Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If in a few days we get briefings that .....Rodgers is increasingly on the top of the list of applicants.... or the club has been impressed by his record of developing young talent...then every other serious candidate has told us to get lost.

Our clubs reputation lies in tatters and the only real solution is for Murtough to sign his own redundancy letter and get Edwin van de Sar in as DOF, with Ten Hag to follow at some point.

But as this would require several people to put the club ahead of their own position, I sadly can't see it happening.
Why would you want someone as DOF who has never worked in that position before? Van der Sar would be better qualified to replace Woodward than to replace Murtough.

GMoore23

Please not Blanc. I can't stand the guy. Also, I don't want an interim if possible.
This season is still salvageable if we get someone good in which is why we should have signed Conte weeks back.

If Rodgers is available now, I'd probably go for him.
If it has to be a caretaker, I'd honestly offer it to Wenger and then go after ten Hag, Conte, Rogers or Mancini in the summer.

OleGunnar20

@SportingCP96 What about Amorim as a left-field option? Seems to have done well with Sporting from the little I've seen. Would he be an option (I'm thinking at the end of the season on a permanent basis) do you think, or too soon?

For the record I'm very much in the Ten Haag / Enrique camp, but neither seem likely, even at the end of the season. Brenton would be a disaster I feel, hes just too dislikable and not even that great a coach. Beyond Rose I'm struggling to come up with anymore promising names really, not that I'm all that clued up.

AndyMUFC

I feel like it might be Rodgers to be honest. Zidane or Ten Haag would be my preferred options but it's whether we can get them.

RedDevilRoshi

I feel like it might be Rodgers to be honest. Zidane or Ten Haag would be my preferred options but it's whether we can get them.
If it is Brendan Rodgers then we’ll all be back here 12-18 months later having the same old conversation as the one we have been having about Ole

hobbers

Zidane really would be a Woodward style appointment and a disaster in the making imo.
I think Zidane at Manchester United would be an absolute train wreck.
Even if i knew in advance he'd be a train wreck,

Still take that train wreck over Rodgers.

Sviken

Just give Ten Haggy one billion dollars contract so he can come here. Surely every man has his price? And it's not like Ajax would collapse, they'll comfortably win the league regardless.

Kaos

Just give Ten Haggy one billion dollars contract so he can come here. Surely every man has his price? And it's not like Ajax would collapse, they'll comfortably win the league regardless.
For one billion you could probably bring in Pep with Klopp as his assistant.

L1nk

Carrick is a complete novice and has Fletcher ever coached a day in his life? What an absolute joke of a club this is. Carrick should be gone along with the rest of them and they better not try and push him on the next manager, hate this jobs for the boys shite its sickening, not good enough, period.

Pentagruel

I honestly don’t care who they hire as interim manager, they can hire Pipo the Clown for all I care. The important thing is choosing the right full time manager for next season. Take the time to do your due diligence for the full time hire and make sure you get the right man. Don’t settle for a has-been or also-ran like a Rodgers or Potter. Don’t settle for a 7/10. Have the patience to target and acquire a 10/10 rather then choosing whoever is available now. I don’t even care if they make top 4 here. Get the right manager in charge. If the potential manager won’t come because we are in Europa league next year then he probably isn’t the right man. It needs to be someone who has the patience and confidence to really build a superior football team and culture from scratch and in fact, one eager to do just that rather then inheriting one already built.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not sure who it is going to be. I am of the opinion it should've been Conte a few weeks ago. At this point I cannot see Ten Hag as what exactly has changed since three weeks ago? Summer, maybe but I cannot see any logic on that happening now when he could've had a break to bed in.

Only options I see are:

Zidane (not sure about him or whether he is even up for it.)

Blanc (wouldn't go down well)

A caretaker (Carrick/Fletcher - will they be any better than Ole?)

Dazzmondo

I don't see any way Ten Haag leaves while Ajax are still in the CL so might as well rule him out for now. Can't afford an inexperienced interim like Fletcher for the rest of the season. Blanc might make some sense for rest of season, he's a decent manager. Zidane is probably the best option if he is willing to take the job which he doesn't seem too interested in. Rodgers would be a better option than the alternatives and if he the team doesn't perform we can always move for Ten Haag at the end of the season. Saw some links with Lopetegue. His Sevilla team has been very impressive this season but his previous managerial record would concern me. No matter who we get in they are a worse manager than Conte who was easily available mere weeks ago

BlueHaze

Another poster made a good point saying Ten Hag would struggle under this current set up. I agree on that. For him to be able to succeed there would need to be a good foundation from above to work under. Top candidate for me but let's not pretend he would be some messiah who would thrive under this spineless and leaderless board.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Rodgers would be a better option than the alternatives and if he the team doesn't perform we can always move for Ten Haag at the end of the season.
That is exactly why Rodgers won't leave Leicester for Utd. Why leave if you know that you essentially have 6 months otherwise you face the sack. Unless money is his ultimate goal, I just don't see it as he is in a stable position at Leicester.

Flytan

That is exactly why Rodgers won't leave Leicester for Utd. Why leave if you know that you essentially have 6 months otherwise you face the sack. Unless money is his ultimate goal, I just don't see it as he is in a stable position at Leicester.
I mean he could think he'd do a good enough job.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another poster made a good point saying Ten Hag would struggle under this current set up. I agree on that. For him to be able to succeed there would need to be a good foundation from above to work under. Top candidate for me but let's not pretend he would be some messiah who would thrive under this spineless and leaderless board.
I made this point but I have seen many, many others say the same much earlier.

That's why I'm keen on Zidane as interim. He's shown he can work the big time and we can see if he can do it for a year until the WC.

Kaos

His jobs not really all that secure at Leicester anymore, and it wouldn't surprise me if they parted ways with him this season or in the summer. This is the club that sacked Ranieri the season after he delivered them their first PL title after all.

Also fat chance our board sacks Rodgers in the summer if we bring him in now. We'd have to be in relegation form between now and the end of the season for that to happen. He'd limp somewhere around top 6 and that would be seen as enough by our dithering board.

Dazzmondo

Have you seen Leicester's form or watched them play this season? It's very much possible he could be sacked by Leicester. They sacked Ranieri who won them the title so they're not an unambitious club and are prepared to be ruthless.

Idxomer

Lopetegui is your classic Spanish manager who does great with clubs like Sevilla but fails to take the next step with a big club.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I mean he could think he'd do a good enough job.
Maybe, but from his perspective it is a lot of risk. He is a former Dipper after all and a marmite personality (and I think he is aware of this.) For me, he must be aware that if he takes the job he will have to hit the ground running. If he requires a few months to implement his ideas then the knives will be out.

Personally, I cannot see him wanting to do that. Like other managers, Summer for sure, at this moment, not so sure, especially when said manager is in a very stable position.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Have you seen Leicester's form or watched them play this season? It's very much possible he could be sacked by Leicester. They sacked Ranieri who won them the title so they're not an unambitious club and are prepared to be ruthless.
Seen a bit of them but not a massive amount. Obviously there form has been patchy but I assumed that he would still be safe owing to the nature of his time there prior to this wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.