Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dal

It depends what you want with regards to Zidane, he’s a good manager and isn’t he a bit pragmatic and a good man manager, I mean it’s a bit like Solskjaer isn’t it and Zidane will not come with our midfield.

The biggest problem in our team is Fred, he can’t play football.

Wheato

We have to chuck everything into getting Ten Hag in the summer.

And an interim manager for the rest of the season. Although, I am struggling to see anyone who is available right now. Especially someone who is PL proven and can walk right into the mix and not be phased by it or learning on the job. Chelsea used to bring Hiddink in to steady the ship, we need our own version of this right now.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Ralph Hasenhuttl. He is an upgrade on Ole. If he can get us back into the top 4 and do something in the cups, then give him a bonus led salary. If he nails it, give him the job full time. We have the players. We just need a manager who can lead them.

onemanarmy

And an interim manager for the rest of the season. Although, I am struggling to see anyone who is available right now. Especially someone who is PL proven and can walk right into the mix and not be phased by it or learning on the job. Chelsea used to bring Hiddink in to steady the ship, we need our own version of this right now.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Ralph Hasenhuttl. He is an upgrade on Ole. If he can get us back into the top 4 and do something in the cups, then give him a bonus led salary. If he nails it, give him the job full time. We have the players. We just need a manager who can lead them.
If we get Ten Hag, we'd need to get a shitload of new players, again. We don't have the players for his system.

hurricane thunderclap

Realistically there is Hag, SImeone, Rogers and maybe (outsider) Low and Zidane.
Hag is a leap of faith, SImeone is a psycho , Rogers is a win one , lose one type , Low, mmm could work , Zidane is interesting but then again the starting eleven picked themselves in a two horse league, not sure he has ever shown an ability to build and mold a team

WPMUFC

Zidane had a midfield in 2018-19 of Casemiro/Modric/Kroos....I just don't see how he'd risk his reputation to try and fix McFred over 8 months and one transfer window when no one worth it will come / likely will not be backed by glazaers after Ole's recent spend.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I mean I get the Ajax point, but if you fancy him as the manager you want. Who cares? I'm sure we could subsequently be very fair to them if they wanted a player of ours or whatever in the future. If he has a release clause, that's what they valued him at, so not our problem?

I think the opportunity to manage United is huge, so if he didn't take it now we'd surely move on, so he'd have to weigh that up massively.

Yeah I mean in a real life situation, regardless of how nice my company has been to me, if a massive opportunity came along, I'd jump at the chance.
Ajax is more professional run than Utd. Who has a amateur COE, owner, manager and backroom staff. These people talks like professional but hardly does their job well. Ajax will continue to progress with or without their manager. There philosophy is embedded into their culture where their youth continues to shine in the world stage. It is more likely if their manager would like to take up this challenge. This is not an easy feat to bring a bunch of collective individuals to play a brand of football you envision. It depends if he has enough confidence in himself to steer the ship right. I think money is secondary since he is already successful at Ajax.

Wilt

Poch could be out of a job if PSG get knocked out of the CL.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My top 3 in no order -

Zidane, Ten Hag and Luis Enrique.

Potential manager for a gamble I don't mind - Potter but that's from what I've heard about him.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No way, he's another Ole Ole Ole I love you. Risk averse, with 2 CDM's. Plays his favourites above better players who have to sit on the bench Saka and Sterling over Sancho, Grealish and Foden. And Kane when he isn't able to hit a barn door with a banjo, and he never drops him. Oh, and Mason Greenwood won't play for him because he publicly threw him under the bus.

Southgate is Ole mark 2.
You won't be surprised if I completely disagree. But we each have our own views.

M16Red

If we get Ten Hag, we'd need to get a shitload of new players, again. We don't have the players for his system.
He plays the same system 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, that's why i think he's a good fit for us.

Plus this this is his second team he has built in what 3 years.. mostly from the youth system.

::sonny::

Conte never been a option
Utd never considered giving him 20 million/year + his request as staff and players

Rockets Redglare

My top 3 in no order -

Zidane, Ten Hag and Luis Enrique.

Potential manager for a gamble I don't mind - Potter but that's from what I've heard about him.
I don't think any of those three would want the job, we’re a poisoned chalice these days with the board we have.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yes. New managers implement their tactics instantly. And then they work on improving the team's execution of them.

The notion that it takes months and years for a manager's work to show is only there to make excuses for ineffective or uninspiring managers.
This.

LVG improved Holland in 2 days, and got them playing his brand of football in 3 games.
Conte will have Spurs playing like a machine in 5 weeks time.

He plays the same system 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, that's why i think he's a good fit for us.

Plus this this is his second team he has built in what 3 years.. mostly from the youth system.
I can't see ETH using AWB or DDG and Maguire is a question mark as well.. We need an experienced DM, even if we promote say Galbraith. It's not a complete rebuild but he will need 3-4 new players.

