Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Add Zico to the blocklist. Last draft you had a similar GOAT only block list and @Enigma_87 's Zico side dominated, and Puskas was in that draft too so if Puskas is blocked I think Zico should be too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
New sub-forum, eh?

Behind-the-scenes decision? I know it's been discussed before but not very recently (unless I've missed it completely).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Was always simmering considering the activity in drafts...We've become annoying enough to get hidden in the basement, I suppose. :lol:
Heh, yeah - there's always been a segment of grumpy twats making noises about draft threads.

Good move, though. Should make it easier to start the kind of «resource» threads we've been talking about for ages now.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
will create a thread for all touch compilations where we will have something like a database so we dont do double work and for all to get easier job to check players they are interested. Have most of the info(joga, harms, invictus) already but if i forgot someone just drop me a pm so i include your work as well.
Saying that, @Pat_Mustard send your links(youtube, daily etc.) :)
What software do you use to create all touch videos? I want to try my hand at it
will invite you to convo i had with joga where he explained everything to me
Invite me too.
@Damien @Invictus would it be possible to expand this convo beyond 5 members?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@Damien @Invictus would it be possible to expand this convo beyond 5 members?
If you need it expanding just tell me which user is the one doing the inviting and I'll mess with their permissions.
Behind-the-scenes decision? I know it's been discussed before but not very recently (unless I've missed it completely).
Someone suggested a sub forum for something different, we said no but then discussion went onto drafts.

If any of you want a thread in this forum made a sticky I can do it no problem.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Its a bit sad considering the voter count would go down.
Hopefully with the good amount of newbie drafters coming through plus a handful of others the vote counts shouldn't go down too much.

Indnyc

Roulette Draft:

Game Play Overview:

Draft criteria fluctuates between 'Chain' and 'No Mate'. Every turn mod randomly rolls a dice and chooses which criteria applies for that round.
  • Chain - Should have played at Club or NT with previous player picked by yourself.
  • No Mate - Should not have played at club or NT with any/all of previous player picked by yourselves.
* Only clubs in FIFA recognized leagues counted. Friendlies not considered as NT matches.

There will be no roll for the turn after every chain roll, so that managers can make a chain pick
Example: R1 (No Mate), R2 (No Mate), R3 (Chain), R4 (no rolls. continue the chain), R5 (No Mate), R6 (Chain) R7 (no rolls. continue the chain)....

Standard T&C:

S1 - All time draft. Block list as below.
S2 - Initial drafting of 12 players. Extra 2 players per Reinforcement Round.
S3 - 8 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6
- First 2 picks of losing team will not be available during reinforcements.
S7 - Open pool reinforcement. Undrafted players can be drafted now, subject to criteria/blocks. Will be decided by Dice Rolls too.

Match-Up's:

The match up's will be announced at end of Round 7. You'll know your opponent for R1 at beginning of R8, so you can start sabotaging each other.

Block List: Every manager nominates 2 players to create a block list.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
They're still going to be on the front page? Don't think that there will be significant vote loss in the future
They are not visible under the football tab. That is where they caught my eye and I guess that has been the case for many voters who are no draft regulars.

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
@Edgar Allan Pillow
Roulette Draft

1) Moby
2) PNut
3) Sjor
4) Skizzo
5) Harms
6) Indnyc
7) 2mufc0
8) idmanager
9) Enigma
10) tuppet
11) Don Alfredo
12) Mjj
MJJ was in the list, but someone edited him out?:wenger:

Also I have a question about the Chain rules:

Roulette Draft:

Game Play Overview:

Draft criteria fluctuates between 'Chain' and 'No Mate'. Every turn mod randomly rolls a dice and chooses which criteria applies for that round.
  • Chain - Should have played at Club or NT with previous player picked by yourself.
  • No Mate - Should not have played at club or NT with any/all of previous player picked by yourselves.
Let's assume

r1: no mate
r2: chain (must have played with r1 player)
r3: no roll to continue the chain (must have played with r2 player)

The rules above say nothing about if the r3 player could have played with the r1 player. I looked up the previous Chain Draft and there was a rule that the r3 player can't have played with the r1 player.

Could you clarify which one is it?:D

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Roulette Draft

1) Moby
2) PNut
3) Mjj
4) Skizzo
5) Harms/Sjor
6) Indnyc
7) 2mufc0
8) idmanager
9) Enigma
10) tuppet
11) Don Alfredo
12) onenil
13) green_smiley
14) BIG DUNK
15) MJJ

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
:lol: I am in twice now.
oh ffs, I am off my game today. I just read the start of Don's post and thought I should put you in, never even noticing :lol:

Roulette Draft

1) Moby
2) PNut
3) Mjj
4) Skizzo
5) Harms/Sjor
6) Indnyc
7) 2mufc0
8) idmanager
9) Enigma
10) tuppet
11) Don Alfredo
12) onenil
13) green_smiley
14) BIG DUNK

Indnyc

@Edgar Allan Pillow
Also I have a question about the Chain rules:

Let's assume

r1: no mate
r2: chain (must have played with r1 player)
r3: no roll to continue the chain (must have played with r2 player)

The rules above say nothing about if the r3 player could have played with the r1 player. I looked up the previous Chain Draft and there was a rule that the r3 player can't have played with the r1 player.

Could you clarify which one is it?:D
r3 player is a chain player so he should be fine to have played with round 1 no mate player. No mate player can’t be picked with previously picked players.

@Edgar Allan Pillow please confirm

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
r3 player is a chain player so he should be fine to have played with round 1 no mate player. No mate player can’t be picked with previously picked players.

@Edgar Allan Pillow please confirm
Confirmed as this is not a full chain draft, the definition has been revised as below:
No other restriction for a chain pick.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Will definitely have a bit less time for this one, but once you get into it it's hard to stop.

Also, not having to deal with Sjor is a benefit which is pretty hard to ignore. :wenger:

Roulette Draft

1) Moby
2) PNut
3) Mjj
4) Skizzo
5) Harms/Sjor
6) Indnyc
7) 2mufc0
8) idmanager
9) Enigma
10) tuppet
11) Don Alfredo