New Pakistan | Officially Dead

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Yeah, the scale of it is largely undocumented. It used to be focused on Opium and Heroin, but now Crystal meth is more vogue and it's present in schools and the middle classes. Cannabis has always had a big presence in Pakistan too, but it's not a problem on the same scale as the hard drugs are.
Yea that's true. It's not only becoming common among the poor classes but also upper class youths now.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Could we please have a separate Pakistan bashing thread rather than ruining my one? I stated quite clearly when I opened it that I wanted to highlight the positive this this government was doing (as there was a renewed sense of optimism in Pakistan at the time).
It's an interesting an informative thread for me Zlat. Keep it up and good luck.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I hate the BJP but find it strange when a leader of a religious republic complains about another country prioritising a religion.
The point of concern is not being a religious republic or prioritizing religion. It is sidelining minorities that's the issue. It happens in both India and Pakistan but no country has it in their constitution.

VP

The point of concern is not being a religious republic or prioritizing religion. It is sidelining minorities that's the issue. It happens in both India and Pakistan but no country has it in their constitution.
Entire point of concern is prioritising one religion because that's exactly how minorities are sidelined. Is there any religious republic where minorities thrive?

Zlatattack

Entire point of concern is prioritising one religion because that's exactly how minorities are sidelined. Is there any religious republic where minorities thrive?
All the countries that spent the last 200 years stealing everyone else's wealth aren't Christian anymore. I think that'll skew the results somewhat.

Perhaps we should look at it the other way round - do minorities thrive in all secular countries? Or do minorities only thrive in secular countries which are wealthy and generally tolerant?

Zlatattack

Pakistan will reopen Mahabharat-era Hindu temple in January 2020

After declaring Panj Tirath—an ancient Hindu religious site in Peshawar—a national heritage earlier this year, Pakistan is set to reopen the restored temple complex to pilgrims in January.
Currently the temple premises—which includes five pools—are being restored in order to meet the January inauguration deadline. Legend has it that King Pandu from the Mahabharata bathed in the temple’s pools and worshipped in the area. Once open, this will be the second Hindu religious site in the recent past to be opened by the Pakistan government. Earlier this year, the 1,000-year-old Shivala Teja Singh was opened in Sialkot.

Previously, the temple grounds were being used for a family park, with many of the structures inside the complex being used as godowns. The temple complex was an important place of worship for Hindus before the Partition.

Earlier this year, the Pakistan government formally cleared a plan to allow Indian tourists to visit Sharda Peeth, an ancient Hindu religious and cultural site in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir. And on 9 November 2019, the 550th birthday of Guru Nanak Dev, the Kartarpur corridor was opened to connect Sikh shrines Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur (in Punjab, Pakistan) and Dera Baba Nanak Sahib (in Punjab, India).

https://www.cntraveller.in/story/pa...a-hindu-temple-january-2020-peshawar/#s-cust0

Zlatattack

Not posted in this thread in a while, been busy with life and a lot of negativity in the country too. But positive things are still happening.

Zlatattack

Pakistan's virus-idled workers hired to plant trees

When construction worker Abdul Rahman lost his job to Pakistan's coronavirus lockdown, his choices looked stark - resort to begging on the streets or let his family go hungry. But the government has now given him a better option: Join tens of thousands of other out-of-work labourers in planting billions of trees across the country to deal with climate change threats.

Since Pakistan locked down on March 23 to try to stem the spread of COVID-19, unemployed day labourers have been given new jobs as "jungle workers", planting saplings as part of the country's 10 Billion Tree Tsunami programme. Such "green stimulus" efforts are an example of how funds that aim to help families and keep the economy running during pandemic shutdowns could also help nations prepare for the next big threat: climate change.

"Due to coronavirus, all the cities have shut down and there is no work. Most of us daily wagers couldn't earn a living," Rahman, a resident of Rawalpindi district in Punjab province, told the Thomson Reuters Foundation. He now makes 500 rupees ($3) a day planting trees - about half of what he might have made on a good day, but enough to get by. "All of us now have a way of earning daily wages again to feed our families," he said.

