Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyScout78

Personally for me right now.

1.Ajaxs Erik Ten Hag.
Reasons : When you can turn a struggling Haller at West Ham and a good Tadic at Southampton. To two really good football players at Ajax. Not once, but twice. It indicated Hag knows how to get the best out of yours players or how to develop them to better. It’s calling if correctly. Definition of good coaching.
So I am excited to see how far he can get Ajax in this year champion league. A well drill team. With a really precise left foot and playmaker in Tadic.

2.Pochettino . With the right players he can be the answer too. He use to coach and push his players to run a lot.
But sorry to Ole. Compare to Ole. Poch is a clearly upgrade from Ole. When it come to coaching. Poch was a defensive midfield player as a player. He knows how to build up an attack.

3. Ralph Hasenhüttl. Southampton. I really like this guy energy, guts and passion. Looks like a Klopp energy, passion and personality.
He put his team to work a lot. High press, aggressive and with max intensity. And his 442 might suit United.
The negative with him is. From what I have been observed. Not sure a order or tactic. But his defend line stand really high. Open up totally and open up for counter attack from the opponents teams.
If he can get the balance between high aggressive press. With a not really high defend line. Get a more solid defend fundament. Then I am not afraid when it come to attack. With 442 and United current players in Bruno and Rashford + 1-2 new top world class attacking players. With the perfect balance of defend and attack. This guy top gut, drive, passion, energy and character. Reasons I really like him and following him.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
3. Ralph Hasenhüttl. Southampton. I really like this guy energy, guts and passion. Looks like a Klopp energy, passion and personality.
He put his team to work a lot. High press, aggressive and with max intensity. And his 442 might suit United.
The negative with him is. From what I have been observed. Not sure a order or tactic. But his defend line stand really high. Open up totally and open up for counter attack from the opponents teams.
If he can get the balance between high aggressive press. With a not really high defend line. Get a more solid defend fundament. Then I am not afraid when it come to attack. With 442 and United current players in Bruno and Rashford + 1-2 new top world class attacking players. With the perfect balance of defend and attack. This guy top gut, drive, passion, energy and character. Reasons I really like him and following him.
We know the answer: He can't. That's why Rangnick let him go from Leipzig and that's why he won't come to United as long as Rangnick is involved.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Which manager would want to jump in this mess. We won't have a midfield or a forwards next season.

Devil81

If he wants it I'm all for letting Ragnick take the job, he's clearly clearing the decks and I think he knows what he wants from the team.

I just don't see another manager out their I'd think could get us back. At least Ragnick will have had 6 months in the job already.

OrcaFat

Really? I think pretty much everybody except obviously Pep and Klopp would be interested in the job.
Most self-respecting managers would back themselves to succeed here, I suppose. I wouldn’t be surprised if the very best proven big-league managers would decline unless they’re at a worse run club at the moment.

I also think many would wish they hadn’t come here when they get a taste of the expectation and see that the organisation and ambition of the owners does not match the expectations.

Tarrou

It’s looking much tougher now

going into the summer needing to fix the midfield and buy a starting striker is gonna be very difficult

Chairman Steve

Utd is still a very prestigious job for any manager or head coach. I would say the stumbling block has been a certain accountant who has been trying to play the English Florentino Perez these past 8 years or so, thinking all I need is a manager and we can do no wrong….but his last day is tomorrow and powers have been delegated over the past year with seemingly Murtough and Ralf being at the forefront of a Utd that’s finally got it’s act together and modernised it’s structure.

Utd has player pull, huge fanbase, huge wealth and a bonus attribute of having a record of showing patience to managers/head coaches (maybe a little too much in Solskjaer’s case). I’m sure there’s a tasty challenge factor in it too, knowing they’d go down as the guy who put Utd back in the major trophies

Greck

Many managers would want to come here. Several hundred million pound backing in the transfer market, huge salary, wider range of powers than just being a glorified head coach plus the best patience with managers among European megaclubs. Structure is a mess though but that's exactly why the manager gets broader powers than at any other club.

We Need Another Rebuild

This is the best time for any manager to come in, you have an interim who is moving upstairs after 6 months of analysing the squad and areas of weakness and potential targets.

It still isn't going to be an easy job, at least we have a new structure in place, Woodward will be gone, Arnold will want to make a statement that he is different to Woodward by backing the new manager and leaving it to actual football people.

The comment from Ten Hag regarding the structure of a club was a come and get me plea if you get your act together

Why would anyone turn this job or club down? The biggest club in England, change the fortunes here you will be a legend

Reactions: Invictus

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Tuchel at PSG:
2.35 points per game
6 of 10 competitions won (missed out on one cup, one league cup and two CLs if I am not overlooking something)

Pocchettino at PSG:
2.20 ppg
So far 2 of 6 competitions won

The decline is obvious.

Kaos

Sign him up for 6 years!
Here's hoping Madrid knock them out in the last 16 too, just so it cools our board's interest. Though knowing how inept they are, they'll probably be giddy since he'll likely be a free agent after PSG inevitably boot him.

