Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

The chickens, as they say, have finally come home to roost. We are truly fukked.

I can’t see anyone of sufficient pedigree being willing to sign on as caretaker. So it’s either go with Ole and sink closer to the ocean floor at season’s end or eat our pride and pry Rodgers loose from Leicester City.

Pisses me off that we didn’t thank Ole for his services in May and brought in a top manager, several of whom were there for the taking at the time. Shitheads who run United, all of them.

Rolaholic

When the going gets tough Zidane quits…..he has no affinity with Utd, no affinity with the EPL, can’t speak English so I really don’t see the fit. No track record of dealing with tough times at a club. Wrong fit all around.
He resigned coming off his 3rd straight CL title the first time and right after winning the league the second time, with a 65% win percentage overall so how does that equal leaving when the going gets tough?

Guapa

Rather keep Ole until the end of the season than appointment Brendon fecking Rogers.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Who do people think can compete with klopp, guardiola and tuchel? Or anyone that matches them tactically and plays good football? There can’t be many out there that could but I think there are a few that have potential to be one of the best managers/coaches… ten Haag has got to be one of them and even klopp said he’s one of the most exciting coaches in Europe at the minute. Are there any German managers that can come and do a job with us and compete with the best in the prem? I like the style that most Germans play which is attacking and front foot football

ConteIsLife

RodgersIsLife was taken
Who do people think can compete with klopp, guardiola and tuchel? Or anyone that matches them tactically and plays good football? There can’t be many out there that could but I think there are a few that have potential to be one of the best managers/coaches… ten Haag has got to be one of them and even klopp said he’s one of the most exciting coaches in Europe at the minute. Are there any German managers that can come and do a job with us and compete with the best in the prem? I like the style that most Germans play which is attacking and front foot football
Conte could have, only people who haven't watched his teams would call his football not good.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Conte could have, only people who haven't watched his teams would call his football not good.
With conte though you get a lot of negativity after a while and he starts falling out with players… he’ll win you a few things though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Are there any German managers that can come and do a job with us and compete with the best in the prem?
Marco Rose (Dortmund) already got some votes on here, but he did just start in the summer at Dortmund and Dortmund had to pay a fee for him (5m €) to Gladbach, so even if you would be able to lure him away, expect Dortmund to ask for a fee exceeding Nagelsmann's (>20m €). Nagelsmann definitely would be able to do it, but as Bayern just signed him, he is also off the market.

In general a lot of German managers just switched clubs in the summer and now have to prove how they can deal with their new clubs, so I don't think there are many safe options at the moment, except Rangnick and Favre (if you count him as German, he isn't, but spend a lot of time in the Bundesliga).

Laurencio

Ten Hag, Marco Rose, Julian Nagelsmann, Simeone, Conte, Hansi Flick, Carlo Ancelotti, Luis Enrique and probably Zidane. I think Pochettino at his best is also in with a shout.

They are out there, they just all have jobs. Honestly Ten Hag seems like the easiest to get out of all of them.

Heinzesight

Would love Ten Hag here. Just hope we do everything we can to get him before City sign him up on a pre-contract for 2023.

I want my sexy, bald, hipster manager now!

Yakuza_devils

feck me
Nice guy, check. Smiling, check. Yes man, check. Won't ask difficult question, check. Won't rock the boat, check. Don't have high demand on signing players, check.

Ed, Arnold and Murtough will appoint Rodgers.

AussieDevil

Genuine question for any one clued up on Bayern, was Ten Hag in with a shout to take over from Flick?

It seems like a logical choice for them considering Ten Hag spent time there previously. Or is Nagelsmann just so much better than him?

forevrared

feck me
Our fan base has turned into one that would rival a Greatest Hits compilation of “RAWK Goes into Meltdown” over one of our club legends who won us a Champions League. Imagine how insufferable it’ll be with Liverpool’s garbage at the helm. I think I may just off myself.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Nice guy, check. Smiling, check. Yes man, check. Won't ask difficult question, check. Won't rock the boat, check. Don't have high demand on signing players, check.