The ambitious five-year tree-planting programme, which Prime Minister Imran Khan launched in 2018, aims to counter rising temperatures, flooding, droughts and other extreme weather conditions in the country that scientists link to climate change.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...orkers-hired-plant-trees-200429070109237.html

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Pakistan's virus-idled workers hired to plant trees

When construction worker Abdul Rahman lost his job to Pakistan's coronavirus lockdown, his choices looked stark - resort to begging on the streets or let his family go hungry. But the government has now given him a better option: Join tens of thousands of other out-of-work labourers in planting billions of trees across the country to deal with climate change threats.

Since Pakistan locked down on March 23 to try to stem the spread of COVID-19, unemployed day labourers have been given new jobs as "jungle workers", planting saplings as part of the country's 10 Billion Tree Tsunami programme. Such "green stimulus" efforts are an example of how funds that aim to help families and keep the economy running during pandemic shutdowns could also help nations prepare for the next big threat: climate change.

"Due to coronavirus, all the cities have shut down and there is no work. Most of us daily wagers couldn't earn a living," Rahman, a resident of Rawalpindi district in Punjab province, told the Thomson Reuters Foundation. He now makes 500 rupees ($3) a day planting trees - about half of what he might have made on a good day, but enough to get by. "All of us now have a way of earning daily wages again to feed our families," he said.

The ambitious five-year tree-planting programme, which Prime Minister Imran Khan launched in 2018, aims to counter rising temperatures, flooding, droughts and other extreme weather conditions in the country that scientists link to climate change.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...orkers-hired-plant-trees-200429070109237.html
That's brilliant Zlat. In Lancashire we have lots of landscaping and stuff that was done in the 'cotton famine', when we had no cotton for the factories because of the American civil war. Bleeding yanks were fecking everybody over even then.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sewer Cleaners Wanted in Pakistan: Only Christians Need Apply.

Sorry to piss on this parade but feel obliged to throw in some reality checks.
That's shocking. But hand on heart do you think that is something Imran Khan would advocate or approve? Every country has regional problems. Pakistan is an inherently and abhorrently racist country, no one is pretending it's morals are of first world (USA?) or even 2nd world (India?) standards.

Hopefully many Pakistanis are owning this reality and trying to do something about it.

Moiraine

Sewer Cleaners Wanted in Pakistan: Only Christians Need Apply.

Sorry to piss on this parade but feel obliged to throw in some reality checks.
That’s preposterous, there was an advert wgich was changed immediately the next day.

I have worked in Solid Waste Management Department for 5 years in Capital city, i dealt with Waste collection and Intermediary treatment of waste, i have dealt with establishment and directly involved with hiring of Cleaners. There is no such thing as that, i can even tell how many employees are there and how many sectors are privatized.

Just another propaganda by Indians.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why Pakistan's Shan masalas have a cult following in India
The Pakistani packaged masala brand has many fans in India, despite a somewhat erratic supply chain. What makes it so popular?

Each time the supply of this particular masala blend becomes erratic in Bengaluru, foodie groups on Facebook and WhatsApp start buzzing. “I found two packets of Sindhi Biryani Masala at Aishwarya supermarket in Koramangala." “Mega More on Sarjapur Road has Haleem and Bombay Biryani." “Amazon has some varieties but they are only selling packs of 8, anyone want to split up the order?"

Over the past decade, Shan, a packaged masala brand from Pakistan, has slowly invaded Indian kitchens. Fans of Shan follow developments in India-Pakistan relations with a hawk eye, because often, escalating tensions at the border seem to result in the supply of Pakistani products in India becoming sparse and unpredictable. Last year, a few days after the attack on Indian forces in Pulwama, my husband turned to me and said, “How are we doing on Shan?", a quiver of anxiety in his voice. I had stocked up on the biryani and korma masalas, I assured him, but we were running low on the haleem.

More than a year later, the Shan Haleem masala remains elusive (maybe it’s the covid-19 effect this time) and my annual haleem-making adventure during Ramzan had to be put on hold. Friends in Mumbai and Delhi, however, say Shan is “more or less available" in their cities. This felt patently unfair and I recently discovered why Bengaluru had these periodic shortages. According to an interview with Shan Foods’ founder Sikander Sultan by the Economic Times in 2014, while the company has made inroads into the north-Indian market and was even leading in certain sub-categories within the packaged masala blend segment, they hadn’t expanded to “some geographies like the south."

