New Kits 23/24

JB7

Looks fantastic. United singlehandedly saving long sleeved football shirts.

Nick7

I guess we'll find out soon enough but its definitely becoming a trend where the player/fan versions are differing more every year.

I cant post links but if you go to utdreport twitter you'll see they just posted the fan version and it doesn't have the stripes, maybe someone can post those pictures
Well damn, I was wrong. Can’t believe there is such a difference

ChrisNelson

Not as bad as I first thought but still a bit underwhelming.

The away kit however, is going straight in my basket!

As someone who grew up around the time we had the blue chevron kit before (I had the full kit!) it's a real throwback and I think it looks amazing.

This home one has a bit of growing to do on me yet, I'm sure I'll end up getting both!

EDIT: The prices continue to absolutely horrify me.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
Meh. Really underwhelming.

Design (absolutely no need for vertical stripe pattern as we had nothing like that before, We're not Milan or Inter ffs) and especially the sponsor look so cheap. Also why TeamViewer so high up the kit and not more in the middle?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That picture with Shaw is the nicest kit in years! I don't understand why the stripes are different on each though. Shaw has a double stripe in the centre rather than the larger stripes.

ChrisNelson

Can’t remember the last time I bought a jersey that wasn’t from DHgate. The prices are absurd.
£65 for just the standard shirt is absolutely outrageous. Especially at a time like this when the country is on its backside, lots of people won't have that kind of money.

Given the ESL fiasco and the pandemic in general, this is a very important time for the club to get fans onside and attempt to fill the ground for the coming season, £65 for a football shirt is not the way to go about it.

Nick7

That picture with Shaw is the nicest kit in years! I don't understand why the stripes are different on each though. Shaw has a double stripe in the centre rather than the larger stripes.
I think it’s just how they are on the kit means they photograph differently.

Judas

Open to offers
Love it, if the long sleeve had the stripes going all the way down it would be obscenely good but oh well.

First kit I've been tempted to buy in over a decade. I won't, but I'm tempted at least.

redshaw

Prefer the non authentic one without the stripes, looks like a classic clean kit. Stripes just look off no matter how faint, I associate that with so many other clubs, adidas have stuck the boot in again.

Glad to see the hideous bus seat cloth gone though, thanks for that one as well adidas. You keep on making those fantastic looking Bayern kits while messing around with ours.

Spoony

The People's President

Design (absolutely no need for vertical stripe pattern as we had nothing like that before, We're not Milan or Inter ffs) and especially the sponsor look so cheap. Also why TeamViewer so high up the kit and not more in the middle?
The sponsor's logo is in the right place. Sharp used to be placed in a similar position. Middle would've looked awful.

padzilla

Hipster
Not being able to have the three stripes down the sleeves has snookered Adidas' designers big time.

Karlos PFC

Pure shit, as usual from Adidas, but as long as there is not the abomination of the Chevrolet logo I'm ok with it

izec

Based off the website. Looks like the Authentic Version ($130) has the stripes:

And the regular version ($90) is plain/dots:

Sidenote: Already starting to grow on me!
The stripe one looks better, more details. It is just a slight different shade of red, you would think they made them stripes black or white if you read some of the opinions here. Some United fans are absolute purists, as if it isnt allowed to have some slight changes every now and then. There is always a first.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Does that pointing up gesture that Pogba is doing have any significance?

decorativeed

I feel like people were saying that about Adidas when we had Nike.
When we had Nike, their kits were bland as hell, and we were all lusting after the other big kit makers. We were also looking at the stuff Umbro were doing - when they were owned by Nike - and wishing for some of that!

Personally, I think both brands make a mix of good and bad stuff.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why do the stripes look different in each photo, and then on the website there’s no stripes at all?

If the stripes are like Shaw’s pic it’s one of the nicest kits we’ve ever had. The socks and everything.
Depends on the angle of the photographer it seems, when you look closely the pattern is there in all the players' kits but the effect is different based on angle and lighting.

decorativeed

The 80s home kits had subtle stripes on them too, much like this one. We also wore striped away shirts often in the early days.

acnumber9

The stripe one looks better, more details. It is just a slight different shade of red, you would think they made them stripes black or white if you read some of the opinions here. Some United fans are absolute purists, as if it isnt allowed to have some slight changes every now and then. There is always a first.
We’ve done the slightly different shade red stripes before. It’s quite reminiscent of the 88 shirt.

decorativeed

The shirt stripes are the same on each player. The difference is how the light catches them.

Each thick stripe is made of three elements - a central stripe made of horizontal lines and a stripe made of diagonal lines at 45 degrees to it on either side. You can see this on the closeups. They cause the light to reflect differently.

Karlos PFC

How would you have liked to see the design?
I fecking hate the three stripes in every Adidas shirt for every team, the only exception would be the kit of 19/20 season (1st Ole full season) where the stripes were red so they wouldn't stand out that much.

Really, Adidas gives me the impression that they got the shirt with the stripes in the 70's(?) and then they fired the designer. Maybe Nike, Umbro or Puma are hit and miss a lot of the times but they actually try to create something different while Adidas goes for the safe and boring choice of the 3 stripes for 50 years now. I actually miss our Nike days (also a lot of shit shirts but hell they try something new). Also the 07-09 shirt was awesome

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It makes the players look skinny. Things just get better and better for Shaw.

meamth

Would love to wear this shirt, but unfortunately Malaysia is in peril state, we can't go out for months now.

MUFC OK

That Inter kit has to be the tackiest in living memory. I know, some people like that shit. Snake skin.
The official pics look okay but the photos of the shirt in the shop look tacky as hell.