Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loon

:lol:
You know, Harry Redknapp would get a tune out of this side as a caretaker and his sides always played football. I know he’s a bit of a spiv, but he would sort them.

Hughie77

Need a manager who can command respect, some one who's got some balls and can tell these overpaid prima Donna's to start playing to there ability. This team is playing scared, within themselves and the accounts for Big Errors , in every game so far this season.
Roger's back in as fav. He would come if the right offer is made that I have no doubt. Is he the right one. No not for me if Oles sacked next week , I'd put a caretaker manager in. And see who we can get with a bit more patience. Somehow I think Oles here to stay until top 4 is impossible.

SER19

It is an absolute fact that had this happened last winter the same conversation about 'risk' and no obvious candidate would be happening and oriole including me would be doubting Tuchels credentials. The idea that any manager appointment is a guarantee is an absolute lie. You hire who you think is the best man for the players you have and get on with it.

IFC 1905

I don't understand how he's held in such high esteem if he's never won the league. 2 Libertadores, if that's the same as 2 champions leagues, is very impressive, but shouldn't he sometimes win the league? Boca doesn't win every year. I'm not putting him down, I just don't understand why he's considered their best ever manager. Is the Libertadores just considered way way more important than the league in Argentina? Is it the same in Brazil.
isn’t the champions league more important than the league? It’s the same case. River is the team that has won more leagues in Argentina’s history. Their struggle were the international titles, until gallardo came. Hes made them win the South American cup first, the Libertadores the next year. Then they reached semifinals and got robbed by Lanus. Next year they robbed us but got to beat boca at the final. In the next edition they lost incredibly to flamengo at the final after dominating them the whole game. And then they reached semifinals again.
He also dominated boca juniors at the domestic and national cup levels, besides the libertadores where they eliminated boca multiple times.
He never pretended to win the league, until this year where he’s head and shoulders above the rest and are going to win it comfortably.

hes highly rated for everything I told you, mainly because being as consistent as he has been in Argentina where the best players are constantly sold to other leagues, hes been creating teams to compete and deliver good footbal, improving players, year after year.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wouldn’t believe Caught Offside but his odds have been shortening with bookies and he’s been favourite a while. Its a bit sad getting an ex—Liverpool man. I don’t think he’s a winner and he’s kept coming undone at Leicester. His football can be very good but then it can really regress. He’s not top class IMO but maybe he’s more ready for a big job now. To pass on Conte for Rodgers is lunacy

rooneyberbatov

We should do everything in our power to get Zidane. Throw an awful lot of money at him, I don't care.

Other available managers are just not good enough.

If Ole is here to stay till the end of the season, which would be a disaster as we're only in November, close the deal with ten Hag asap, because he's going places.

Needham

Audacious bid for Tuchel at the end of the season if Chelsea win the league. He'll have achieved all he will with them and be half way through the normal reign of a Chelsea manager anyhow.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Seen Joachim Low linked by nothing more than an opinion piece, but wouldn't be a bad option until the end of the season, would he?

ShinjiNinja26

Seen Joachim Low linked by nothing more than an opinion piece, but wouldn't be a bad option until the end of the season, would he?
Nah. I’m not sure what’s worse, watching Ole sit there for 90mins on his iPad or watching this cnut picking his nose and sniffing his ball sweat.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No way, he's another Ole Ole Ole I love you. Risk averse, with 2 CDM's. Plays his favourites above better players who have to sit on the bench Saka and Sterling over Sancho, Grealish and Foden. And Kane when he isn't able to hit a barn door with a banjo, and he never drops him. Oh, and Mason Greenwood won't play for him because he publicly threw him under the bus.

Southgate is Ole mark 2.
You are entitled to your opinion.
But in reality, Southgate could not be more different than Ole.
Experience.
Intelligence.
Tactician.
Coaching credibility.
Knows how to get the best out of players - Shaw, Maguire, Rashford even Lingaard.

He is everything Ole is not.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we get Southgate I’ll give up.

Flytan

Experience.
Intelligence.
Tactician.
Coaching credibility.
Knows how to get the best out of players - Shaw, Maguire, Rashford even Lingaard.

He's also not something a lot of other managers are. His team selections are boring and risk averse. His man management is awful. He put players in to kick penalties without letting them even get a kick on the ball. He will have some of the same issues ole has in terms of playing favorites too.

He'd still be better than Ole though.

L1nk

Ralf Rangnick would be the best caretaker option right now especially if we want good football and he’s interested. Would be an excellent option to then move into a role upstairs when we can appoint someone permanent

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Experience.
Intelligence.
Tactician.
Coaching credibility.

Southgate is shite, his only achievement is a Euro finale with a brilliant squad playing boring football, he botched with outrageous subs, where he got to play almost all his games on home turf.