The company, it seems, is not actively distributing the product in southern Indian cities, and it’s only thanks to some enterprising retailers that a few of the masala varieties are available at all in Bengaluru, and this naturally suffers when the overall supply falls because of border tensions.

If Mr Sultan ever reads this, he should know that he is losing out on a lucrative and highly motivated market. “I have asked my sister to courier them to me from Delhi," says Bengaluru-based food consultant and writer Monika Manchanda. “I’ve been looking for them all over town but they seem to have disappeared from the shelves." I recently reached out to a seller on Amazon that stocks Shan but sells them only in 8 packs of a single variety and asked if they would customise an 8-pack for me. They did, and just a couple of days ago a carton of Shan made its way home (two each of the Bombay Biryani, Korma, Chicken, and Nihari masalas, if you want to know).

But what’s so special about Shan masalas in the first place, ask the uninitiated, sounding skeptical—isn’t it like any other meat masala that you sprinkle on top of your curry for that extra flavour and restaurant-like taste? “Just because it’s Pakistani?" a full-of-nationalistic-fervour neighbour recently asked me when I was extolling Shan’s virtues on a WhatsApp group, possibly suspecting me of deliberately snubbing made-in-India atmanirbhar products.

Unfortunately, Shan loyalists are not influenced by such abstract ideals—we just love the way it makes cooking glorious, rich, complex kormas and biryanis easy. Many of these dishes call for spices like stone flower and shah jeera (one pinch each only) that will be used once and then slowly die in the corner of the cupboard. But Shan’s masalas are full-bodied mixtures of all these ingredients, along with practically everything else that goes into a particular dish, so that all one has to do is chop up and fry some onions, dunk the meat and masala together in the kadhai, and occasionally stir the mix while checking Twitter.

Recently, a new ad film from Shan that went viral on Twitter shows an elderly man using his dead wife’s recipe book to cook chicken korma for their daughter—a recipe that calls for Shan masala. The old gentleman is clearly not a regular cook—his actions in the kitchen are slow and hesitant—yet he ends up making the perfect rich, spicy chicken dish. I am here to tell the skeptics that it is that easy.

Manchanda is a discerning cook who revives old recipes and develops new ones that mostly feature made-from-scratch, home-ground masalas, but she’s unabashed about admitting that for her own home meals, Shan is often a go-to. “Their Kunna Masala is an absolute favourite. The kunna gosht (mutton curry) made using the Shan mix turns out to be phenomenal," says Manchanda. ‘Kunna Gosht’ is a mutton dish from Chiniot in the Punjab region of Pakistan— ‘kunna’ refers to the clay pot in which it was traditionally cooked.

“No self-respecting South Asian cook uses masalas out of a box—except this one," writes award-winning Pakistani-American food blogger Maryam Jillani. “I was speaking to culture writer Ahmer Naqvi about his family’s biryani recipe. He pauses to think and then says, ‘I think my mother and aunt use a blend of two Shan Masala biryani mixes.’ It’s at this moment the true power of Shan Masala unveils itself. When your brand becomes a part of a family recipe, it’s become immortal," writes Jillani in an article for Heated, an online food magazine.

Sadaf Hussain, author of Daastan-e-Dastarkhan: Stories and Recipes from Muslim Kitchens and a former MasterChef India finalist, calls himself a “Shan loyalist" and says he has been using the masalas for the past 15-20 years. He has even encouraged its use in restaurants he has consulted with. Like all Shan fans, he has his favourites—the Bombay Biryani masala is his go-to. “It’s the attention to detail that sets it apart from other pre-packaged masalas. The Bombay Biryani masala has dried apricots in it, and when you add it to the meat while it cooks, the apricots slowly get rehydrated, adding a burst of flavour to every second mouthful in the finished dish. I haven’t found that kind of depth in any other packaged masala blend," says Hussain.

https://www.livemint.com/mint-loung...a-cult-following-in-india-11594362984344.html

Zlatattack

Why Pakistan's Shan masalas have a cult following in India
The Pakistani packaged masala brand has many fans in India, despite a somewhat erratic supply chain. What makes it so popular?

