Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Erm…he is 11 points clear in his first full season?
A lot of their matches are quite even and therefore have narrow results.

Knowing that it's no surprise that they now lost in the cup and the super cup, and that's an issue. Sure the league is the most important national title but losing actual silverware to Nice and Lyon isn't expected from this team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because he’s objectively showing he isn’t at the level required if we want to beat Liverpool and City to titles. He can’t even dominate in a one team league. He did a good job at Spurs, that means feck all for a team of our historical stature and ambition to get back to the top.
PSG are 1st in the league and 11 points clear .

Jibbs

I wouldn't mind another scenario, if Ralf shows progress with the squad and United finishes in top 4 and wins a trophy, that we continue wit him for two more years, let him steady the ship properly and then appoint Nagelsmann.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I wouldn't mind another scenario, if Ralf shows progress with the squad and United finishes in top 4 and wins a trophy, that we continue wit him for two more years, let him steady the ship properly and then appoint Nagelsmann.
That would lead you too 2024 for this takeover. Nagelsmann has a contract until 2026, so it could be difficult to actually pull it off. But I agree that this move would absolutely make sense as their styles are well compatible and we have seen this succession to be quite successful in Leipzig.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think there are multiple measures to domination, but yeah he's on course to win the title and by no means struggling in that regard.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
ETH gives me SAF vibes. His interviews are similar to SAF initial interviews when he joined United. Plus his current Ajax are joy to watch.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think there are multiple measures to domination, but yeah he's on course to win the title and by no means struggling in that regard.
I mean, that would be a more of a barometer of walking the French league than an early exit in the French Cup.

Not that I'm justifying the exit though, that's a poor showing of course.

ShinjiNinja26

Of the 4 candidates being bandied about its Ten Hag or bust for me. If he isn’t available I’d rather stick with Ralf provided we secure top 4 and have a decent run in one of the cups.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Wow impressive. 10 year contract. What about losing the league last year? The cups this year? The lack of exciting football? He’s clearly a decent manager. Nothing more.

Rolaholic

Would be peak United hiring a lameduck as the long term manager.

Doubt P$G will regret it once they start winning CL's under Zidane

TheReligion

Abusive
Wow impressive. 10 year contract. What about losing the league last year? The cups this year? The lack of exciting football? He’s clearly a decent manager. Nothing more.
You’re going to get pulled up for talking shit if you keep talking shit.

I’m not sold on Poch myself but you said specifically he can’t dominate in France yet he’s 11 points clear at the top.

I mean doh?

BluesJr

You’re going to get pulled up for talking shit if you keep talking shit.

I’m not sold on Poch myself but you said specifically he can’t dominate in France yet he’s 11 points clear at the top.

I mean doh?
Did he dominate it last year?

tomaldinho1

Erm…he is 11 points clear in his first full season?
You'll never win with some of the posters on here who hate Poch. PSG play dull football but everyone knows the issue there begins with an L and rhymes with Bernardo...his eye for signings who are bad eggs is unrivalled.

USREDEVIL

God I can't wait for the summer to have some glimmer of hope for us going forward.

Right now my only sunshine is us possibly winning the FA cup. Otherwise i'm cautiously expecting to get 4th place and just focusing on us getting ETH in and maybe a really good CDM and a striker (Haaland would be a miracle).

BluesJr

The two best options are currently schooling us and have been for years at our biggest rivals so the best attainable option has to be ten Hag. Far from a certainty but I’d be willing to bet a lot of money he’d do better than Poch, who would end up just like all the others we’ve had.

Greck

Couldn't care less what happens at PSG. It's very telling several managers have had their best CL years away from them. Their emphasis on individual star power isn't even conducive to system play. They looked like a team of individuals under even Tuchel. People here were calling Ole superior to Tuchel. People here are also very prone to sentiment of the month assessments on rival managers.

Strootman's Finger

Ten Haag or stick with Ralf. Right now it's hard to remember, but about 3 days ago I was feeling really optimistic about the club for the first time in a while. While the performances haven't been great yet we have steadied the ship, results wise the only club to earn more points during Rangnicks first 6 weeks was City, and in the last game or two we are starting to see glimmers of better football, coinciding with playing 4-3-3. Now he has trimmed the squad, maybe got rid of some complainers, the board vetoed others unfortunately, but he is establishing his squad. We are seeing young players getting a chance with expectations that more like Hannibal will too. This is early days, but prior to the greenwood thing and the board undermining him on transfer deadline day it felt we were finally on some sort of upward trajectory. So for me, you don't pass on Ten Haag, but if that doesn't work no other name impresses me enough to abandon what we have started... especially if Ralf could really make his stamp on the squad in the transfer window.

soapythecat

The recent transfer window perhaps tells us the club are no closer to deciding who may come in. My reason for thinking along these lines is if RR wanted say ETH, then a midfield reinforcement may have come in as he might have an idea as to what he’d want from one.
I hope and pray it isn’t Poch, which will mean he will indeed be the United manager.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Would be peak United hiring a lameduck as the long term manager.