Koeman has more silverware than him. I'd take either of them over Ole, but there's about 20 managers I'd rather have. Rodgers is preferable to either.
Has it been reported ten Hag does not want the job? Even in the summer?
No, but it's been reported we're not interested because he has no PL experience.

OrcaFat

It will be fascinating to see what calibre of manager we are able to attract.

I think there should be a lot of doubt that we can just get whoever we want. It’s not as if the guy has to follow SAF but good candidates must look at the way LVG and Mourinho both failed to a relatively spectacular degree and wonder what is really wrong at this club.

It is actually not dissimilar to what happened in the 20 or so years before SAF. Why couldn’t we win then? You’d think Docherty, Sexton and Big Ron ought to have done better. The expectation has always been to win the league; why is it that only SAF could do it?

I’m in a despairing mood. The only consolation is that we can’t be worse than now whatever happens.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Some silly stuff on here about offering people like Low and Rangnick interim jobs to the end of the season. Neither of those would take an interim role, pretty sure of that. Rangnick is a long term strategy guy. Low no experience in England, is big-headed and probably well past it. An interim role is akin to writing off a season and foregoing next season’s Champion’s League in which you’ve signed Ronaldo, which was why passing on Conte was mental.

- Fonseca interim ONLY with a big bonus for top four? He does well and he’s guaranteed a good Premier League job, which is what he’s after. I think that could work and the football might be acceptable. It would at least be a creative way of doing the interim thing.

mav_9me

Some silly stuff on here about offering people like Low and Rangnick interim jobs to the end of the season. Neither of those would take an interim role, pretty sure of that. Rangnick is a long term strategy guy. Low no experience in England, is big-headed and probably well past it. An interim role is akin to writing off a season and foregoing next season’s Champion’s League in which you’ve signed Ronaldo, which was why passing on Conte was mental.

- Fonseca interim ONLY with a big bonus for top four? He does well and he’s guaranteed a good Premier League job, which is what he’s after. I think that could work and the football might be acceptable. It would at least be a creative way of doing the interim thing.
Not a bad shout.

SirMattlives

Harry Redknapp? WTF! I mean, Neil Warnock is now available too....Jeez, I get that the choices for interim are slim since it's hardly an ideal job but I'd beg Mark Hughes to come in rather than wide-boy 'arry!

Stactix

Experience.
Intelligence.
Tactician.
Coaching credibility.

Doesn't know how to utilise his squad like Ole, brain dead decision making and doesn't like changing things - coward.
He bottled that final.

weizxx

Is Brendan Rodgers a lot better than David Moyes? For me, they are quite the same level.

Rossi Diablo

Just pay the money to the German Federation and get Hansi Flick....else Ten Hag!

We need people who know how to coach....

tomaldinho1

Call me crazy but maybe bring back LvG as interim until the end of the season, this team actually would be very suited to his philosophy of football and we know he likes bringing through the young players so we may well see someone like hannibal and it wouldn't even surprise me if he dropped de gea.
No way he’d come back after we did him dirty. That’s the issue with the club under Woodward, we’re so short sighted (not that LVG should come back) but there’s just zero planning as if they genuinely thought Ole had been so well backed it was impossible for him to not do well this season.

Ixion

No way he’d come back after we did him dirty. That’s the issue with the club under Woodward, we’re so short sighted (not that LVG should come back) but there’s just zero planning as if they genuinely thought Ole had been so well backed it was impossible for him to not do well this season.
Pretty sure we're going to do Ole just as dirty this season. If Poch gets the sack at any point Ole is a dead man walking.

tomaldinho1

Pretty sure we're going to do Ole just as dirty this season. If Poch gets the sack at any point Ole is a dead man walking.
Ole had had too long already so I don’t think it would be a surprise to him. LVG won the FA cup then found out from his wife he’d been sacked, Woodward clearly bottled telling him before leaking it.

TheRedDevil2019

I'd sooner stick with Ole or have Phelan as interim manager than go with Rodgers. Pray to God this is just trolling and we at least go for Poch or Ten Hag.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is Gaspierini a bad or good option?
He’d be a decent shout, although I’m not sure if he’d move over here… I see him staying in Italy all his career, he’s 63 now and I think if he ever leaves Atalanta it will be for one of the bigger Italian teams.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I mean, there IS one manager in the Premier League that has a much weaker team in the top four. along with Pep, Tuchel, and Klopp :wenger:

Should someone maybe make a thread and poll?

Enigma_87

You know who
Is Gaspierini a bad or good option?
He's very good option if you consider short term one. He likes to play attacking football and is really good strategist. The issue with him is that often his defensive line is too adventurous and considering what we have now is probably a very difficult to work with and we might leak goals if we do try to appoint him.

Not that we don't leak goals now, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.