Each time the supply of this particular masala blend becomes erratic in Bengaluru, foodie groups on Facebook and WhatsApp start buzzing. “I found two packets of Sindhi Biryani Masala at Aishwarya supermarket in Koramangala." “Mega More on Sarjapur Road has Haleem and Bombay Biryani." “Amazon has some varieties but they are only selling packs of 8, anyone want to split up the order?"

Over the past decade, Shan, a packaged masala brand from Pakistan, has slowly invaded Indian kitchens. Fans of Shan follow developments in India-Pakistan relations with a hawk eye, because often, escalating tensions at the border seem to result in the supply of Pakistani products in India becoming sparse and unpredictable. Last year, a few days after the attack on Indian forces in Pulwama, my husband turned to me and said, “How are we doing on Shan?", a quiver of anxiety in his voice. I had stocked up on the biryani and korma masalas, I assured him, but we were running low on the haleem.

More than a year later, the Shan Haleem masala remains elusive (maybe it’s the covid-19 effect this time) and my annual haleem-making adventure during Ramzan had to be put on hold. Friends in Mumbai and Delhi, however, say Shan is “more or less available" in their cities. This felt patently unfair and I recently discovered why Bengaluru had these periodic shortages. According to an interview with Shan Foods’ founder Sikander Sultan by the Economic Times in 2014, while the company has made inroads into the north-Indian market and was even leading in certain sub-categories within the packaged masala blend segment, they hadn’t expanded to “some geographies like the south."

The company, it seems, is not actively distributing the product in southern Indian cities, and it’s only thanks to some enterprising retailers that a few of the masala varieties are available at all in Bengaluru, and this naturally suffers when the overall supply falls because of border tensions.

If Mr Sultan ever reads this, he should know that he is losing out on a lucrative and highly motivated market. “I have asked my sister to courier them to me from Delhi," says Bengaluru-based food consultant and writer Monika Manchanda. “I’ve been looking for them all over town but they seem to have disappeared from the shelves." I recently reached out to a seller on Amazon that stocks Shan but sells them only in 8 packs of a single variety and asked if they would customise an 8-pack for me. They did, and just a couple of days ago a carton of Shan made its way home (two each of the Bombay Biryani, Korma, Chicken, and Nihari masalas, if you want to know).

But what’s so special about Shan masalas in the first place, ask the uninitiated, sounding skeptical—isn’t it like any other meat masala that you sprinkle on top of your curry for that extra flavour and restaurant-like taste? “Just because it’s Pakistani?" a full-of-nationalistic-fervour neighbour recently asked me when I was extolling Shan’s virtues on a WhatsApp group, possibly suspecting me of deliberately snubbing made-in-India atmanirbhar products.

Unfortunately, Shan loyalists are not influenced by such abstract ideals—we just love the way it makes cooking glorious, rich, complex kormas and biryanis easy. Many of these dishes call for spices like stone flower and shah jeera (one pinch each only) that will be used once and then slowly die in the corner of the cupboard. But Shan’s masalas are full-bodied mixtures of all these ingredients, along with practically everything else that goes into a particular dish, so that all one has to do is chop up and fry some onions, dunk the meat and masala together in the kadhai, and occasionally stir the mix while checking Twitter.

Recently, a new ad film from Shan that went viral on Twitter shows an elderly man using his dead wife’s recipe book to cook chicken korma for their daughter—a recipe that calls for Shan masala. The old gentleman is clearly not a regular cook—his actions in the kitchen are slow and hesitant—yet he ends up making the perfect rich, spicy chicken dish. I am here to tell the skeptics that it is that easy.

Manchanda is a discerning cook who revives old recipes and develops new ones that mostly feature made-from-scratch, home-ground masalas, but she’s unabashed about admitting that for her own home meals, Shan is often a go-to. “Their Kunna Masala is an absolute favourite. The kunna gosht (mutton curry) made using the Shan mix turns out to be phenomenal," says Manchanda. ‘Kunna Gosht’ is a mutton dish from Chiniot in the Punjab region of Pakistan— ‘kunna’ refers to the clay pot in which it was traditionally cooked.

“No self-respecting South Asian cook uses masalas out of a box—except this one," writes award-winning Pakistani-American food blogger Maryam Jillani. “I was speaking to culture writer Ahmer Naqvi about his family’s biryani recipe. He pauses to think and then says, ‘I think my mother and aunt use a blend of two Shan Masala biryani mixes.’ It’s at this moment the true power of Shan Masala unveils itself. When your brand becomes a part of a family recipe, it’s become immortal," writes Jillani in an article for Heated, an online food magazine.

