New Gillette ad

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Unbelievable stuff.

We're being served up poison and these mother feckers are arguing over how it tastes. Why do we want corporations to be our dads so much and why do some want to suck their dad's cock.
Obligatory paranoid gif:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Advertising has always promoted social change - it's one reason why we have an increasingly self-centred society.'Be the envy of all your friends' is a classic advertising slogan...and what a seductive, destructive slogan it is.
The best way to show support for women having the right to vote is by smoking cancer sticks I mean Torches of Freedom!

hobbers

This is how it always is. These “PC gone mad!” types always seem to be the ones getting offended over everything, while at the same time telling everyone else they’re an easily offended snowflake.
The reality of course is that everyone who rampantly posts their politics online is almost certainly going to be a snowflake.

That's what happens in a culture that has elevated offence-taking up to the status of a noble act, rather than the utter irrelevance that it actually is.

Last edited:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Unbelievable stuff.

We're being served up poison and these mother feckers are arguing over how it tastes. Why do we want corporations to be our dads so much and why do some want to suck their dad's cock.
Obligatory paranoid gif:
you would like the pizza hut thread. some epic corporation banter going on in there

Blackwidow

What do you think? When it is not single men - who buys the razors? Men or women?

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Why do they not like it? If it doesn’t fall in your garden and you aren’t the type of man who needs to do better, then there’s no reason to be upset about it. It’s as simple as that really.
You simply wouldn't say this about virtually any other demographic.

fellaini's barber

Stopped watching after 10 seconds, looked the oppsite version of all those 'SJW/feminist gets owned compilations' videos idiots post all over youtube

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Well it’s fecking Liverpool, a godforsaken place of subhumans and weirdos. They’re not an accurate sample of the world.

Also, it’s a big assumption to state that women will take over the world in a way that men have ruled the world, let alone in 20-25 years. I think you’re equating womens equality to mens oppression.
Those hen party 'ladies' were actually from Northern Ireland, because Liverpool nightlife is one of the top places in the UK along with the likes of Manchester, London, Newcastle etc. But hey, don't let your prejudice & outdated stereotyping affect your opinions in any way. You carry on showing us just how much you're a modern man who's very much in touch with his feminine side, & people like me will carry on reminding you that today's modern woman is quickly catching up with the c*ntish element showed by a lot of males.

Cloud7

You simply wouldn't say this about virtually any other demographic.
We’re literally talking about a demographic as big as half of humanity here. What is comparable to this? Women? Plants? Dogs?

Men do need to do better. It’s a fact. Many men have friends they know are abusers, and don’t sit down and try to talk their friends out of it. A lot of guys don’t bother telling their friends to cut out their rape-ish tendencies. Is it every man in the world? Certainly not. Do some women act in a reprehensible way comparable to this? Certainly. It cannot be denied that the majority of sexual harassment, sexual assault, violence etc is carried out by men. That is not a controversial statement.

As a guy I don’t feel attacked by this. I watched it and thought “well that’s a good message”.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
99.9% of men of all races are decent people that don’t rape, beat and bully women.
Given that a recent US study showed over half of women (51%) had suffered 'unwanted sexual touching', 34% had been physically followed, 30% had experienced unwanted genital flashing, and 27% had experienced sexual assault, that 0.1% of bad guys you talk about must be really, REALLY busy.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Those hen party 'ladies' were actually from Northern Ireland, because Liverpool nightlife is one of the top places in the UK along with the likes of Manchester, London, Newcastle etc. But hey, don't let your prejudice & outdated stereotyping affect your opinions in any way. You carry on showing us just how much you're a modern man who's very much in touch with his feminine side, & people like me will carry on reminding you that today's modern woman is quickly catching up with the c*ntish element showed by a lot of males.
You are the hero we don't want and don't need.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Oh give over, it was a fecking joke, kind of like your last sentence. Enjoy your paranoia of the modern woman and outrage at fecking shaving ads.

Florida Man

Look out everyone! Woman are going to take over the world and reak havoc on men. Thankfully @redman5 is here to remind us and save our species.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Look out everyone! Woman are going to take over the world and reak havoc on men. Thankfully @redman5 is here to remind us and save our species.
Mine is forcing me to pick up groceries after work today. If that isn't toxic anti-masculinity I don't know what is. It's a new world order.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Given that a recent US study showed over half of women (51%) had suffered 'unwanted sexual touching', 34% had been physically followed, 30% had experienced unwanted genital flashing, and 27% had experienced sexual assault, that 0.1% of bad guys you talk about must be really, REALLY busy.
What's the source on this? I find it extremely hard to believe 1 in 3 women are getting knobs flashed at them.

Halftrack

fecking white men, how dare they!
Just pointing out the obvious that if someone used bots to spam dislikes, it was probably a triggered white dude.
You don't need bots to explain why an advert with a scene decrying "mansplaining" was heavily downvoted.
I was offering it as an explanation for why dislikes were being deleted, since the suggestion seemed to be that Gillette were deleting them.

Another possible explanation is that a high volume of like/dislike, legitimate or not, in a short time-frame caused YouTube's algorithm to suspect botting and remove a bunch of them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even a quick glance at sexual assault, sexual harassment and domestic violence statistics would indicate that women are a long, long way from catching up with the cnutish element shown by a lot of males. Though you really shouldn't need statistics to tell you that if you have any even tangential knowledge of the real world.

