Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Kazi

I'll be happy to make up the numbers if you get to like 14/15 and are stuck, but for now, it's a no.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Another all time draft? Really? Massive overkill. Should have gone with Serie A draft of some period or all time SA draft maybe.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm actually quite tempted to play this purely for the drafting part, not to overthink it and build massive spreadsheets (for once) but instead just not thinking ahead at all and picking different directions as I go. E.g. looking at where X played and thinking "Hmmmm... could get A, B or C..." then seeing which oone is left after the turn and looking (for the first time) at who the hell C my new player played with.

It looks quite fun, in fact, feck the games I'll choose position 8 and run it in parallel just for me without picking anyone any of the 16 managers picked (well, not if before me). I'm sure I would pile up a fair few South Americans along the way :lol:

Moby

Dick
I'm actually quite tempted to play this purely for the drafting part, not to overthink it and build massive spreadsheets (for once) but instead just not thinking ahead at all and picking different directions as I go. E.g. looking at where X played and thinking "Hmmmm... could get A, B or C..." then seeing which oone is left after the turn and looking (for the first time) at who the hell C my new player played with.

It looks quite fun, in fact, feck the games I'll choose position 8 and run it in parallel just for me without picking anyone any of the 16 managers picked (well, not if before me). I'm sure I would pile up a fair few South Americans along the way :lol:
You in? Two spots left :p

antohan

You in? Two spots left :p
Nah, I'll play it in my own parallel universe where I don't need to play games. It's the sort of scenario where I wonder where I will end up with no planning, but can't be arsed having to bang on about Joya being a great player while no one really cares.

Maybe we should do it in a parallel convo just for kicks.

Moby

Dick
Nah, I'll play it in my own parallel universe where I don't need to play games. It's the sort of scenario where I wonder where I will end up with no planning, but can't be arsed having to bang on about Joya being a great player while no one really cares.

Maybe we should do it in a parallel convo just for kicks.
:lol: In!

antohan

If a manager gets stuck, he can pick a mod approved legacy (like O'Shea / Wes Brown) player and restart the chain. Can restart any number of times. Such picked legacy players MUST play match 1.
This is a bit crap TBH. Nobody can "get stuck". Wherever you end up there will be teammates, if you got into some shite retirement club chasing two great players and one is snatched from under your nose tough shit. You get a randomer, not Wes Brown and a restart with United. Nuts, people may end up deliberately tying themselves up in knots then.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
This is a bit crap TBH. Nobody can "get stuck". Wherever you end up there will be teammates, if you got into some shite retirement club chasing two great players and one is snatched from under your nose tough shit. You get a randomer, not Wes Brown and a restart with United. Nuts, people may end up deliberately tying themselves up in knots then.
They are just examples, ofc the other managers can opine on the legacy player choice. The chances of it being from a Top 4 club of any league is minimal. Plus you have the decades criteria to screw up timeline too!

Tuppet

I think @berbasloth4 has asked for 16th slot.

1. Tuppet
  2. mazhar13
  3. diarm
  4. Stobzilla
  5. Sjor Bepo
  6. Skizzo
  7. bleezy
  8. EAP
  9. Joga Bonito
  10. The Stain
  11. Marty1968
  12. green_smiley
  13. MJJ
  14. rpitroda
  15. Cutch
  16. berbasloth4
let's start this.

antohan

They are just examples, ofc the other managers can opine on the legacy player choice. The chances of it being from a Top 4 club of any league is minimal. Plus you have the decades criteria to screw up timeline too!
Your rules make it sound as if the manager who gets stuck gets to nominate a legacy player and the Draft Mod approves or not. That's a recipe for disaster, as sheep arguments attest to. Make it simple:
  • If you really think you are stuck, cry for help and you will get a sheep with half decent links in whichever decade you have the least players for. Mod discretion is final. Once you cry for help you can't decline and opt to remain "stuck".

MJJ

Add me to the convo as well if you do this, sounds like fun to follow and a chance to learn about some new players.