Sadaf Hussain, author of Daastan-e-Dastarkhan: Stories and Recipes from Muslim Kitchens and a former MasterChef India finalist, calls himself a “Shan loyalist" and says he has been using the masalas for the past 15-20 years. He has even encouraged its use in restaurants he has consulted with. Like all Shan fans, he has his favourites—the Bombay Biryani masala is his go-to. “It’s the attention to detail that sets it apart from other pre-packaged masalas. The Bombay Biryani masala has dried apricots in it, and when you add it to the meat while it cooks, the apricots slowly get rehydrated, adding a burst of flavour to every second mouthful in the finished dish. I haven’t found that kind of depth in any other packaged masala blend," says Hussain.

https://www.livemint.com/mint-loung...a-cult-following-in-india-11594362984344.html
I rate shaan Sindhi biriyani masala. Really hits the spot.

I think the two dumbest things both Indian and Pakistani govts do is the limited trade and the lack of tourism between the two nations.

Sometimes you see the presumptions some Indians on twitter have about Pakistan and the mind boggles. More trade and tourism would establish people to people contacts which would take away power slowly from the hawks.

Shan masala is a great example. Pakistan has a variety of cuisines, Indian people have a similar cuisine - of course there is going to be an interest.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I never knew about this angle as the reason why your govt supported the taliban!

Zlatattack

I never knew about this angle as the reason why your govt supported the taliban!

Zia ul Haq was a lot of things, but he was a visionary too and quite the tactician. His plans went to pot without his leadership (fatal flaw of a dictatorship) and the governments that followed did more damage to Pakistan than India ever did.

Ultimately though the Pakistani military top brass suffers from a mindset tinted by the colonialists. They think themselves above other people hence thier approach to Afghanistan has never been sincere - more about influence than neighbourly. Its a mindset shared by the civil elite too. Judges, lawyers, politicians, doctors, professors etc.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share. Welldone to Pakistan it seems you've done a much better job than us in the UK.

Zlatattack

Pakistan is getting electric buses by the end of the year. They're also planning to setup electric charging points along the entire motorway network in the next few years.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2270021/pakistan-uk-agree-on-manufacturing-electric-buses

In my opinion pollution in urban Pakistan could be rapidly reduced by the introduction of electric buses, electric motorbikes and electric rickshaws. They're quick wins. Most people use their bikes for short/medium distances, can easily run on a days charge. Same could be true for rickshaws. It's reduce traffic fumes in cities massively.

Zlatattack

in other news, things have been pretty shit recently. A lot of talk, very little progress. COVID is a very useful excuse. PTI needs to get a grip on inflation and focus on job creation and local infrastructure. They'll only win the next elections if people can see change. The long term plans like the new education curriculum, the knowledge cities, dams and major infrastructure projects will only have impacts on peoples lives in the long term.

Also the biggest dissapointment for me is the lack of progress on clean drinking water and waste management. In some parts of urban Pakistan it's beyond a joke.

Zlatattack

So New Pakistan is officially finished.

The greatest thing Imran Khan did for Pakistan during his tenure was to roll our free health insurance for Pakistani's in all but Sindh province, where the Provincial government refused to join the scheme.

His other great achievements;
  • A single national curriculum, so that all children in Pakistan are educated at the same standard.
  • Took Pakistan to the forefront of environmental protection with his deforestation drives and support for renewable energy and electric vehicles.
  • Reform of the automative industry
  • Record breaking export figures
  • World renowned Ehsaas poverty alleviation program. This included;
    • paying poor parents a stipend to send their kids to school, paying more for sending girls.
    • 1000Rs a month subsidy to 20 million poor families to help cost of food against rising inflation
    • 14000pkr cash payment to 8 million of the poorest women in Pakistan to help them spend on whatever they need
    • livestock, rikshaws and other small business investments for the poorest people to help them out of poverty
    • cash payments to new mothjers of 1500pkr for boys and 2000 pkr for girls, every 3 months until the child is of the age of 2, to help with malnutrition. This covered 1.5 million of the poorest women.
    • interest free loans for poor people to setup small businesses
    • 112 free langars in major cities where the poorest could come and eat for free
    • homeless shelters in major cities
    • university scholarships for half a million poor students a year covering fees and living costs
    • 12000pkr per household during covid lockdowns to prevent people starving. 15 million families got this.
You can read about ehsaas here - https://www.pass.gov.pk/home

