Next captain post-Carrick

Who should be the captain post-Carrick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I chose Matic but only because as a CM he is in the centre of everything and it is easy to bark instructions. Otherwise DDG hands down for me, but unfortunately Goalkeepers are too far back to really have much influence.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Could do with another option of none of the above or something. I don't think any of them are the right choice of being captain. At a push I would say Herrera but with the talk of one possibly two midfielders coming in then is he going to be the week to week goto player? If we are putting the armband on Dave as an incentive to stay with United rather than join Madrid then he's the Captain for the wrong reasons.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I chose Matic but only because as a CM he is in the centre of everything and it is easy to bark instructions. Otherwise DDG hands down for me, but unfortunately Goalkeepers are too far back to really have much influence.
Matic can do all that without arm band too. Probably we should give it to English player, gets some leeway from refs than usual.

kps88

We'll probably just give it to Valencia since there are no other obvious contenders. Quite a change from when we had Giggs, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Rooney etc. to choose from.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
If Jones could stat injury free he would be my choice. Has the fire in him and always gives his all. From options given I chose Smalling. But as others already said: there arent real good options.

I think Matic is too quiet for my taste of captain.
I am not a fan of a goalie as captain as you need to address the ref in the field When needed. Also dont see De Gea as captain material.
Pogba is too immature of a player and disappears in matches.
Herrera could maybe do it.
Valencia doesnt speak English so htf could he be captain?
I dont like whiny fellows like Sanchez. So not him.
If Blind was a better player and starter he could do it.

Marcus

Sanchez. He has the quality, voice and determination to drive this team onwards.