Given that, it's hardly outrageous to suggest men might have more of a reason to look at their own behaviour than women. Y'know, given their behaviour quantifiably much, much worse.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I don’t want to get all ‘poor white men’ here, but there does seem to be some hypocrisy regarding them and other groups. It’s not ok to ask Muslims to weed out the bad apples in Islam, and nor should it be. But it’s ok to not only lump all in men together, but also to tell them to suck it up when they take exception to being in the firing line due to the fact they haven’t actually done anything. It’s definitely a double standard.

Shamwow

Insulting another member

I don’t want to get all ‘poor white men’ here, but there does seem to be some hypocrisy regarding them and other groups. It’s not ok to ask Muslims to weed out the bad apples in Islam, and nor should it be. But it’s ok to not only lump all in men together, but also to tell them to suck it up when they take exception to being in the firing line due to the fact they haven’t actually done anything. It’s definitely a double standard.
Nice intersection of being a fragile men's rights activist lacking awareness and being an actual racist in this post. Well done. Did you get that image off The_Donald or something?

2 man midfield

Nice intersection of being a fragile men's rights activist lacking awareness and being an actual racist in this post. Well done. Did you get that image off The_Donald or something?
Where’s the part that isn’t true though?

Lastwolf

I wonder do the likes of Piers Morgan and James Woods realise that by very publicly announcing their intentions to boycott a product in this way they will be giving the company involved exactly the kind of exposure they were looking for. :lol:
They don't care, Piers Morgan only exists to react to shit, he creates or reacts to outrage, he gets attention, he feeds like an emotional vampire, repeat. The worst thing you can do to him is not give a shit what he says.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

It is a double standard but it’s easily explained by a power imbalance that’s been round for fecking ages and is still around now.

All of which means it’s kind of impossible to have any sympathy with blokes who feel persecuted by stuff like the Gillete ad and argue that it’s analagous to racism. I mean, come on, you must be able see how different the two scenarios are?

2 man midfield

It is a double standard but it’s easily explained by a power imbalance that’s been round for fecking ages and is still around now.

All of which means it’s kind of impossible to have any sympathy with blokes who feel persecuted by stuff like the Gillete ad and argue that it’s analagous to racism. I mean, come on, you must be able see how different the two scenarios are?
Of course, but I don’t really get why it’s relevant. Just because my ancestors were mysogynistic assholes means all men have to be tarred with the same brush?

2 man midfield

Black people according to you thinking it's okay to be criminals? That's stormfront shit.
That’s where you’re going wrong. I don’t think that. It’s just an example of how bad this stuff looks when applied to another group.

Last edited:

Shamwow

That’s where you’re going wrong. I don’t think that.
The fact that too many men think it's okay to harrass and bully women is apparently equivalent according to you. You must just be seriously lacking in awareness.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If your argument involves comparing feminism to racism, that should be a red flag that it's a poor argument.

Florida Man

Of course, but I don’t really get why it’s relevant. Just because my ancestors were mysogynistic assholes means all men have to be tarred with the same brush?
A call to action for men to be better men is not the same as tarnishing men with a broad stroke as if we are all animals. Yall are taking this way too personally.

kidbob

Not sure calling people out works in a real world situation. 6 months ago I stepped in to stop 2 youths racially abusing a shopkeeper from Pakistan. 2 days later I was jumped by 4 youths and ended up with a broken ankle. Just back to work last week because of it. These types aren't going to be moved by an ad or by the intervention of others. They are just bad eggs. The content of the ad is fine but the practical behaviour in real world settings in most of those situations is going to get you into a lot of physical altercations. Things like this are only ever going to piss off the people who don't act like this and are never going to change the behaviour of those that do. I don't act like this to people but outside of me being a decent human and keeping the company of decent humans I have no idea how I'm meant to change the behaviour of those who decide to be pricks.

Halftrack

Where’s the part that isn’t true though?
The massive power imbalance between the two groups that it fails to take into account. One is the most powerful group in the western world, by a wide margin, the other is among the weakest.

Crime rates being higher among black people isn't because they're black, but because of poverty (which, in turn, has a lot to do with them being black, because racism). Suggesting that it's because black people think it's okay to commit crime or to be a criminal is massively racist.

The fact that it highlights black-on-white crime (the only crimes committed by black people that white people care about, I guess) and that it's trying to equate feminism to racism are also massive red flags. The person who made it is without a doubt a racist and a sexist.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s a different discussion but nobody is calling all men misogynistic assholes and misogny clearly isn’t an issue that is exclusive to our ancestors. Loads of examples of it still being an issue among young men today. There’s been a bunch of stories coming out of universities in recent years of rugby clubs and the like behaving obnoxiously towards female students.

And, as people keep saying, it’s not about saying all men behave badly. That’s obviously not the case. Some men do behave badly, hence it’s worth reminding all men it’s not on to be a dick to wonen. Think of it like speed limits. Plenty of people can safely drive without regard for speed limits but the roads are safer when everyone is constantly reminded that speeding puts others at risk.