M16Red

I can't see ETH using AWB or DDG and Maguire is a question mark as well.. We need an experienced DM, even if we promote say Galbraith. It's not a complete rebuild but he will need 3-4 new players.
That's the point of a squad - Galbraith is no where near ready to play our midfield.

At the moment ETH is moving the RB and LB to the middle and pushing attacks via the middle 3, that's how the beat Dortmund they where running off middle 3 of dortmund and the RB/LB was dropping in to cover.

That was all coached and setup that way

Lee565

Call me crazy but maybe bring back LvG as interim until the end of the season, this team actually would be very suited to his philosophy of football and we know he likes bringing through the young players so we may well see someone like hannibal and it wouldn't even surprise me if he dropped de gea.

Eddy_JukeZ

The club need to move heaven and earth to get in an agreement in with Ten Hag for the summer.

Literally, there's no other option I want and I'd be devastated if we don't bring him in.

We need a proactive manager on the rise. I'm tired of these football dinosaurs being given the job.

M16Red

Call me crazy but maybe bring back LvG as interim until the end of the season, this team actually would be very suited to his philosophy of football and we know he likes bringing through the young players so we may well see someone like hannibal and it wouldn't even surprise me if he dropped de gea.
I have a horrible feeling that Ole will still be here at the end of the season.. depressing..

M16Red

The club need to move heaven and earth to get in an agreement in with Ten Hag for the summer.

Literally, there's no other option I want and I'd be devastated if we don't bring him in.

We need a proactive manager on the rise. I'm tired of these football dinosaurs being given the job.
His stats are mad
Lost 1 game all season and GF32 GA2! League

GroupC
Lost zero and GF14 GA2!

I'm turning into a bit of a fan boi

Cal?

CR7 fan
How did we go from Sir Alex to the highlight of being a United fan every few seasons is the sacking of another useless manager? :(

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Now that would be interesting.
Given how Argentinians tend to fare at Man United, and seeing that it would be his first time working in Europe as a manager, it seems recklessly risky though.

A club in La Liga or Serie A would probably make more sense for him?
I don’t see Gallardo working out in England until he’s coached elsewhere in Europe.

The idea that Ragnick is wanting to be DOF but your board is dithering and wanting him in an “interim role” is unbelievable. Just get him in and let him choose the coach. I think with RR in and sorting the who set up out you’d have different options for Head Coach. People like Hutter, for example, might be more likely to succeed in that environment. Potter would also have much better support with RR around. I also think Ten Hag has a much better chance of settling if RR is there.

Natener

I know it would be a far fetch notion but what about SAF taking over as interim? As things stand, I don't think there's much expectations to win anything this season the way things are going. Neither would it be a good idea having an interim manager trying to implement a system that's not in line with whoever we are going to appoint at the end of the season. If his health allows for it, he would at the very least get this group of players to perform to a reasonable standard, certainly way better than what we are seeing. Minimal tactics needed, just the man management ability alone would do wonders with this group enough to get us through the season.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I know it would be a far fetch notion but what about SAF taking over as interim? As things stand, I don't think there's much expectations to win anything this season the way things are going. Neither would it be a good idea having an interim manager trying to implement a system that's not in line with whoever we are going to appoint at the end of the season. If his health allows for it, he would at the very least get this group of players to perform to a reasonable standard, certainly way better than what we are seeing. Minimal tactics needed, just the man management ability alone would do wonders with this group enough to get us through the season.
No. His health is more important he's more than done his bit.

Eddy_JukeZ

Nope. SAF should never manage again. Health is way more important.

Also with all due respect to him, he should have zero input regarding the next manager.

SouthernRedDev

Who ever the next manager is they need to have a strong personality, they need to be able to pick a team to play on merit, not fear upsetting our so called stars. Im not sure how many strong managers who would command respect from our players there are who are available. They need to have a strong coaching staff around them to replace our sorely lacking setup.

Cal?

CR7 fan
You or me?
Because if me, you can check my posts to see my commitments to Manchester United.
Don't know about you, Southgate is probably one of the only managers I'd hate to see at United, may as well go with Rooney or even Ronaldo as player-manager.

singhters

Why no one mention Bielsa look what he can do with crap teams I’d love to see what he could do with better players he eats sleeps football he’ll show them videos and spreadsheets of the players mistakes he’ll sleep at the stadium and sit on a bucket giving out orders.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Brendan fecking Rogers. Jesus wept! A serial bottler, yeh he's definitely the right man to compete against Klopp, pep and tuchel.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
:lol:

I cant help it, but it would be so typical of this bunch of idiots. Going for Brendan Rodgers over Conte?

They are so afraid of having someone who actually know what he is doing because they know lack of success then will reflect back on them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If legit outlets start reporting that Rodgers is our #1 choice, then I'll worry about it. Not while it's CaughtOffside.

Status
Not open for further replies.