New Trinity Statue

WakeAndBeek

Gotta be giggs, scholes and Rooney for me, I do find it strange how someone such as Rooney is so overlooked in this thread, it’s easy to forget just how good he was in his prime and he won the lot with us.

Fully Fledged

All the people saying Keane do know that Sir Alex and Keane despises each other. Keane might have been one of our greatest players ever but a statue of him is no way to commemorate Sir Alex's achievement.

lsd

The Oracle
All the people saying Keane do know that Sir Alex and Keane despises each other. Keane might have been one of our greatest players ever but a statue of him is no way to commemorate Sir Alex's achievement.

Im sure they don't despise each other besides Bobby Charlton and George Best were not exactly best buddies

Skills

Snitch
Personally I think Giggsy should have his own statue away from any “trinity” or group thing - the guy is our all time appearance and winners medal holder. It should be at Old Trafford already.

Assuming that happens, a good one would be Cantona in his collar up Spurs pose, Keane jumping for the header against Juve in ‘99 and Rooney doing the bicycle kick vs City.
Surely you can't miss out, Solskjaer sticking his boot out for the winner in 99?

Skills

Snitch
Jones crawling
Bebe crossing
Obertan's head

Would make a good trinity

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
Macari, Pearson and Coppell, why not commemorate Docs great team too?

Thiagoal

Why do we have to have a trinity? The domination we had for near enough 20 years deserves at least 10 statues... a holy decagonity if you like!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So what? Fergie loved the guy enough when he was dragging the team over the line week in week out. We're not talking about taking political stances here, we're just honouring the players who truly deserve it. And Roy Keane deserves it more than any of Fergie's players, bar maybe Cantona.

stevoc

Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and Wes Brown.

But seriously we don't need another trinity statue. Plus with the standard of statue makers these days they'd all end up looking like Phil Jones anyway.

SAFMUTD

Surprised at the lack of mentions for Rooney, he is our all time top goalscorer after all. I guess the contract disputes and his decline at the end of his career doesn't help things.
Word.

Inter Yer Nan

I love the idea of a Cantona statue, as he was the most significant player in getting us back to winning ways but since it would be a trinity statue then I'd go with three of the class of 92 with Scholes, Giggs and Becks. Scholes and Giggs are among our top 5-10 players ever on anyone's list and played their whole careers for us and Beckham was a great player too and massively responsible for expanding our global popularity and is a fantastic ambassador of the sport, club and country.

edcunited1878

Not sure if there should be a statue, but murals/plaques that showcase the players from the mid-90s, treble winning/late 90s, early to mid 00s, CL winning/late 00s and from his last title winning team.

mid-90s: Hughes, Bruce, Irwin, Pallister, Giggs, Cantona
Treble: entire fecking squad
Early to mid 00s: Keane, RVN, Rio, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Neville
CL winning/late 00s: entire fecking squad + RVP

Fully Fledged

So what? Fergie loved the guy enough when he was dragging the team over the line week in week out. We're not talking about taking political stances here, we're just honouring the players who truly deserve it. And Roy Keane deserves it more than any of Fergie's players, bar maybe Cantona.
We were on about players to represent Fregie some one he doesn't like just doesn't seem to fit.

kidbob

A statue of Ed, Malcom and an other would certainly be perfect for the current era of the club.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Keane deserves to be there but with his history he never will be so I would choose Cantona. For longevity he wouldn't get in but he's one of the biggest reasons we had so much success under SAF. The final piece in his jigsaw. To complete the trinity I'd go for Giggs and Scholes.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Giggs (L): near complete overlap with the gaffer's tenure and trophy haul.
Cantona (C): Fergie's first and most influential superstar — just has to be there.
Keane (R): his trusted lieutenant and eyes on the field, until the bit at the end.

Alternative trinity: Scholes, Cristiano and Rooney.

manuchamp88

We'd need at least another 2 trinity statues:
1. Giggs, Beckham, Scholes
2. Cristiano, Rooney, Ferdinand (Though I am a bit loathed to put Rooney in there due to him requesting to leave twice...)

berbasloth4

cantona should have had a statue or even a stand named after him ages ago. Pretty sure its bound to happen maybe on an anniversary of his signing.

I think the infamous class of 92 photo should become a statue (minus terry cooke).

Web of Bissaka

SAF's glory days
Giggs, almost from the very start and definitely to the end.
Scholes, almost the same longevity.

Other than 'em two defaults,
Cantona key influence early days
Keane key influence midway
C.Ronaldo key influence latter days
Rooney longetivity in the latter half of SAF's reign.

This is so difficult.

My choices: Giggs SAF Scholes

Done, SAF himself is the key for his 20+ glory years.

Baneofthegame

Cantona/Giggs

The third player could come from a selection of players Keane/Scholes/Neville etc.

VJ1762

I would rather we look to getting back to winning league titles before building statues. We have already become 'history FC', so no need to declare it in the open by commissioning statues.

For me, the trinity have always been special because at some point in their careers, they were acknowledged as the best players in europe/the world and they were the blueprint for how a 'United' side should play. While we had great teams under Fergie, in his 26 years as manager, only Cristiano was acknowledged as the best player in the world. We have had many great strikers, midfielders, wingers and defenders over the years, but they were always rated as being amongst the very best, but never the best. This is not a slight against them, and giggs et al have won countless more than the three ballon d'or winners could win playing together, it' s just that for me atleast,looking at historical context and everything, they are the three greatest players to have ever played for United, and when you consider that no other team in the world has had three players who won the ballon d'or while playing together for the same team, they deserve to be kept in a higher plane than others.

As another poster pointed out, we already have a statue of Fergie, and i think that is perfect to denote the success we had under him. I would rather the glazers renovated OT.

On second thoughts, feck that. They would only borrow a billion more to wreck the club. They have done enough damage already.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I’d rather not have one.

Giggs off the field has been a disgrace, Scholes I guess would be fine, Cantona deserves some more love but not sure if statue worthy.

I’m happy with just Sir Alex, Best, Charlton and Law.