New Kits 23/24

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Instant classic

::sonny::

They have no a designer, it’s a random bot which generates the kit

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Thought our away kit (dark green) will be OK out of al l3 but even that looks like a cheap quality shirt on players. Not the best kits for sure .
I'm still not convinced what colour it is,looks black on some pictures, dark green on others and looked brown on the players the other night ( maybe my eyesight is going)

Slysi17

Probably the 3 worst kits I ever recall seeing for United.
Disagree. The new home kit for next season is way better than the home kit from 2018/19 which was that tribute to the railways and it had black lines on it. How can you say the new home kit is the worst when that railway tribute kit was way worse. I also think that gingham kit from Ferguson's final season is worse than next seasons home kit. Saying this is the worst set of kits is a bit dramatic when we have had worse.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Disagree. The new home kit for next season is way better than the home kit from 2018/19 which was that tribute to the railways and it had black lines on it. How can you say the new home kit is the worst when that railway tribute kit was way worse. I also think that gingham kit from Ferguson's final season is worse than next seasons home kit. Saying this is the worst set of kits is a bit dramatic when we have had worse.
Key word “set”

Utdstar01

I like the shorts. Will buy those for chilling around the house. The shirt however is one of the worst looking kits to date.
You into a bit of ball busting? She will be trampling all over you like you're a zebra crossing.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Maybe that is the point, when they run around it hypnotises the opposition.
Wouldn't be surprised. They are goalie kits by the the way so not much running around but there has been research done on that. The research wasn't extensive but tests have been done between very bright colours versus plain, drab or dark ones and 'keepers in bright, eye-catching tops were said to have a slight advantage.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wouldn't be surprised. They are goalie kits by the the way so not much running around but there has been research done on that. The research wasn't extensive but tests have been done between very bright colours versus plain, drab or dark ones and 'keepers in bright, eye-catching tops were said to have a slight advantage.
It's still awful though.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Anyone seen the new Celtic black away kit?
Absolutely stunning stuff...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This would work beautifully for our 3rd / away kit. The red white black details on the sleeves fit our colours perfectly and the design is nice.

Instead though we get a WW1 battleship.

Devil81

Our kits are the pits, I usually treat myself to a kit in the airport but that home shirt is horrific.

Third kit wise I think that's real, since EA started producing strange kits midway through the season for clubs I've noticed since teams third kits have been getting more bizarre. Look at City, they've had two or three really strange kits that nearly required a pair of sunglasses to watch them play in. Apparently they sell like hotcakes with the kids.

Maybe the theory is make the third kit so unique kids are drawn to it.

decorativeed

This would work beautifully for our 3rd / away kit. The red white black details on the sleeves fit our colours perfectly and the design is nice.

Instead though we get a WW1 battleship.
No, instead we got our own (almost) black away kit.

I agree that the above would have worked really nicely for us. It's the template kit pretty much every Adidas team has been given this year. The only team who haven't been given some variation on it is us, funnily enough.

diarm

Christ the shorts are going to be that shade of 1940's epilepsy as well?

Adam-Utd

No, instead we got our own (almost) black away kit.

I agree that the above would have worked really nicely for us. It's the template kit pretty much every Adidas team has been given this year. The only team who haven't been given some variation on it is us, funnily enough.
I think the one above should have been our away and then our new away kit (print type) as the 3rd.

Adam-Utd

So we'd have two kits practically the same colour that clash with each other? Okay.
Are you being purposely thick? i'm talking about the design of the shirts. A colour could quite easily be altered.

That Sao Paolo Shirt could be white and work just as well.

decorativeed

Are you being purposely thick? i'm talking about the design of the shirts. A colour could quite easily be altered.

That Sao Paolo Shirt could be white and work just as well.
How am I supposed to infer that from what you wrote? It might have been what you were thinking, but nobody could know that from the actual content of your post. Try writing more clearly.

Adam-Utd

How am I supposed to infer that from what you wrote? It might have been what you were thinking, but nobody could know that from the actual content of your post. Try writing more clearly.
You assumed - then ended your reply with attitude for no reason. We were talking abou designs and templates in the first place.

Not my fault you've decided the colours have to stay the same.

decorativeed

You assumed - then ended your reply with attitude for no reason. We were talking abou designs and templates in the first place.

Not my fault you've decided the colours have to stay the same.
It's fair to assume when you say something in a post that you are writing down the entirity of your point. You can't expect people to guess at hidden subtext.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Celtic fans are generally very happy with all three shirts released. Which is an outlier perhaps haha, Adidias seem to basically have 2 standard templates for European teams, and also 2 basic templates for all the MLS teams (which is mad, they are all literally wearing the same kit with colours changed over there). There is no actual "design" at all involved. Remember the 90's when teams strips were all distinct?

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Lots of Adidas kits with the same template this season.

decorativeed

Celtic fans are generally very happy with all three shirts released. Which is an outlier perhaps haha, Adidias seem to basically have 2 standard templates for European teams, and also 2 basic templates for all the MLS teams (which is mad, they are all literally wearing the same kit with colours changed over there). There is no actual "design" at all involved. Remember the 90's when teams strips were all distinct?
For a handful of teams they were, but they used templates all the time throughout the 90s, just the same as now and pretty much every other decade. Nottingham Forest's away kit in another colour was Aberdeen's. Man City's away kit was the same template as Chelsea's. Our 1996-98 home kit in blue was worn by a japanese team. Germany's 1990 home kit was also worn by Cork City and Palestino. Celtic's 1991 away kit was tweaked slightly and colours changed to be Galatasaray's home kit and Parma's away kit. Never in football has every team had a unique kit.