes/dislikes/Comments on what? YouTube?
About 99% of the sites comments (on all videos) should be deleted anyway (daily mail has a competitor here) and the like/dislike feature is fecking stupid and prone to brigades. Means nothing in the real world.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Likes/dislikes/Comments on what? YouTube?
About 99% of the sites comments (on all videos) should be deleted anyway (daily mail has a competitor here) and the like/dislike feature is fecking stupid and prone to brigades. Means nothing in the real world.
On YouTube yeah. Well to be fair whilst I agree YT comments are usually a cesspool in this case the comments being deleted are the highly voted ones that are just taking the piss and are pretty funny.

Well whatever we think of likes/dislikes (agree with brigading) it is a bit telling that they are removing the dislikes :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
And what about the other fella, didn't he tell the girl to smile or something? Off to the gulag with that one, he needs some "not cool bro" re-education.
Surely to god after (I'm guessing) 20+ years on this planet you've heard women complaining about random men telling them to smile? It's one of the classic examples of everyday sexism they constantly bring up, as are things like wolf whistling or strangers randomly commenting how they look. Men who go around saying that to random women are actually dicks as well as clowns and should certainly be called so by other guys. Forget re-education, basic education should cover that.

Yeah these days.

These days mate, say you’re English and you get arrested and thrown in jail.
First thing I thought of. Quite funny seeing someone say something so parodically stupid it is literally satire. Like seeing someone who wants Brexit actually demand bendy bananas and blue passports.

Last edited:

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Surely to god after (I'm guessing) 20+ years on this planet you've heard women complaining about random men telling them to smile? It's one of the classic examples of everyday sexism they constantly bring up, as are things like wolf whistling or strangers randomly commenting how they look. Men who go around saying that to random women are actually dicks as well as clowns and should certainly be called so by other guys. Forget re-education, basic education should cover that.
Well in the ad they are shooting a video (you can see the guy holding a camera) so the context is a bit more understandable. But of course it would be fecking annoying if you're chilling at a party and someone comes up to you and asks you to smile in the middle of a conversation.

But I guess I'm just not woke enough to realize that there's a rampant sexist epidemic of men asking women to smile. I'll look out for that on my next misogyny patrol :lol:

As for men commenting on how a woman looks, that sounds absolutely terrible. #literallyshaking

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Well in the ad they are shooting a video (you can see the guy holding a camera) so the context is a bit more understandable. But of course it would be fecking annoying if you're chilling at a party and someone comes up to you and asks you to smile in the middle of a conversation.

But I guess I'm just not woke enough to realize that there's a rampant sexist epidemic of men asking women to smile. I'll look out for that on my next misogyny patrol :lol:

As for men commenting on how a woman looks, that sounds absolutely terrible. #literallyshaking
I'd be lowering that age estimation you made there @sullydnl