Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurtej

Guys unless decision is made before the next PL match….. I can bet we will miss out on Top 4. Spurs despite being bad, now have a manager who will get most out of that squad… on top we have Arsenal, WHU, Leicester, even Everton fighting for that top 4 spot.

There is absolutely no way we will make top 4 with Ole. I think it will be first time in 20 years of Ronaldo playing career that he will play in Europa league

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Do we actually think ten Hag would say no if we were like, we need you now, we'll pay your release clause/contract? I think if we decided he was the one, not sure why he would give a shit about leaving Ajax.

Marwood

We've actually got a fairly easy run until beginning of Jan. Chelsea away but apart from that, it's pretty good.

So if they're thinking of making the change now would be the time to do it. Give the new guy a chance to get going in a positive way.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Do we actually think ten Hag would say no if we were like, we need you now, we'll pay your release clause/contract? I think if we decided he was the one, not sure why he would give a shit about leaving Ajax.
Maybe, but I think Ten Hag would have a bit more class than abandon his team in the middle of a successful season. Then again, it probably would piss off Ajax in the process, and they'll probably never do business with us ever again.

Mainoldo

Yeah he would. But for some reason or fans are scared of human morals of having someone leave a little bank for a bigger bank which happens to be the club they support.

Probably what United DNA means. Random question did we get Fergie off season or during the season?

USREDEVIL

Hope so as he's not an Ajax man. But considering how things are going in the league and the UCL he might want to see the season out.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Maybe, but I think Ten Hag would have a bit more class than abandon his team in the middle of a successful season. Then again, it probably would piss off Ajax in the process, and they'll probably never do business with us ever again.
I mean I get the Ajax point, but if you fancy him as the manager you want. Who cares? I'm sure we could subsequently be very fair to them if they wanted a player of ours or whatever in the future. If he has a release clause, that's what they valued him at, so not our problem?
Hope so as he's not an Ajax man. But considering how things are going in the league and the UCL he might want to see the season out.
I think the opportunity to manage United is huge, so if he didn't take it now we'd surely move on, so he'd have to weigh that up massively.
Yeah he would. But for some reason or fans are scared of human morals of having someone leave a little bank for a bigger bank which happens to be the club they support.

Probably what United DNA means. Random question did we get Fergie off season or during the season?
Yeah I mean in a real life situation, regardless of how nice my company has been to me, if a massive opportunity came along, I'd jump at the chance.

reelworld

Midseason.

I think yesterday was the anniversary of his appointment at United

reelworld

I mean I get the Ajax point, but if you fancy him as the manager you want. Who cares? I'm sure we could subsequently be very fair to them if they wanted a player of ours or whatever in the future. If he has a release clause, that's what they valued him at, so not our problem?

I think the opportunity to manage United is huge, so if he didn't take it now we'd surely move on, so he'd have to weigh that up massively.

Yeah I mean in a real life situation, regardless of how nice my company has been to me, if a massive opportunity came along, I'd jump at the chance.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if the board want Ten Hag enough they'll find a way to get him.
Also he can give excuse that he wanted to finish his project at Ajax when he rejected Barca, but I'm sure Barca financial situation also.put him off.

I think with the right offer I'm positive that he's attainable

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I very much doubt ten Hag would abandon Ajax mid season and jeopardize his close friendship with Marc Overmars in the process. Not gonna happen IMO.

Levi1

I very much doubt ten Hag would abandon Ajax mid season and jeopardize his close friendship with Marc Overmars in the process. Not gonna happen IMO.
What about for $100 million over 5 seasons? (Though with get-out clauses)

Kaos

They're both footballing professionals first and foremost - I don't think Overmars would begrudge Ten Hag for taking up a big opportunity like that if it were to surface, likewise with Overmars being linked to an ambitious post at Newcastle.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They're both footballing professionals first and foremost - I don't think Overmars would begrudge Ten Hag for taking up a big opportunity like that if it were to surface, likewise with Overmars being linked to an ambitious post at Newcastle.
Ten Hag is gonna get the big opportunity to coach a top club, sooner rather than later. It's better for him to see out the season with Ajax where they're dark horses for the UCL, and then leave on good terms. I can't see him leaving mid season especially as they're still in the UCL.

SplitzMagic

You just appointed a DoF. Why would he hire his own replacement?
Because we're run by clowns.

If a manager who prefers go be DOF could get the team really going and competing. If he decides to move upstairs then I'd let him and ask him to give the P45 in the process.

Rangnick is great.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd rather we spend 50m on him, than getting a 50m player. It's time to recognize that manager is as important as getting world-class player.

And you won't get a (potentially) world-class player for 50m. 50m only gets you AWB and Ben White.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would be fine to bring someone in like Ten Hag or Potter or even Jaissle. That being said I am not sure that would be a good fit with our current squad of overpaid wannabe stars which is unbalanced and we tend to overrate.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I keep thinking, if we had never hired David Moyes, and he’s currently doing what he’s doing with West Ham, how many votes would he have in this thread?