IRN-BRUno

Whilst not first choice I haven't been totally against Poch becoming manager, his comments yesterday on Xavi Simons though were a little worrying. Almost sounded like Mourinho in throwing a young player under the bus.

SonyaCross493

Poch will be given the blame and sack at PSG soon (never Messi's fault is it!) so he will be the cheapo option for this United board to snap him. Absolute bargain as Poch's stock will be at an all-time low and in the gutter after getting sacked again so the Manchester United board can lowball him and pay him monkey wages. Glaziers will be loving it.

certainly cheaper than buying Ten Haag Ajax contract out.

The Manchester United Board will be all over this. A prophecy fulfilled.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Id be in favour of Ralph staying on, unless eth is available, he has started to clear the decks of dross, instil some standards and actually has a plan.

SonyaCross493

If we hire Poch I’m done.
why? Most people wanted him last summer

PSG is a circus like Real Madrid you can't judge him at that theme park.. Poch is forced to play all the attacking players by the owners that don't track back and are lazy so Poch can't play a solid balanced team he would want. This isn't Poch's team the current PSG team anyone who has seen Poch manage for years knows that.

it'll be a good opportunity to get Poch now when he's a free agent and his stock is at an all time low because of PSG being a circus you don't have to pay him a massive salary. Plus he's Prem Proven. Savvy.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
The people who wanted Poch last summer were clueless in fairness, thus why the number of people who want him now is even smaller. People have seen the light. Not even shaving his head can save him.

Gandalf

Like some others here I am ok with the Idea of Ralf staying if we continue to see improvements through the remainder of the season. If there is a clearly defined plan in place and it results in an uptick in form that secures a top 4 finish and maybe even a trophy then of course we should not be too quick to move on to someone else. He does seem to have a longer term vision for how the team should be set up and presumably given the role full time he would add a few signings in the summer to compliment his style.

My biggest reservation with Ralf is that he has never done it with a big club and has quit as manager at a couple of his past clubs with there being an implication that he actually prefers the DOF role to the daily grind of Coaching and indeed the evidence suggests that his best role. I am overall hoping for him to at least share the DOF role with Fletcher and bring in ETH to manage the side. I am not going to melt down if we end up with Poch but I will be fairly underwhelmed.

L1nk

Either get ETH or let Ralf stay for another season if he doesn't want to come, then assess again the summer after, I actually think Ralf would be willing to stay manager on a season by season basis depending on how he does of course, and then can step into his 2 year consultancy role whenever we decide that new manager search is over. I really don't think we should end it with Pochettino, and if nobody looks good in the summer beyond ETH we shouldn't rush into it.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't personally hold anything that's happened at PSG against Poch - if we were to hire him. We have no idea of the politics at that club, and whether he is being able to pick the team he wants to pick.

I still want Ten Hag or Potter over Poch mind you, but then I always have done.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Our board only spends top dollars for managers who aren't cut out to manage us while they become stingy for those who are.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Poch will be given the blame and sack at PSG soon (never Messi's fault is it!) so he will be the cheapo option for this United board to snap him. Absolute bargain as Poch's stock will be at an all-time low and in the gutter after getting sacked again so the Manchester United board can lowball him and pay him monkey wages. Glaziers will be loving it.

certainly cheaper than buying Ten Haag Ajax contract out.

The Manchester United Board will be all over this. A prophecy fulfilled.
ETH has only one year left. It's not going to be too costly.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would really like a style for our team. Poch just don't have it. He can be very negative too at times.

If not ETH, let Ralph continue for some more time.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why? He's not my first choice either, but I wouldn't be mad.
Because he’s objectively showing he isn’t at the level required if we want to beat Liverpool and City to titles. He can’t even dominate in a one team league. He did a good job at Spurs, that means feck all for a team of our historical stature and ambition to get back to the top.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Poch is an excellent manager who did some amazing work at Spurs.

There is an incredible sub-section of fans on the forum that rate Ole’s work at United while discounting Pochs work at Spurs.

Anyone that rates him is clueless despite him completing changing the way Spurs were viewed as a club across Europe, guaranteeing Champiobs League football every season and taking them to a final!

Poch, Ten Hag, Mancini or Luis Enrique are all perfectly fine choices with proven track records in the game.

Anyone crying because they don’t get their own personal choice is laughable.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Because he’s objectively showing he isn’t at the level required if we want to beat Liverpool and City to titles. He can’t even dominate in a one team league. He did a good job at Spurs, that means feck all for a team of our historical stature and ambition to get back to the top.
Erm…he is 11 points clear in his first full season?

We Need Another Rebuild

ETH is the clear favourite.

Majority of the players leaving this summer frees up wages and Funds to rebuild and sign players geared to a style of football not just the current manager

Also favours youth particularly his 2019 semi final champions league team

Then rebuild his side around Gravenberch, Timber & Alvarez

Ticks all the boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.