Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Valencia Evans Smalling Evra
Fellaini Fletcher
Nani Mata Januzaj
Hernandez
Rest all the players who should start against Bayern apart from De Gea, Valencia and Evra as we don't really have anyone else to play there with Buttner's injury today. It's not like this game means anything anymore either, and Newcastle have been a bit shit lately so this could be enough to get a result anyways.
Then against Bayern we should play:
De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Carrick Jones
Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
De Gea
Valencia Evans Smalling Evra
Fellaini Fletcher
Nani Januzaj Young
Hernandez
Rest all the players who should start against Bayern apart from De Gea, Valencia and Evra as we don't really have anyone else to play there with Buttner's injury today. It's not like this game means anything anymore either, and Newcastle have been a bit shit lately so this could be enough to get a result anyways.
Then against Bayern we should play:
De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Carrick Jones
Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney
Poor Mata.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We can play Mata, he doesn't need resting.

But yeah, I'd agree. We should probably rest as many as possible, as Bayern will. The issue being can Moyes afford to do so? Another loss would be far from ideal, and may tarnish confidence again, however it'd be easily forgotten should we get past Bayern.

Lu Tze

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra
Fletcher Cleverley
Nani Mata Januzaj
Hernandez​

Who gives a feck about the league anyway :lol: plus this team can definitely beat Newcastle. Literally rest everyone. They will all need to be 110% in Munich, without even a hint of fatigue, because they'll have plenty by the end of the game.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
---------------De Gea------------
Smalling---Evans--Jones--Evra
----------Fletcher--Cleverley----
Nani----------Mata--------Januzaj
--------------Hernandez----------

Rest everyone for the CL. Remy is still injured, isn't he? Newcastle struggle to score without him so we should be fine. Plus it's away so no worries.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't mean to sound arrogant, but feck the Europa League for next season, the CL is our priority now and I'd have no problem with us staying where we are on the table and putting this miserable league season behind us.

Rest everyone bar Mata for this one.

Havak

Pokemon master
de Gea
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Fellaini Cleverley
Januzaj Mata Kagawa
Hernandez
--
Lindegaard; Rafael; Carrick; Young, Nani; Rooney, Welbeck​

Young will probably start over Kagawa... But I'd like to see Shinji play some more football rather than be left out in case he's chosen for the away leg in Germany. Would like to see Nani start also... So, maybe Nani - Mata - Young behind Hernandez would work? I'd start Fletcher & Carrick in midfield against Bayern, but would not be against seeing Phil Jones play in midfield there either (don't mind Phil playing more games). Hoping Rafael is fit to make the bench and maybe come on to get a few minutes. Moyes has used Evra correctly last couple of weeks, so he can play the 90 here and on Wednesday. Got to rest as many of the lads who will face Bayern as we can, but I'm not sure if Moyes will do that. Depends what his real league ambitions are... I can't see us finishing much higher than we are now (we're going to have to beat Newcastle, Everton, and Southampton away to have any chance of a slightly more respectable 5th place, so it might not be worth the risk of further fatigue or injury).

Obviously, even if we're resting players it doesn't mean we're not going to win (even if a lot of fans aren't too bothered about the result). If we do win here and go out to Bayern, then obviously we might as well try for 5th, it's probably worth being in the Europa League and playing youth sides.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why are you even remotely worried over who is going to play against Newcastle? Win or lose there is nothing in it. The only rational thing for United is to rest everyone for the return leg.
Well Valencia and Evra should be fine playing twice in a week really, Valencia is a beast physically so that shouldn't impact him, and Evra is used to it and has been well rested lately. I'm just saying, not idea who else we would play in those positions, and Moyes will of course still be looking for a win to get into Europa league next season at least (can't believe we're up against it to get into that competition but whatever) and to keep the confidence going.

malappapper

Well Valencia and Evra should be fine playing twice in a week really, Valencia is a beast physically so that shouldn't impact him, and Evra is used to it and has been well rested lately. I'm just saying, not idea who else we would play in those positions, and Moyes will of course still be looking for a win to get into Europa league next season at least (can't believe we're up against it to get into that competition but whatever) and to keep the confidence going.
No matter how fit Valencia may be, or how much he has left in the tank, why risk it even slightly? Even if getting into the EL has any real significance, United can chase those points after the Bayern 2nd leg. Even if the EL were a target for United, it would still be a minor target compared to knocking Bayern out of the CL and reaching the semis, where a PSG, Chelsea or significantly depleted Barca/Atleti (also locked in a fierce title race, as are Real) may await.

Clearly, the rational thing to do, is to rest each and every possible starter for next week's game no matter what. If that means losing a dead rubber in the league, then by all means, so be it! The game against Bayern is United's match of the season, the game against Newcastle rivals any friendly in its meaninglessness.

mufcwarm92

feck resting Rooney. He always seems to play best with a steady run of games.

Devil may care

We should use some of the kids and play Fellaini as a CB, we can use Fletcher in the second leg against Bayern.

Lindegaard

Young
????
Fellaini
????

