Next Newcastle manager

Pep's Suit

Terrible choice. Wouldn't surprise me to see him sacked in mid/late-February.
Five weeks later and I'm starting to think Howe won't even survive January. Pool and City next week, then UTD after Christmas.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Really hope they get some points here. Talented manager who did a great job at Bournemouth and doing really well so far at Newcastle.

Nick.

They look outstanding against City. Slicing them open on transition over and over again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really hope they get some points here. Talented manager who did a great job at Bournemouth and doing really well so far at Newcastle.
I don’t think he was great at Bournemouth, he had severe faults that cost them their PL status in the end. He’s definitely learnt with his time off from the game and he’s been nothing short of sensational since he arrived at Newcastle.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Proved me wrong.

My doubts were bar a brief stint at Burnley, Bournemouth was all he knew as a manager so walking into Newcastle mid season with them firmly stuck in bottom 3 was possibly going to be beyond him as they needed wins quick.

Don't think they actually won for first two months but some run they're on now especially at SJP and this would be huge statement win if they hold on.

I've always rated him as a manager btw. Surprised you guys didn't go for him last summer after he turned Celtic down last minute as that would've been a decent fit.

His ending at Bournemouth was a bit like Dyche at Burnley, shouldn't cancel out the 4-5 excellent seasons they had previously.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
How long 'til he is unceremoniously fecked out and replaced with some ridiculous big name, then? Jose, maybe? Poch?

Lecland07

Howe has been brilliant with Newcastle. Underrated manager that was constantly overlooked.

Stupid decision by a lot of Premier League clubs that didn't even consider him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How long 'til he is unceremoniously fecked out and replaced with some ridiculous big name, then? Jose, maybe? Poch?
They gave him a new long term deal last week so Newcastle under this ownership haven't been making knee jerk reactions nearly a year into their reign.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
They gave him a new long term deal last week so Newcastle under this ownership haven't been making knee jerk reactions nearly a year into their reign.
Very true. Hopefully that policy doesn't persist past their next bad run of form ! :D

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don’t think he was great at Bournemouth, he had severe faults that cost them their PL status in the end. He’s definitely learnt with his time off from the game and he’s been nothing short of sensational since he arrived at Newcastle.
I think any manager who takes a team from league 2 to the PL and keeps them there for 5 years with a wage bill consistently amongst the lowest has done a great job.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think any manager who takes a team from league 2 to the PL and keeps them there for 5 years with a wage bill consistently amongst the lowest has done a great job.
Thats fair, to get them to the PL I wouldn’t disagree. I just think he went backwards in the PL due to stubbornness, something he seems to have learnt.

NoPace

The bit of cash I bet on them getting relegated looks like it's gone.

Are they the only team around right now playing 4-3-3 but with no real DM? Just 3 box to box CMs.

If they turn Almiron (who I like but is bad in the final 3rd) into a quality RW and get a faster RCB to replace Schar they should be better, too.

Joelinton might even make the Brazil squad if they go to 26. Certainly provides something different and in international football it might really help.

MalaysianRed7

Their most impressive feat last night wasn’t how they took the game to and demolished City for around 40 minutes after going a goal down. Rather, it was how they hung on for 30 whole minutes after running out of steam and getting pegged back by City. City can score wonderful goals against any team simply due to having one of the best midfielders of this generation in their team, and an awesome striker. However, to stop them doing so for so long despite having wobbly legs having expended all their energy in the first half is an incredible achievement. Side note for ASM as well - incredible when he’s on it.

If we don’t pull our collective fingers out, they will finish above us this season. No question about that.