Doubt P$G will regret it once they start winning CL's under Zidane
Zidane rejected them. I think twice.

BluesJr

Saying hes not dominating the league is daft when hes 11 points clear. Don't try to move goalposts.
Did I specifically say this season? I’ll correct my original post to say French football and what argument do you have against that? One lost title to Lille and out of the cups. The fans don’t like him the club want rid at the end of season. Clearly a top manager.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did I specifically say this season? I’ll correct my original post to say French football and what argument do you have against that? One lost title to Lille and out of the cups. The fans don’t like him the club want rid at the end of season. Clearly a top manager.
Tuchel didnt dominate that season either. If Poch wins the league comfortably this year your only argument will be that Tuchel won a league cup and Poch didnt.

So youd be grasping at straws. Your original post came across daft to a team walking the league.

BluesJr

Tuchel didnt dominate that season either. If Poch wins the league comfortably this year your only argument will be that Tuchel won a league cup and Poch didnt.

So youd be grasping at straws. Your original post came across daft to a team walking the league.
Them dominating the league isn’t an achievement. Them not winning it last year is a far bigger warning sign. As was the CL tie. He has not dominated French football since being there and shown very little in Europe. It’s his job to motivate the players and to get them playing football.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Them dominating the league isn’t an achievement. Them not winning it last year is a far bigger warning sign. As was the CL tie. He has not dominated French football since being there and shown very little in Europe. It’s his job to motivate the players and to get them playing football.
You spoke about French league and now you're barking about CL.

Answer the question - Tuchel was way off the boil for half a season or so, in the same year Poch came in and finished 2nd in the second half.

Now Poch is 11 points clear and walking the league. How is he not dominating the French league.

BluesJr

You spoke about French league and now you're barking about CL.

Answer the question - Tuchel was way off the boil for half a season or so, in the same year Poch came in and finished 2nd in the second half.

Now Poch is 11 points clear and walking the league. How is he not dominating the French league.
He’s clearly dominating the league this season. It’s not a big achievement it’s irrelevant it’s the baseline. You’re very obsessed with semantics which is fair enough. I’ve already said in a previous post if I revised my original point to say French football you’d have no answer, and you don’t.

You clearly love Poch, if you get him you’ll see that it won’t end well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s clearly dominating the league this season. It’s not a big achievement it’s irrelevant it’s the baseline. You’re very obsessed with semantics which is fair enough. I’ve already said in a previous post if I revised my original point to say French football you’d have no answer, and you don’t.
Its not irrelevant at all. You said hes not even dominating the French league and you got called out.

As another poster said if you talk shit youl get called out for it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
A lot of their matches are quite even and therefore have narrow results.

Knowing that it's no surprise that they now lost in the cup and the super cup, and that's an issue. Sure the league is the most important national title but losing actual silverware to Nice and Lyon isn't expected from this team.
There will be no manager that thrives there with that squad. It is full of egos and players who only turn up when they want to. It’s an impossible task.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There will be no manager that thrives there with that squad. It is full of egos and players who only turn up when they want to. It’s an impossible task.
Exactly.
Poch has not done as well as I thought but he has more than enough goodwill in the bank for any top club to give him a shot let alone us.

BluesJr

Its not irrelevant at all. You said hes not even dominating the French league and you got called out.

As another poster said if you talk shit youl get called out for it.
He didn’t dominate it last season. Which is a far bigger issue. Look, I’m completely confident in my assessment of Poch and I’ll be proven right in time. Leave it there.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You're leaving out the part where he only joined them last year in 2021 in the second half of the season. Compare to this year where he manages from the start of the season and his team are walking the league. It's also a galactico style team full of big egos that could make Madrid teams blush. If you don't want Poch, then that's valid to think, but your reasoning in the past few comments is poor, and moves goalposts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn’t dominate it last season. Which is a far bigger issue. Look, I’m completely confident in my assessment of Poch and I’ll be proven right in time. Leave it there.
Tuchel didnt dominate it last season. Was he shit? No.

Its like you have no clue Poch joined mid way through the season where PSG were off the pace and not 1st.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Klopp didn't dominate in his last season at Dortmund, which is an understatement. He didn't even dominate in his first couple years in England. The poster above mentions similarly about Tuchel who struggled in his last season at PSG, but is doing pretty well with Chelsea, and already won a CL.

BluesJr

Tuchel didnt dominate it last season. Was he shit? No.

Its like you have no clue Poch joined mid way through the season where PSG were off the pace and not 1st.
They were one point behind with 17 games played. If he was a great manager he would have won the league easily.

BluesJr

Klopp didn't dominate in his last season at Dortmund, which is an understatement. He didn't even dominate in his first couple years in England. The poster above mentions similarly about Tuchel who struggled in his last season at PSG, but is doing pretty well with Chelsea, and already won a CL.
Klopp was never at the biggest club in the league. Completely different scenario. Poch managed to come 3rd in a season where they could have caught Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.