Zlatattack

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Thanks for the info Zlat, this is really useful. He did some good work for the poor (by taxing the rich). Shame we have to close this thread. :(

But @Shez will be happy, feck the poor. Right? :rolleyes:

Shez

Thanks for the info Zlat, this is really useful. He did some good work for the poor (by taxing the rich). Shame we have to close this thread. :(

Ah just saw this. Just because I hated one cnut doesn’t mean I like the current ones. They’ve failed many times over too. Pakistan is a parliamentary “democracy” and each party is stuffed with the same corrupt people bleeding the country dry. Shareefs have always been corrupt, zardari runs his like the mafia, khan had corruption run rampant as well regardless of whether he himself partook or not - only thing is he yielded a lot of ground to extremists as well

Post 70s it’s been one shit show after another. Musharraf started fine but as Zlat wrote he fell into the same pitfall all dictators do. I honestly think Pakistan needs a constitutional revision with more states set up and more power to states a la US because the federal government just can’t cater to 250m people. Smaller pockets where people can hold someone responsible without buck being passed is needed

Shez

Also re your snide feck the poor comment, please look at wealth gap progression in last ten years. Other than the health card (big win) , policies have exacerbated lives for the poor because each party plays to the interests of the elites

Zlatattack

Also re your snide feck the poor comment, please look at wealth gap progression in last ten years. Other than the health card (big win) , policies have exacerbated lives for the poor because each party plays to the interests of the elites
It's not really fair to pin 10 years or shite on a guy in power for 3.5 years.

iKnowNothing

Hearing a lot about the economic woes in Pakistan. Most reports seem to be from Indian news channels on YouTube. Does anyone know if the ground reality is different? Is there any YouTube channel that reports from the ground in Pakistan (in english)?

Edit:
Sorry about bumping an old thread. I didn’t think my query deserved its own thread. Mods, feel free to move this to its own thread for discussing the current economic issues in Pakistan.

Zlatattack

Hearing a lot about the economic woes in Pakistan. Most reports seem to be from Indian news channels on YouTube. Does anyone know if the ground reality is different? Is there any YouTube channel that reports from the ground in Pakistan (in english)?

Edit:
Sorry about bumping an old thread. I didn’t think my query deserved its own thread. Mods, feel free to move this to its own thread for discussing the current economic issues in Pakistan.
Ground reality is worst. The regime installed by the military has devastated the country. A lot of money has "disappeared".

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Firstly, can we retitled the heading to. New Pakistan - Dead.

So Pakistani rupee is now seriously spiralling out of control.

iKnowNothing

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64451936

Pakistan mosque blast: Police targeted in attack that kills 47

How the hell can people who claim to be Muslim blow up a mosque during prayer time. The world is fecked.
Something truly is wrong with Pakistan now. It’s not just corruption. There is something odd going in behind the scenes and is more than corrupt bureaucrats and politicians lining their pockets.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Musharraf died!

Zlatattack

Musharraf died!
Will be interesting to see if he gets a full state funeral.

The man went from hero to zero so fast in my eyes.

Supported the Kargil adventure.

Supporting the US Post 911 was inevitable although I always felt he should have gotten more economic consessions.

Allowing the drone strikes, selling people to Gitmo and the National Reconciliation Order was his real undoing.

The drones were the catalyst for terrorism in Pakistan and the NRO unleashed the political corruption.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Imran Khan: Ex-PM arrested outside court in Pakistan

Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has been arrested outside the High Court in the capital Islamabad.
Mr Khan was appearing in court on charges of corruption, which he says are politically motivated.
Footage showed paramilitary forces in armoured personnel carriers detaining Mr Khan after he entered the court compound, before driving him away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65531648

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
What a lovely country Pakistan is nowadays. He's basically getting the Khasoghi treatment. Hope to God he lives through the next few days. Expecting a 'heart attack' or 'maniac stabbing from inmate' news soon. :(