Murtough’s name hasn’t really been mentioned so far if I’m not wrong? Doesn’t sound like he’s one of the decision makers when it comes to replacing Ole. The key figures appear to be Joel Glazer, Woodward, Arnold, and SAF. It would be surprising if SAF approved of Rodgers.

AussieDevil

I really wish we had Ancelotti takeover before he went back to Madrid. He would be so good for the likes or Rashford, he turned DCL into a goal scoring machine and has worked to turn Vinicius into a competent finisher.

Gets along with Ronaldo and Varane too.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Genuine question for any one clued up on Bayern, was Ten Hag in with a shout to take over from Flick?

It seems like a logical choice for them considering Ten Hag spent time there previously. Or is Nagelsmann just so much better than him?
He was on top of a shortlist of candidates to take over from Kovac. Flick was only installed as a caretaker in the beginning, but we all know what happened then. However, Nagelsmann was always the number one pick for Flicks succession. He's German, Bavarian even, and a great man manager and motivator apart from his tactical capabilities. Ten Hag's speeches are a bit weird at times, and he doesn't project any semblence of authority. All in all, I'd consider Nagelsmann to be the more complete package, and so did our higher ups, obviously.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He was on top of a shortlist of candidates to take over from Kovac. Flick was only installed as a caretaker in the beginning, but we all know what happened then. However, Nagelsmann was always the number one pick for Flicks succession. He's German, Bavarian even, and a great man manager and motivator apart from his tactical capabilities. Ten Hag's speeches are a bit weird at times, and he doesn't project any semblence of authority. All in all, I'd consider Nagelsmann to be the more complete package, and so did our higher ups, obviously.
I have seen people mention that Ten Hag speaks weirdly, but I still don’t fully understand how.

Can you please elaborate on that point?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I have seen people mention that Ten Hag speaks weirdly, but I still don’t fully understand how.

Can you please elaborate on that point?
Word salad. He tends to jump from one thought to another before finishing any of them.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Murtough’s name hasn’t really been mentioned so far if I’m not wrong? Doesn’t sound like he’s one of the decision makers when it comes to replacing Ole. The key figures appear to be Joel Glazer, Woodward, Arnold, and SAF. It would be surprising if SAF approved of Rodgers.

Why? Rodgers seems exactly the kind of coach SAF would approve of. No modern style German coaches and the like for this club.

Needham

Face it. It's like when Alan Partridge was asked who he thought were the up and coming presenters. "There's no one out there."

Banat

If Rodgers comes here, I think he will surprise many doubters. He is a very good coach, a true football analyst and tactician. He has improved massively since leaving the Pool, his winning percentage is actually higher with Leicester (weaker squad, more competitive league), and he actually won some things.
No doubt, if he comes here, he will work overtime to organize this squad of primadonnas into one functional unit.
I have no idea why people are against this appointment, except this "Liverpool bond" argument which is silly.
I don't think he is at the Klopp/Pep' level but honestly, nobody is. They are tier S.
I think Brendan is potentially in the same tier as Tuchel, if given better squad.
Yesterday, I had a good laugh reading Tuchel's thread from page 1. Some people were calling him fraud, overrated, wrong appointment after his time at PSG.
All of a sudden, he is up there with Klopp and Pep as he found his level at Chelsea.
I really believe Brendan is ready for the next step and I wouldn't mind him at all if we can't get Ten Haag.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Word salad. He tends to jump from one thought to another before finishing any of them.
Got you, thanks.

I’ve met people like that before who tend have very creative mindsets so they drift from topic to topic very quickly.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yep, and this is precisely why they want Rodgers or Poch. Timid personalities who won't kick up a fuss while the boys club can enjoy keeping each other in the job. It's also why they love Ole.

