Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisManUtd

Blanc until May then Pochettino/ten Hag in summer could be the case. Rodgers is an option too obviously but Leicester haven't been great this season so far, will be interesting to see how their season develops.

hobbers

Blanc > Rangnick if interim.

Ten Hag > Zidane > Lopetegui > Anyone > Brenton if permanent

UnitedFan93

Please not Zidane, he'll see United as a downgrade from Madrid. Can't see him adjusting to the city either.

tomaldinho1

Can we simply buy Conte out of his deal?…he’s seen the battle he’s got on at Spurs, Kane is fecked, they won’t let him spend huge sums and he is a mercenary, I assume he could resign and we just then hire him and compensate him for his losses.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bring in Maradona. Need some character at the club.

Edit: Oh, forget he's dead.

WPMUFC

The Fletcher rumour makes this clear. You don't actively choose fletcher to sit in a chair for 2 games this week and then announce Zidane. If that was happening, you'd announce Zidane and then tell everyone that Carrick is going to sit in the seat for this week only.

They have chosen someone outside the game-day bench because there is no candidate and he''ll likely have to sit there for a few weeks.

minoo-utd

Not Fletcher.
Not anyone who is at the coaching stuff now.
Not Brendan either.
Must be there some other options, right?

Two weeks this can be done weeks ago ffs!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think the problem with a lot of United fans is they’ve a 3/10 manager and then turn their nose up at 6 or 7/10 managers in search of a 10. When the 7/10 manager will more than do.

Pretty much every manager linked with United is much better than Ole. They will all be better. Zidane, Rodgers, Poch, Ten Hag, Potter etc…
Mate, being better than Ole is not enough. We need the one who can take us to where we are to win the league and CL. We can't keep doing the same cycle again 3 years and no PL and CL trophy and sack the manager.

Dominos

The good news so far is, if Brendan Rodgers was the plan, it would probably already be leaked that he's the favourite to take over. He's not been given a mention since Ole's been sacked, although obvious it's very early days. It seems like the club are willing to appoint an interim till the end of the season rather than handing the wrong man a permanent contract now, which is a good sign.

Mainoldo

The good news so far is, if Brendan Rodgers was the plan, it would probably already be leaked that he's the favourite to take over. He's not been given a mention since Ole's been sacked, although obvious it's very early days. It seems like the club are willing to appoint an interim till the end of the season rather than handing the wrong man a permanent contract now, which is a good sign.
Who else is there? It’s going to be him. Literally we have put ourselves in a position where no candidate is available.

BorisManUtd

What a absolute waste of a International Break though. Jeez, this club.
Was so pointless keeping Ole after Leicester, Liverpool and City results. Tottenham win was a solid one but against a dreadful team and Atalanta a draw where Ronaldo bailed us out. No idea how Watford game was going to change anything even if we won :lol:

Dominos

Who else is there? It’s going to be him. Literally we have put ourselves in a position where no candidate is available.
Blanc is already being mentioned by the UK journos as interim, and it's obvious that something is going on with trying to convince Zidane to take it, so it seems like they're definitely not set on Rodgers on a permanent basis. If they were, we can get him easy. We'd already know his buyout clause from his Leicester contract, and he's obviously not turning us down.

It's definitely possible that he ends up here. However I'm not convinced that's the plan because that plan would be ready to put into action right away, it's been talked about for weeks.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think Zidane would be a nightmare. Did well at Madrid but doesn’t want to live or work in England and doesn’t speak English. He would come in feeling like he was doing you a favor. I think the only way to make him work would be to give him a massive budget and full control. I think that would be a move away from what you need to do.

Blanc is a good interim option but I don’t see why he’d do it.

Lopetegui permanently? He’s a good coach but quite defensive and I think he’d get eaten alive if the structure is as disorganized as it looks.

Ten Hag is like Lopetegui but with much better football. I’m not sure he can come in on his own and drag United up and I think he could get swamped, especially if he came in now.

I think Fonseca could be a good interim option. He’s after a job in England and just being better than Ole would guarantee him a good Premier League job next season. He’s available now. I’d do that and offer him a massive bonus for top 4 (now that the dithering has made it a big ask)

Kaos

Just have the club run by fan polls - a poll to pick the team, polls for subs during the game, polls for transfers. Would be a hilarious experiment.

Mainoldo

Blanc is already being mentioned by the UK journos as interim, so it seems like they're definitely not set on Rodgers on a permanent basis. If they were, we can get him easy. We'd already know his buyout clause from his Leicester contract, and he's obviously not turning us down.

It's definitely possible that he ends up here. However I'm not convinced that's the plan because that plan would be ready to put into action right away, it's been talked about for weeks.
Bland isn’t better than Rodgers though. I get it but we just need a permanent manager. I’m not for Rodgers by the way but rather him than waiting until the summer.

WPMUFC

i've resigned myself to Potter or Rodgers based purely on the fact that the board can control them, they are easily sackable and the club has done no behind the scenes work to have a genuine replacement lined up in the case of Ole being sacked.

I doubt woodward et al have even held an informal interview with ten hag and the likes. I genuinely think they were caught so off guard by this that their only move so far has been to essentially beg Zidane and when he rejected it first time think it's only a matter of $$$.

buchansleftleg

If in a few days we get briefings that .....Rodgers is increasingly on the top of the list of applicants.... or the club has been impressed by his record of developing young talent...then every other serious candidate has told us to get lost.

Our clubs reputation lies in tatters and the only real solution is for Murtough to sign his own redundancy letter and get Edwin van de Sar in as DOF, with Ten Hag to follow at some point.

But as this would require several people to put the club ahead of their own position, I sadly can't see it happening.

Dominos

Bland isn’t better than Rodgers though. I get it but we just need a permanent manager. I’m not for Rodgers by the way but rather him than waiting until the summer.
I don't think an interim till the end of the season is the worst idea if the right manager isn't available right now. We need someone competent to get us back in the top 4, that's all Rodgers could possibly achieve this season anyway. If someone else could do that, and we get to appoint a new coach in the summer, that would be the preference.

CM

Blanc as interim with ten Hag coming in the summer sounds sensible, as long as there's no possibility of a repeat of what happened with Solskjaer. Or if we could get Zidane now...

Mainoldo

I don't think an interim till the end of the season is the worst idea if the right manager isn't available right now. We need someone competent to get us back in the top 4, that's all Rodgers could possibly achieve this season anyway. If someone else could do that, and we get to appoint a new coach in the summer, that would be the preference.
We can’t do it man.The situation is too untenable. You seen what happened with Solari at Madrid. We need to get our summer manager now. Whoever that will be. Even if we have to wait two weeks for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.