Giggs
Cleverley

Januzaj
Mata
Nani

Hernandez

ricky-romeo

----------------------de gea----------------------
valencia--------smalling-------evans--------evra
nani---------cleverley--------fellaini--------januzaj
-----------------------mata---------------------
---------------------chicharito-------------------

for bayern 2nd leg

--------------------------de gea--------------------
rafael--------ferdinand-----------vidic---------evra
valencia------carrick------jones-----kagawa----welbeck
--------------------------rooney-------------------

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
feck the league. 6th or 7th? Who cares?

Rest everyone that Moyes intends to play against Munich.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
----------------------de gea----------------------
valencia--------smalling-------evans--------evra
nani---------cleverley--------fellaini--------januzaj
-----------------------mata---------------------
---------------------chicharito-------------------

for bayern 2nd leg

--------------------------de gea--------------------
rafael--------ferdinand-----------vidic---------evra
valencia------carrick------jones-----kagawa----welbeck
--------------------------rooney-------------------
My thoughts/hopes exactly.

Kaos

----------------De Gea--------------
--Jones---Smalling---Evans---Evra
---------Cleverley----Fellaini--------
--Young--------Mata--------Januzaj
---------------Hernandez------------

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah, rest most of those playing against Munich. Hope to see something like this on Saturday:

---------------De Gea---------
Valencia-Smalling-Evans-Evra
---------Fellaini---Cleverley--
Nani----------Mata-------Young
--------------Hernandez---------

JaapStam1986

If Nani plays, it will be interesting to see how he and Mata link up. Mata has already got a good relationship going with Kagawa. If he gets one going with Nani, it would certainly help Nani to become more of a consistent performer.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
When was the last time we won 3 games in a row.

Good grief, to even be asking such a question in relation to United...

Edit: Alright, last 6 games in December we won all of them, so the last time we won 3 games in a row was over 3 months ago.

We also won 4 games in a row at the end of October/beginning of November, otherwise never more than 2 in a row.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lindergaard

Jones --- Smalling --- Evans --- Evra

Cleverley ---- Fellaini

Adnan ---- Mata ---- Young

Hernandez​

Everyone else to play in Germany - bar Evra and Jones who might have to pull double duty.

Gerald G

Rest EVERYONE!

Lindegaard
Varela--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Fellaini--Fletcher
Nani--Mata--Januzaj
Hernandez

Subs: Amos, Ferdinand, Carrick, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney

I was even tempted to have Rothwell or Wilson on the bench. Maybe I'm going a bit overboard?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I think de Gea should play - in my opinion keepers do better with regular games, particularly as he has been in such stunning form recently so want to 'keep his eyes in' so to speak.

With the rest, I agree resting all who will be starting in Munich (where possible), except for Kagawa, as I think he will benefit from another game as he has not played so much recently.

I would also start Hernandez and Nani, since I would expect to see both if we are chasing a goal in Munich...and more playing time will benefit them.

I would certainly rest Jones, as he is one of the more injury-prone players we have.

Gerald G

I think de Gea should play - in my opinion keepers do better with regular games, particularly as he has been in such stunning form recently so want to 'keep his eyes in' so to speak.

With the rest, I agree resting all who will be starting in Munich (where possible), except for Kagawa, as I think he will benefit from another game as he has not played so much recently.

I would also start Hernandez and Nani, since I would expect to see both if we are chasing a goal in Munich...and more playing time will benefit them.

I would certainly rest Jones, as he is one of the more injury-prone players we have.
You're right. I went overboard. De Gea not sure about Kagawa though, although I agree he can benefit from game time, it'll be very annoying if he gets injured. Play him for 60 minutes possibly and bring him off whatever the scoreline.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
A lot depends on injury news, do we have any updates to Evra/ Rafael etc? I'd like to see Nani get a game here with Mata and Kagawa starting with Welbeck up top, I'd keep Rooney on the bench unelss we need him

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rest EVERYONE!

Lindegaard
Varela--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Fellaini--Fletcher
Nani--Mata--Januzaj
Hernandez

Subs: Amos, Ferdinand, Carrick, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney

I was even tempted to have Rothwell or Wilson on the bench. Maybe I'm going a bit overboard?
Big Dave doesn't need rest. Cleverley in for Fletcher, the rest I approve. I think Fletch will play a part in Munich.

saivet

Nani, Mata and Januzaj looks like a nice trio to play.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
----------------------DDG----------------------
Varela--------Smalling-------Evans--------Evra
Nani---------Cleverley--------Fellaini--------Januzaj
-----------------------Mata---------------------
---------------------Chicharito-------------------

Rest everyone for the Bayern game, we have feck all to play for in the league anyway.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't think most are in desperate need of "rest", there are but a few, with Bayern I'd imagine we'd hope for:

DDG
Rafael Vidic Smalling Buttner
Jones Carrick
Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney
With that in mind, I'd imagine Newcastle will look something like this (Injuries allowing of course on both selections)

DDG
Jones Ferdinand Evans Evra
Fellaini Fletcher
Nani Mata Januzaj
Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.