Ragnick would pose the risk of having us act like an actual elite football job.
Giving Rangnick a free hand at United would definitely be scary for the competition. He successfully promoted Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig multiple times and established both clubs in the Bundesliga.
He plays high intensity football with high lines and high pressing. Similar to Pep. While Pep does it to regain possession and control of the game asap, Rangnick prefers to quick transition to create chances, like Klopp.
Also his recruitment isn't bad..... Just look at the RB clubs. Haaland, Mane, Upamecano, Werner.
Yes he wants full control but so far he always justified it by with bringing success.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Giving Rangnick a free hand at United would definitely be scary for the competition. He successfully promoted Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig multiple times and established both clubs in the Bundesliga.
He plays high intensity football with high lines and high pressing. Similar to Pep. While Pep does it to regain possession and control of the game asap, Rangnick prefers to quick transition to create chances, like Klopp.
Also his recruitment isn't bad..... Just look at the RB clubs. Haaland, Mane, Upamecano, Werner.
Yes he wants full control but so far he always justified it by with bringing success.
It‘s crazy that United would turn down the chance to have Ragnick run the football side. Woodward has always had people briefing for him that he’s met Rangnick for talks or he “likes” Nagelsmann and Tuchel, and that he “gets on with“ Van der Sa. It’s as though he’s trying to position himself as some kind of football expert, expert enough that he talks with these people but they’re “not quite right” for him to hire. It’s absolutely pathetic.

IFC 1905

I get why he's highly rated, but it just feels like if he was managing in a league of similar quality (say Scotland or Turkey) and he had consistent success in Europe and say won the Europa League and made a CL quarter-final there would both be tons of hype but also tons of people saying "well he's never won the league and it's not even a top 10 league in the world, even if he is going on these great Cup runs."

I can't tell if he moves to Europe, will it be at a huge club like United or Madrid, or will he get a good but mid-table job like Betis or Fiorentina.

Scotland or Turkey similar to Argentina? that's funny.

I think He'll go to a good but midtable team like you said, just like Simeone did for example. Or Poch.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Anything is better than the clown show we have going on right now but if he’s the 2nd coming of Christ like you make him sound, I wonder why he’s unemployed.

UDontMessWith24

Our fan base has turned into one that would rival a Greatest Hits compilation of “RAWK Goes into Meltdown” over one of our club legends who won us a Champions League. Imagine how insufferable it’ll be with Liverpool’s garbage at the helm. I think I may just off myself.
Which one of the two is the better manager? Ole's exploits as a player should not allow him further opportunities to continue the downward spiral he is currently presiding over. He is vastly underqualified and that's not an opinion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

He would also know whose the likes of Maguire and AWB are. They won't just say that one is a CB with zero pace and the other can't cross only to discard them.

hammerhead1878

If Rodgers comes here, I think he will surprise many doubters. He is a very good coach, a true football analyst and tactician. He has improved massively since leaving the Pool, his winning percentage is actually higher with Leicester (weaker squad, more competitive league), and he actually won some things.
No doubt, if he comes here, he will work overtime to organize this squad of primadonnas into one functional unit.
I have no idea why people are against this appointment, except this "Liverpool bond" argument which is silly.
I don't think he is at the Klopp/Pep' level but honestly, nobody is. They are tier S.
I think Brendan is potentially in the same tier as Tuchel, if given better squad.
Yesterday, I had a good laugh reading Tuchel's thread from page 1. Some people were calling him fraud, overrated, wrong appointment after his time at PSG.
All of a sudden, he is up there with Klopp and Pep as he found his level at Chelsea.
I really believe Brendan is ready for the next step and I wouldn't mind him at all if we can't get Ten Haag.
I agree with you 100%. I don't get the opposition to Rodgers. And it is only this season that LCFC are not playing well under him but they are only two points behind btw, even if they are 12th.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Anything is better than the clown show we have going on right now but if he’s the 2nd coming of Christ like you make him sound, I wonder why he’s unemployed.
Rangnick is a good coach playing attractive fast attacking football. He surely could steady the ship and ensure a top 4 finish.

However, his real value is actually to build or restructure a club. Introducing a clear system and philosophy how the club plays football. Not only for the first team but through all youth and 2nd teams as well. He is known to bring in qualified staff and introduced the most advanced and modern training methods. The "Leistungszentrum" in Leipzig is one of the best in Europe. He also has a clear agenda what kind of players to buy. E.g. Leipzig doesn't buy any players over a certain age. I think not over 24 years.
I personally think he would, if given the power, be the ideal hiring to transform Man United into a modern, successful football clubs that will challenge on all fronts.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anyone clamoring for rodgers is either a rival fan or delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.