Maybe more than both Potter and Rodgers?
Was thinking exactly samev

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Was thinking exactly samev
Nah. Hammers football is nowhere near as good as Brightons for example. Moyes is a mid table manager, who thrives in zero expectations. He was back then and he still now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You guys keep missing the point. Leak is just to contain the fan reaction after today. Everyone knows he isn't available until next November. They just want to tell that we want to change but no one is available now. So please wait.
Maybe you're right or maybe you're not. Mancini is paid pocket money with Italy. He's on around 2m a year as compared to Ole whose on 10m a year. Italy on the other hand see the national team as the pinnacle of football. If their manager wants out then they would let him go without second thought rather then risk having their campaign ruined by an unhappy manager. Mancini loves the national team but 8m extra per year is a real incentive.

Yakuza_devils

Maybe you're right or maybe you're not. Mancini is paid pocket money with Italy. He's on around 2m a year as compared to Ole whose on 10m a year. Italy on the other hand see the national team as the pinnacle of football. If their manager wants out then they would let him go without second thought rather then risk having their campaign ruined by an unhappy manager. Mancini loves the national team but 8m extra per year is a real incentive.
10 mil per year, Ole's luck is better than multiple time lottery winner. No way this man should be paid more than Tuchel. How can we justify paying a Molde manager that amount?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
10 mil per year, Ole's luck is better than multiple time lottery winner. No way this man should be paid more than Tuchel. How can we justify paying a Molde manager that amount?
TBF other report outlets report his salary to be around 7.5m

Daengophile

The Ten Hag/Ajax thing is simple. Open discussions and see what the position is to all parties.

If there's a will for Ten Hag to become coach and the end of the season suits everyone then it's time to consider a caretaker

mav_9me

We've missed out on managers due to timing or them not wanting to come. This time Ten Haag is available and there isn't a big rival for his services right now. Best opportunity in a while.

One can only hope.

frostbite

Ferguson was appointed manager of Man Utd on 6 November 1986. We were 21th (second from bottom) when he took over, we finished 11th.

NoPace

Gallardo?
I don't understand how he's held in such high esteem if he's never won the league. 2 Libertadores, if that's the same as 2 champions leagues, is very impressive, but shouldn't he sometimes win the league? Boca doesn't win every year. I'm not putting him down, I just don't understand why he's considered their best ever manager. Is the Libertadores just considered way way more important than the league in Argentina? Is it the same in Brazil.

tomaldinho1

I don't understand how he's held in such high esteem if he's never won the league. 2 Libertadores, if that's the same as 2 champions leagues, is very impressive, but shouldn't he sometimes win the league? Boca doesn't win every year. I'm not putting him down, I just don't understand why he's considered their best ever manager. Is the Libertadores just considered way way more important than the league in Argentina? Is it the same in Brazil.
If we have any resident Argentinians maybe they can answer - my understanding is they rate winning Libertadores because they, as a country, are so fecked financially it’s a massive deal to then beat Flamengo, Santos etc.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We've missed out on managers due to timing or them not wanting to come. This time Ten Haag is available and there isn't a big rival for his services right now. Best opportunity in a while.

One can only hope.
I have to admit that I know very little about Ten Haag. So it would be wrong to pass comment.

Having missed out on Conte, I am still of the opinion that Gareth Southgate has all the credentials we need.
Intelligence. Good tactician. Good at team building. Good communication skills.

Stactix

I have to admit that I know very little about Ten Haag. So it would be wrong to pass comment.

Having missed out on Conte, I am still of the opinion that Gareth Southgate has all the credentials we need.
White text?

dal

I would not take Conte in a million years, I’ve done some thinking and it must be either ten hag or potter,. We need someone who plays progressive football, I know Zidane has won a lot for a specific team but I just don’t think he’d be the right fit.

Whatever the next manager, they will have to have the courage to drop Ronaldo if needed for tactical reasons, in fact drop anyone in the team which is probably why I favour ten hag.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Liverpool or City fan?

Wheato

No way, he's another PE teacher. Risk averse, with 2 CDM's. Plays his favourites above better players who have to sit on the bench Saka and Sterling over Sancho, Grealish and Foden. And Kane when he isn't able to hit a barn door with a banjo, and he never drops him. Oh, and Mason Greenwood won't play for him because he publicly threw him under the bus.

Southgate is Ole mark 2.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I would not take Conte in a million years, I’ve done some thinking and it must be either ten hag or potter, I’m not really bothered which one. We need someone who plays progressive football, I know Zidane has won a lot for a specific team but I just don’t think he’d be the right fit.
Zidane is by far the best choice if we can convince him.

Status
Not open for further replies.